AISF Aug 23rd Tyrone v Cork

Started by cadhlancian, August 02, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Definetely  the clash I wanted to see!. One great team and another possibly on the brink of greatness. Personally I think this could be a classic, Cork won't have faced this level of intensity at any point, wereas Tyrone probably haven't faced such an atheletic force as cork in a long time, should be a cracker! ;)

SuperDooperCooper

Breaking a habit of a lifetime here.
Can't believe I am writing this - come on da rebels!!
I hope and believe Cork can and will win.
Can't see Tyrone getting eneough ball off them.
I would expect whoever wins this will win it out.
Never thought I would see the dau when Cork have so many scoring options.
Hopefully for Cork's sake Mr. Kennevy will be watching from home.

tyssam5

This will be really interesting. I have feared Cork vs. Tyrone for a while to be honest, even last year going into the final last year I would have been much more worried had it been Cork instead of Kerry. They are the one 'big' team we have not faced in the championship in recent years.

They have a huge size advantage and style of playing that I think will cause us bother, and I was thinking that even before Counihan came in this year and moved them on a fair bit.

Cork will have no fear of Tyrone at this stage in the way they would of Kerry. I guess the one hint of light for Tyrone is that Cork have been known to beat themselves on occasion?

DennistheMenace

It will hardly be a sell-out ? Should be a cracking game, Tyrone have the luxury of being able to lose the midfield battle and still win games.

cadhlancian

Quote from: tyssam5 on August 02, 2009, 07:38:57 PM
This will be really interesting. I have feared Cork vs. Tyrone for a while to be honest, even last year going into the final last year I would have been much more worried had it been Cork instead of Kerry. They are the one 'big' team we have not faced in the championship in recent years.

They have a huge size advantage and style of playing that I think will cause us bother, and I was thinking that even before Counihan came in this year and moved them on a fair bit.

Cork will have no fear of Tyrone at this stage in the way they would of Kerry. I guess the one hint of light for Tyrone is that Cork have been known to beat themselves on occasion?
true, but  Tyrone won't ;) fear Cork either

north down

Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on August 02, 2009, 07:38:23 PM
Breaking a habit of a lifetime here.
Can't believe I am writing this - come on da rebels!!
I hope and believe Cork can and will win.
Can't see Tyrone getting eneough ball off them.
I would expect whoever wins this will win it out.
Never thought I would see the dau when Cork have so many scoring options.
Hopefully for Cork's sake Mr. Kennevy will be watching from home.

Just shows how much Tyrone have got under some Kerry supporters skin.

kickingmule

why the hell would tyrone fear cork? .... did limerick?

tyssam5

Quote from: cadhlancian on August 02, 2009, 07:43:56 PM

true, but  Tyrone won't ;) fear Cork either

Well I do, but in fairness I am not expecting to start this one.

tyroneboi

If todays game showed anything its that when Enda McGinley is missing it leaves a huge void in Tyrones midfield. He has to be fit for the 23rd of August, simple as.

tyronegirl

Yep TYRONE can do it, WELL DONE BOYS  ;D
Tyrone AllIreland Champs 2009    :)

tyssam5

23rd Aug 2009
15:00    Tyrone 8/13 v Cork           7/4

Paddypower has odds up already, not usually so quick on a Sunday. I can't believe Cork are 7/4, I think that is generous in the extreme.

magickingdom

should be a great game, ye tyrone boys will finally get a feel of what we've had to put up with all these years ;) seriously tho its an excellent cork side that has come on a lot and not to be mistaken with the one of the last few years. my dream is for kerry to beat tyrone in the ai but that might be asking a lot on a number of levels. if i were a betting man i'd have to say my money would be on cork to win this one. cant believe pp have cork at 7/4 either tyssam5. todays game wont have helped cork tho

tyronegirl

Interesting to Read how much Tyrone are feared "SuperDooperCooper, 'magickingdom'   ;)

Looking forward to the game tomorrow

Tyrone AllIreland Champs 2009    :)

DennistheMenace

Got a feeling this one will go to extra-time with Tyrone coming out winners, facinating game.

sam03/05

Quote from: tyroneboi on August 02, 2009, 08:22:54 PM
If todays game showed anything its that when Enda McGinley is missing it leaves a huge void in Tyrones midfield. He has to be fit for the 23rd of August, simple as.

agree completly. McGinley is the most important player we have in the middle sector. He simply must start the semi final and be up to full pace if Tyrone are to have any chance. Also think its time to start with Brian McGuigan at CHF