Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

was up in lisburn with our seniors yday. we ended up winning by 1 point in a well contested game.

we were missing over 20 players from our squad due to the U21 hurling on the night (which has now been cancelled!) and other games so to get a result there down that much was pretty pleasing.

what i was impressed with was how Lisburn played. they def do not deserve to be bottom without a point to their name. they played really good football for long periods and kicked 4 unreal points during the game. It just shows how competitive that Division 2 is this year.
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dunloy realist on June 17, 2019, 09:01:17 AM
was up in lisburn with our seniors yday. we ended up winning by 1 point in a well contested game.

we were missing over 20 players from our squad due to the U21 hurling on the night (which has now been cancelled!) and other games so to get a result there down that much was pretty pleasing.

what i was impressed with was how Lisburn played. they def do not deserve to be bottom without a point to their name. they played really good football for long periods and kicked 4 unreal points during the game. It just shows how competitive that Division 2 is this year.

It's a seriously good competitive league, have done a few games lately and it's generally nip and tuck the whole way.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

it really is. ive been impressed with the teams in it and how tight the league is overall. the teams are very evenly matched and with Rossa getting beat yday its made the promotion race very interesting now.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Does it split at half way and go to a top and bottom 6? (or whatever the number is)

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 17, 2019, 10:05:03 AM
Does it split at half way and go to a top and bottom 6? (or whatever the number is)

Yes - splits after last round of games next weekend

I think the remaining 5 games will be played before cship this year as opposed to last year when there was still a couple to be played in November, including the important St Brigids randalstown game which had a big bearing on promotion
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

imtommygunn

That sounds very efficient for antrim standards lol. Yeah those leagues look to be working out quite well this year.

Caesar

In Division One, very little separates the top 6 teams who all look capable of beating each other. Should be very interesting after the split! The bottom half will be very close too. St Bridgets and Aghagallon should be comfortable after the split but it is looking ominous for St Teresas and Clooney. I wouldn't be surprised if St Endas end up in danger of relegation with some of their better players bound for America for the summer.

Na Glinntí Glasa

aye we arent allow to refix games so they all have to be played before the final games next week at the split.

it does make sense to get the games all played in a time frame as no one needs games being played after championship
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

Good to see our allocation of tickets for Saturdays big game against Kildare has sold out. Our players and management have put in a hard shift throughout the year and deserve nothing less than some proper support for 70 minutes on Saturday.

On our very best form we have a good chance of remaining in the competition come Monday mornings draw. We are under no pressure whatsoever, outside the panel very few expect anything but a drubbing, as is reflected in the bookies odds. But we are on a mini high after the Louth performance and Kildare are exactly the opposite after shipping a hefty defeat to the Dubs.....plus we have home advantage. All in all I fully expect us to be competitive throughout and won't be surprised in the least if we cause the biggest upset for quite a while.

ahoy hoy

Anyone seen this lad Connor Mcstay from Aghagallon play? Apparently he got called up to the squad for Kildare.

Belfast GAA man

No and congratulations to him but seems very late in the day. Did someone get injured?

bogball88

Will you be able to get a ticket/pay in on the day?

paddyjohn

Belfast GAA man

what do we think for tomorrow?
I think Antrim will be able to push them hard but my fear is they will take over the game in the last 20 minutes as our bench will be very light and inexperienced and they will have more depth but you never know

bogball88

Anyone got a spare ticket?