Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

It really does appear they are pulling the strings the longer time goes on so can't happen soon enough.

trailer

A no deal Brexit is bad news for everyone not just the UK. And in Europe Ireland will suffer the most.
I imagine a sort of fudge, with the can kicked down the road. Not ideal either. Like a sort of infinite limbo.
However I can see if the right deal is done NI could turn into like a Singapore on steroids. Wishful thinking maybe.

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 24, 2018, 06:02:42 PM
So what if you work for an Irish company owned by a Danish company which has a global market for its goods... will that have an effect on the jobs, costs, pricing? The question has been asked but there are no answers other than 'it will be grand'

You are finally reaching the point that the rest of us reached months/years ago.  Remember, when you told us all to forget about it "cos it will all be grand".

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so important.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on September 25, 2018, 11:08:36 AM
So what if you work for an Irish company owned by a Danish company which has a global market for its goods... will that have an effect on the jobs, costs, pricing? The question has been asked but there are no answers other than 'it will be grand'

You are finally reaching the point that the rest of us reached months/years ago.  Remember, when you told us all to forget about it "cos it will all be grand".

But this is it, the clever people who have their finger on the pulse, couldnt answer that same question.. so I've come here where there seems to be an answer for everything, and I'm stil waiting.. personally I don't think in my line of work it will have much too much change, but others not so..

Thats if it happens of course ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2018, 11:13:31 AM

But this is it, the clever people who have their finger on the pulse, couldnt answer that same question.. so I've come here where there seems to be an answer for everything, and I'm stil waiting.. personally I don't think in my line of work it will have much too much change, but others not so..

No, no, you thought you WERE the clever boy with your finger on the pulse.  The rest of us were apparently just being a bit hysterical, discussing things like jobs/services/travel etc but you knew better.  It wasn't going to happen.  And if it did, it wasn't going to affect any of us that much.

Remember "nobody is getting shot" and "a bottle of plonk is still a fiver".  How embarrassing.

Glad to see that you've finally joined the rest of us in the real world.

armaghniac

Where are your inputs coming from? What proportion of your sales are in the EU? Where do your staff come from? How are your goods shipped?
All over the UK companies are wondering what to plan and the government is refusing to give them any certainty whatsoever only 6 months out, and the Tories are supposed to be a party of business. You couldn't make it up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

OgraAnDun

Quote from: armaghniac on September 25, 2018, 12:32:06 PM

Where are your inputs coming from? What proportion of your sales are in the EU? Where do your staff come from? How are your goods shipped?
All over the UK companies are wondering what to plan and the government is refusing to give them any certainty whatsoever only 6 months out, and the Tories are supposed to be a party of business. You couldn't make it up.

Is a major customer reliant (directly or indirectly) on sales or supplies to the EU/U.K.?

ziggysego

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 25, 2018, 11:13:31 AM

We asked for answers, we demanded answered, we knew things wouldn't be right. Then the Tories jumped into bed with the DUP and we knew we were royally screwed then.

It wasn't a case of it will all blow over as you stated.
Testing Accessibility

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on September 25, 2018, 12:32:06 PM

The plutocrats behind Brexit do not care about business
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Franko

Quote from: Rossfan on September 25, 2018, 01:00:48 PM
300 pages ;D

I'm surprised it's not more.  We had 200 on a rape trial involving a couple of rugger buggers.  This is the single biggest (local) political event in generations.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Franko on September 25, 2018, 01:05:51 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 25, 2018, 01:00:48 PM
300 pages ;D

I'm surprised it's not more.  We had 200 on a rape trial involving a couple of rugger buggers.  This is the single biggest (local) political event in generations.

Yeah but Syferus hasn't been in here too much😂

imtommygunn

Watching frampton's documentary last night it was interesting seeing "leave eu" written all over the side of houses in tigers bay and then eu flags on the 11th night bonfire. I wonder what reasons these people have for wanting to leave the eu??