Laois Junior Football Championship 2019

Started by The PRO, February 28, 2019, 09:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silkyskillssunshinee

I have to admit that I agree with the above comments. Regardless of what team Graiguecullen are throwing out at Junior C level, it's not right. There's no reason why they shouldn't have scrapped the Junior C team and used some of those players, along with members of their proper Junior A team, and had a good run at the Junior A championship, a competition they haven't been far off from winning the last few years.

There's lads on Graiguecullen's Senior side who will be sitting on the bench tomorrow and not see any game time. What are they to do for the rest of the summer? Sit on the bench for the rest of the summer, or maybe decide to drop down and win an easy Junior C title?

Joeythelips

Laois Shopping Centre Junior Football Championship Quarter Finals
Castletown v Winners of Killeshin/Spink
Ballyroan-Abbey v The Heath
Park-Ratheniska v The Harps
O'Dempsey's v Kilcavan

Some interesting ties, The Harps beating Barrowhouse would have to go down as a bit of a shock, if then can beat Barrowhouse they will cause problems for Park. Bally roan should win, Kilcavan v O Dempseys sounds 50/50 and not too sure about the first game. No one really stands out, Park are favourites I would imagine but whoever wins will really have to earn it.

Toomanygaels

If Graigue decide to field 3 adult teams next year, what grade will they play at?

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on August 10, 2019, 11:41:57 AM
I have to admit that I agree with the above comments. Regardless of what team Graiguecullen are throwing out at Junior C level, it's not right. There's no reason why they shouldn't have scrapped the Junior C team and used some of those players, along with members of their proper Junior A team, and had a good run at the Junior A championship, a competition they haven't been far off from winning the last few years.

There's lads on Graiguecullen's Senior side who will be sitting on the bench tomorrow and not see any game time. What are they to do for the rest of the summer? Sit on the bench for the rest of the summer, or maybe decide to drop down and win an easy Junior C title?

SCFC

Stunned by that result yesterday morning. Park Ratheniska must be absolutely devastated by that. Seems Castletown fully deserved it too.

Jd

Kinda ironic if Castletown win it that the lads who were with Mountmellick would end up playing with their own club at the same level. They are a nice outfit and I would fancy them to take this title too. Feel sorry for park they're a great club but just cannot get over the line

les Antiques

I heard Ryan Mullaney was colossal at centre field for Castletown yesterday.   

Helix.

Quote from: SCFC on September 16, 2019, 10:35:18 AM
Stunned by that result yesterday morning. Park Ratheniska must be absolutely devastated by that. Seems Castletown fully deserved it too.

Park Ratheniska had their chance last year too and blew it. They just don't have enough up front to get the job done. Other junior teams will only get stronger (Spink and Ballyroan will have a decent crop of young lads next year which will be a boost). Joseph's 2nd team back down and Kilcavan will always be tough. It's going to get more increasingly difficult for them to win Junior A. And if they do win staying up intermediate will be a challenge.

The irony is Castletown have more senior football player experience than Park Ratheniska since a good few have played with Mountmellick in the past so a surprise rather than stunned. Most of them would be quite fit from training senior hurling and inter county level. If they get James Mullaney home from abroad for a final they'll have massive chance. Fully deserved.
ODempseys and The Heath this evening in other semi final.
It'll be interesting to see will any of the Castletown lads go in with regional team at end of season.

SCFC

Quote from: Helix. on September 16, 2019, 02:18:13 PM
Quote from: SCFC on September 16, 2019, 10:35:18 AM
It'll be interesting to see will any of the Castletown lads go in with regional team at end of season.
Depends if they're in or out of the hurling I'd imagine.

Helix.

O'Dempseys with a comfortable win tonight. The Heath with a few injuries ran out of steam and O'Dempseys full value for the win. Will be a decent final will be hard one to call. 

Joeythelips

Just going on match reports but it did seem that Park were all hands on deck this year so if Castletown can beat them they should me more than good enough to beat O'Dempseys.

It does show the benefit of the gaels system though as Castletown had a few players who had been kicking at senior level with Mountmellick and that has really stood to them. They could win their 3rd junior title on the trot which is a great achievement.

Neutralobserver

Well done to o Dempseys a club going in the right direction. Hard luck to castletown but it's been a great 3 year for them