2019 USFC SF Dún na nGall vs Tír Eoghain, Breffni, Saturday 8th June @5pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, May 26, 2019, 09:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

From the Bunker

Quote from: yellowcard on June 08, 2019, 06:29:10 PM
Harte is a genius for getting that team to an AI final last year.

You think? There is a plethora of average teams in the chasing bunch! Donegal, Mayo, Galway, Monaghan, Kerry are no Dublin beaters!

J70

Quote from: hardstation on June 08, 2019, 06:40:47 PM
Egg on some Tyrone faces in this thread. They were deluded thinking they were well ahead of Donegal last year when clearly they weren't. They believe they beat them "comfortably" despite trailing for 62 minutes.
This might wake them up as this is a comfortable win.

Yep.

Blowitupref

Full time Donegal 1-16 Tyrone 0-15. A great win Donegal. They now have a chance to win two in a row Ulster titles for the first time since 2012.

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 08, 2019, 06:42:25 PM
Full time Donegal 1-16 Tyrone 0-15. A great win Donegal. They now have a chance to win two in a row Ulster titles for the first time since 2012.

and they haven't played Cavan in a final since 1983.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Captain Obvious

Donegal basically won that game by half time. Most impressive thing was how well Donegal controlled that 2nd half. Those Tyrone supporters that walked out early looked shell shocked.

An Watcher

Stick with the blanket and comfortably win ulster every year then suffer against the dubs or abandon the blanket, struggle in ulster and then be more able to compete against the dubs.
Happy enough to abandon the blanket

J70

Murphy ran the show. Excellent display by Ciaran Thompson off the bench, his missed goal chance aside. Hugh McFadden and Jamie Brennan outstanding too. Patton has learned the goal keeper contact lens trick from Tony Blake I see! :D

I guess we are not as far off Tyrone as we thought!

Need to get back down to earth and get the attitude right going into the final as favourites.

Only criticism is we got a bit sloppy at the end.

Angelo

Quote from: Angelo on June 07, 2019, 07:20:15 AM
Quote from: J70 on June 07, 2019, 01:07:10 AM
Quote from: The Bearded One on June 04, 2019, 02:20:36 PM
In Ryan McHugh Donegal possess one the best players around for anticipating a 'flicked' pass from a kick-out with him heading towards the opposition goals...if we leave as much space for this to happen as we did against Antrim, we will be punished. I expect 2/3 Tyrone men behind midfield for every kick-out with a zonal press in front of that, I don't think we will push man on man. Patton has a brilliant ability to find his man, I think they had a 100% success rate against Fermanagh.

Would you not like to see both teams just say "f**k it" and take a chance and go for it in a shoot-out?

I hope Donegal keep three or four up the field. If they lose, so be it, but the packed defense is done.

It's about striking the balance right, we've been wide open against Division 4 sides on a number of occasions so far this year. If we do the same against Donegal we will lose.

We need to plug up the gaps that have emerged at the back in those two games but I hope we continue to move the ball with the same speed, accuracy and directness that we have done in the 2 games so far.

This was my worry and Harte got it badly wrong. All the experts have been telling Tyrone what they've been doing wrong for years now and today is probably proof if it was needed that there was merit to the way they have played in the past few years. Time and time again we were wide open through the middle, bar Rory Brennan and Hampsey we don't have good solid defenders who can stick to a man.

Other than that it was an aberration of a performance and the 4 point gap flattered us. We picked a big physical side with plenty of height around the team but were utterly destroyed in the air around the middle of the pitch. Patton's kickouts were immense.

The Harte black card was a joke of a decision and Gough rode us in the first half but it wasn't a factor in the result.

Tiernan McCann should get a ban for that, no need for it and the GAA should be changing the rules and giving 3 or 4 games bans for that kind of action as a deterrent. It's very hard to spot in a game so unlikely to get punished there and then and it will only be retrospectively it will be punished with a rather measly one game ban.

