Laois Senior Football Championship 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, March 09, 2018, 12:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laoiseabu

Ye I'd agree Ballyroanabu. Aaron Carroll seems to have filled out well too . I'd be really looking foward to seeing how Ballyroan progress over the next 3-5 years .

The Monument Road

Some great young footballers on that Ballroan  Abbey team. That young Scully chap(No 7) has some engine but was hindered and targeted last night by some very dark tactics. He didnt get the protection he deserved

SCFC

Quote from: The Monument Road on August 23, 2018, 02:18:17 PM
Some great young footballers on that Ballroan  Abbey team. That young Scully chap(No 7) has some engine but was hindered and targeted last night by some very dark tactics. He didnt get the protection he deserved
Is he the same Martin Scilly who was a Laois under 21 around 4 years ago? Had a few runs with the seniors too?
He was a forward back then if it's the same guy.
I don't know about protection. He's a brave lad who went into a few tough tackles. He certainly got a couple of late clatters too but I think yellows were as much as was deserved? Maybe I'm wrong!!
One thing that struck me in the stand was that supporters of neither team seem to like their official name. It was all Come on Arles and Come on Ballyroan. Abbey and Kilcruise very redundant😁

Jd

Looks like Stradbally have sorted out their  problems  and are firmly  back on the horse.  Probably the only team in Laois who won't show too much respect to Portlaoise. Any opinions  on who else can raise a challenge this year

Laoiseabu

Jody Dillon is the only one that can stop portlaoise as was proven two years ago and again tonight

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Port were by far the better team in the first half and if Strad had been playing Portlaoise they would have been out of it at half time playing like that. A lot of the Strad lads look a bit overweight but they staged a great comeback and deserved the win.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

Heath got over the line but were full value ...evan Keane was outstanding .

John Flynn was excellent in the middle!

LAOIS ABÚ

Jd

Looks like an another have almost  pulled from the clonaslee  setup......  Only two or three played against Killen.  No Stapleton or Millers.  Concentration  all on junior  now.  Ballyfin will probably have just enough to stay up

Jd

SCFC

Quote from: Jd on August 27, 2018, 04:03:38 PM
Looks like an another have almost  pulled from the clonaslee  setup......  Only two or three played against Killen.  No Stapleton or Millers.  Concentration  all on junior  now.  Ballyfin will probably have just enough to stay up
Can't say I'm surprised.

Laoiseabu

They are too far apart for this to be a long term amalgamation . Maybe Annanough should look to Timahoe or Park Ratheniska or the Heath ? Would Clonaslee look to Kilcavan ? Or Ballyfin ? I assume Rosenallis isn't an option due to rivalry up there .

Helix

It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Unlaoised

Quote from: Helix on August 27, 2018, 07:33:43 PM
Quote from: Unlaoised on August 27, 2018, 10:26:43 AM

John Flynn was excellent in the middle!

Love the sarcasm.  ::)

Not meant to be any ! ;)

Did you think he was poor?I didn't !
LAOIS ABÚ

SCFC

Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 27, 2018, 07:09:31 PM
They are too far apart for this to be a long term amalgamation . Maybe Annanough should look to Timahoe or Park Ratheniska or the Heath ? Would Clonaslee look to Kilcavan ? Or Ballyfin ? I assume Rosenallis isn't an option due to rivalry up there .
Annanough, Timahoe and Park Ratheniska would have the makings of a fine senior set up. All could retain their own junior and intermediate teams and go together in the senior.

Unlaoised

Quote from: SCFC on August 28, 2018, 10:55:03 AM
Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 27, 2018, 07:09:31 PM
Annanough, Timahoe and Park Ratheniska would have the makings of a fine senior set up. All could retain their own junior and intermediate teams and go together in the senior.

Any Annanough lads who wanted to hurl could go play hurling with the Carlow lads as well ...New Jerseys would be the order of the day ...

Carlow Tops maybe blue shorts and socks  :P
LAOIS ABÚ