Laois Senior Football Championship 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, March 09, 2018, 12:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The PRO

Quote from: Don Draper on August 12, 2018, 01:49:55 PM
Jesus if no team is fit to relegate this Clonaslee side they should f**k off down to junior with themselves.
Survival is their speciality. They are experts at it.
What Annanough are getting out of this arrangement is beyond me. Baffling.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

The draw for Round 3 and the relegation semi-finals were made following the second double header in O'Moore Park.
Repeat pairings in Round 3 were not permitted.

The draw is as follows:
Arles-Kilcruise v Ballyroan-Abbey
Ballylinan v O'Dempsey's
Graiguecullen v Crettyard Gaels
Portarlington v Stradbally

Relegation semi-finals:
The Heath v Ballyfin Gaels
Clonaslee Gaels v Arles-Killeen

The relegation games and Round 3 will take place on the weekend of August 23-26. The quarter-finals and relegation final will be on the weekend of September 13-16.

Thanks to Laois Today for this information.
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Laoiseabu

Killeshin seem to have a very young mobile team don't they ? Seems to be some potential there as a team

The PRO

Joseph's seem to be down a few players - Jason and Kevin Campion, James Doyle, Danny and Paddy Hickey.
Anyone know if any of them will be back for the later rounds? Could they trouble Portlaoise?

Laoiseabu

Maybe to a point they could trouble Portlaoise . I think out of all the teams at the moment Joseph's  are the closest to Portlaoise. Young Josh Lacey will be a good addition to the side next year when he's of age to play . But still I can't see Portlaoise being beaten this year anyway .

High Fielder

Portlaoise are miles ahead in my opinion and they need to show that. They were playing with Graigue the last day out and could have beaten them by what they wanted. They need to go foot to the floor for the whole game because Laois is no preparation for Leinster

Laoiseabu

Portlaoises aim this year is a Leinster title and so it should be . With a team of Brody , Saunders/Cotter, Healy/Flanagan , Seale, Holland , Dillon , Chris Finn, Lillis, Ciaran McEvoy/ Adrian Kelly,Benny Carroll/ Rogers, Boyle , Glynn/Smyth , Cahillane , Bruno, Lawless / Ricky Maher plus a decent second team behind them behind it's easy to see why .

BallyroanAbu

I think we win tonight easy enough that's no slur on Kilcruise just think we are going well

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Laoiseabu

Where did Ye pull Shaun Murphy from Ballyroan Abu?

BallyroanAbu

His been here all the time started midfield against Arles Kileen two years ago, in fairness his only young and has got into the gym the last two years.  His dad John played midfield for us in 1992.

Kilcruise  may be many things but you can't buy the aggression and passion them boys have over the years wish more teams in Laois had it.  No fear of anyone or anything.

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Laoiseabu

Is it true that next year is the year where the start of the underage prospects off the conveyer belt arrive Ballyroanabu ?

The PRO

An interesting game last night.

Draw probably just about right but I think Ballyroan Abbey will be a little disappointed that they didn't close it out. They possibly have a bit more scope for improvement. Tierney and Whelan can surely do better. Scott Conroy was great.

What can you say about Arles Kilcruise? They never cease to amaze me. A kick of a ball from being relegated last year and here they are battling away with a very small panel. You'd fear for them when Ross finally hangs up the boots though! Some operator. Fran Egan had one of his best games for them too.

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: Laoiseabu on August 23, 2018, 11:13:44 AM
Is it true that next year is the year where the start of the underage prospects off the conveyer belt arrive Ballyroanabu ?

We are certainly getting more players coming through, I would think it's already happening we are probably seeing it more at junior level than anywhere else.  I know loads of teams  are down players but we are down Conor Brennan, Liam Delaney (injured) at the moment.  With Adam Brennan, Eoghan Whelan and Ciaran Carroll not been able to commit this year.  If this was 5 or 6 years ago we would simply not have been able to cope with that.  Very much like the Laois Seniors, being competitive will keep young lads playing and that's what everyone wants.  If we are any good a game like last night will bring us on and harden us up. I am looking forward to next weeks game already.  Ross was super, Davy going off had to hurt them a fair bit so I am sure they will improve.  I like Lar Wall he just makes his team as tough as nails, because his old style his prob underrated.