McHugh does an awful lot of diving though and Gough bought it all day long.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Whishtup

Harte a huge loss, worth 5-6 points in most games and a goal getter.  Even Antrim game would not have been as comfortable without him.  Always thought Donegal forwards would have too much firepower for porous Tyrone defence.  One of those days when everything looks wrong-all hanpasses looped, kicking at the wrong time, kicking it out over the sideline,etc., stupid stuff by McCann.  Brian Kennedy played in weird position.    The sort of game the players need to black out but the manager needs to watch every day and learn.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Angelo on June 08, 2019, 06:49:39 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 07, 2019, 07:20:15 AM
Quote from: J70 on June 07, 2019, 01:07:10 AM
Quote from: The Bearded One on June 04, 2019, 02:20:36 PM
In Ryan McHugh Donegal possess one the best players around for anticipating a 'flicked' pass from a kick-out with him heading towards the opposition goals...if we leave as much space for this to happen as we did against Antrim, we will be punished. I expect 2/3 Tyrone men behind midfield for every kick-out with a zonal press in front of that, I don't think we will push man on man. Patton has a brilliant ability to find his man, I think they had a 100% success rate against Fermanagh.

Would you not like to see both teams just say "f**k it" and take a chance and go for it in a shoot-out?

I hope Donegal keep three or four up the field. If they lose, so be it, but the packed defense is done.

It's about striking the balance right, we've been wide open against Division 4 sides on a number of occasions so far this year. If we do the same against Donegal we will lose.

We need to plug up the gaps that have emerged at the back in those two games but I hope we continue to move the ball with the same speed, accuracy and directness that we have done in the 2 games so far.

This was my worry and Harte got it badly wrong. All the experts have been telling Tyrone what they've been doing wrong for years now and today is probably proof if it was needed that there was merit to the way they have played in the past few years. Time and time again we were wide open through the middle, bar Rory Brennan and Hampsey we don't have good solid defenders who can stick to a man.

Other than that it was an aberration of a performance and the 4 point gap flattered us. We picked a big physical side with plenty of height around the team but were utterly destroyed in the air around the middle of the pitch. Patton's kickouts were immense.

The Harte black card was a joke of a decision and Gough rode us in the first half but it wasn't a factor in the result.

Tiernan McCann should get a ban for that, no need for it and the GAA should be changing the rules and giving 3 or 4 games bans for that kind of action as a deterrent. It's very hard to spot in a game so unlikely to get punished there and then and it will only be retrospectively it will be punished with a rather measly one game ban.

McHugh does an awful lot of diving though and Gough bought it all day long.
Agree with that re: mccann, deserves a ban. Similar to what mcmahon got away with a few e years ago,  but that sort of thing needs to be clamped down on at some stage.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

screenexile

Quote from: hardstation on June 08, 2019, 06:40:47 PM
Egg on some Tyrone faces in this thread. They were deluded thinking they were well ahead of Donegal last year when clearly they weren't. They believe they beat them "comfortably" despite trailing for 62 minutes.
This might wake them up as this is a comfortable win.

Yeah and now it's the tactics fault!!  ::)  ::)

Out muscled and out played!

tyroneman

A very very poor game by Tyrone. Lot of unforced errors and played right into Donegal hands. That said if 1 of the 3 clear goal chances had went in......more of a sweat at least.

Blanket for Ulster....throw it off for the rest....hard to train for.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: twohands!!! on June 08, 2019, 05:34:59 PM
Quote from: hardstation on June 08, 2019, 05:27:03 PM
Quote from: lenny on June 08, 2019, 05:21:59 PM
Quote from: GJL on June 08, 2019, 05:17:51 PM
Black card was ridiculous.

Harsh but definitely a foot trip so by the letter of the law ref was correct.
Needs to be a deliberate trip to be a black card. I don't think it was deliberate.

Not remotely harsh - he led with the foot it was 100% deliberate - Tyrone and Harte can have zero complaints.
Rancid stupidity/laziness by Harte.
Such nonsense.
No way in hell that should have been a black card.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either