Laois Senior Football Championship 2018

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, March 09, 2018, 12:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jd

I actually thought Ballylinan were the best of the rest this year. Their training was very very good and they have a good panel, but Portlaoise are in a different place completely. Losing the 10  in a row seems to have stung them to greater effort. They blew ballyroan away on Sunday and I suspect weren't even at full tilt. Ballyroan will recover and with all the younger players coming on stream I'd fancy them to be challenging in the next few years as will Killeshin. What disappoints me a bit is that the other towns can't get it right and challenge Portlaoise.

Laoiseabu

Ballylinan were the best of the rest?? What u smoking pal?

Jd

Whatever it was it wasn't that strong ...... 😀That was a typo...... Should have read Ballyroan

SCFC

Thought Joseph's looked like a team who could possibly give Portlaoise some sort of a test in a semi final or final.

Some fine players and I also think some of them were a bit below par on Sunday and could improve. I still don't like the way they acquired young Daly. It will always be thrown back at them if they ever go on and win it.

Adam Campion looked a great corner back. He blotted out Colm Kelly completely.

Laoiseabu

What is everyone's predictions for the Graigue Killeshin replay tonight folks?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

I think this weather will suit Graiguecullen more than that a slicker Killeshin team who would prefer a faster game on a dry pitch. Graiguecullen will have to play for the full hour to win this. No point in depending on a good finish again..
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

redsetanta

A thriller in O'Moore Pk by the sound of things
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Yes, another thriller with Graiguecullen coming out on top this time. This is the kind of football everyone wants to see, good honest attacking football played at a cracking pace and some great scores into the bargan.
Good referring on both occasions helped to make these games some of the most exciting seen in O'Moore Park for quite some time. They attracted big crowds to both games and must have given the county selectors plenty to work on.

Report here:  https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/09/19/graiguecullen-strike-late-to-see-off-neighbours-and-reach-semi-finals/

Faugheen

Thought Flynn made some strange decisions on both sides, especially in the 2nd half.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Faugheen on September 20, 2018, 11:29:47 PM
Thought Flynn made some strange decisions on both sides, especially in the 2nd half.
I agree, he did but overall he handled it well. He's the first ref i've seen this year to give young Aaron Forbes fair play.
I've seen more fouls committed on that man go unpunished just because of his size which is totally unfair, a foul is a foul regardless of a mans size.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Laois SFC Semi-Finals @ O'Moore Park
Sunday 30th September 2018

14:00
Portlaoise v St Joseph's
Ref: John Flynn

15:30
O'Dempseys v Graiguecullen
Ref: Joe Brennan

The PRO

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on September 26, 2018, 02:41:40 PM
Laois SFC Semi-Finals @ O'Moore Park
Sunday 30th September 2018

14:00
Portlaoise v St Joseph's
Ref: John Flynn

15:30
O'Dempseys v Graiguecullen
Ref: Joe Brennan
Fancy O'Dempseys to edge Graigue. Portlaoise by around 7 points in the other one.

SCFC

Portlaoise v Graiguecullen final is my guess.
O'Dempseys were poor v Emo. But there won't be much in it. The two Finley lads are deadly forwards. Think Graigue would be a step up on Emo. But they do blow hot and cold and if they hit an off day, the Killenard lads have a chance.

Jd

Has to be Portlaoise I'd say but anyone expecting a coronation could be surprised . Joseph's will dig in and make it difficult and the longer they do the more confident they'll be . Having said that I still think Portlaoise have the forwards to get home by three. The other game is hard to call ODs looked poor against Emo and Graiguecullen were good against Killeshin if the Finlay are held then they'll struggle for scores and  in Timmons Graiguecullen have the best defender in the county. Emo didn't test ODs defence but Graiguecullen will run at them and have the finishers to punish them too. Based on scoring power I give it to Graigue on the bit of Extra class

BallyroanAbu

I think we are looking at an absolute hammering Portlaoise will dish out to St Joseph's,  this is a very decent version of Portlaoise who look surely will run well in the All Ireland Club.  Portlaoise by 10.  I give O Dempsey's the nod against Graigue.