Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Fintona man be as keen as mustard.Got knocked back when he went for job in Fintona.

Double D

Quote from: skeog on January 16, 2019, 07:57:18 PM
Fintona man be as keen as mustard.Got knocked back when he went for job in Fintona.

Eskra must be desperate and broke... Last years manager must have near bankrupt them.

drgeorge

Quote from: Double D on January 16, 2019, 08:27:36 PM
Quote from: skeog on January 16, 2019, 07:57:18 PM

Eskra must be desperate and broke... Last years manager must have near bankrupt them.

Seemingly turned down by a few regards ££££s

ANON2018

Quote from: drgeorge on January 15, 2019, 10:40:42 PM
From what I heard he priced himself out of it.

(Gary O'Neill) I also heard he was looking too Much ££!!

LeoMc

Ach isn't it great to see all the new accounts on making allegations about named individuals.

HINT: To stay anon you probably should not leave your email visible

Maor Uisce

I notice Louth have adopted the Kerry model regarding an All County championship with intermediate and junior teams combining. It was discussed on joe.ie gas hour at length. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Has anyone a definitive list of clubs and managers at this stage? Are many Tyrone clubs entering the Ulster league? I see the format has been rejigged to guarantee all teams at least 4 games.

ANON2018

Quote from: LeoMc on January 17, 2019, 10:23:28 AM
Ach isn't it great to see all the new accounts on making allegations about named individuals.

HINT: To stay anon you probably should not leave your email visible

Thanks for the Hint.
Also not an allegation, more of a statement. Just not a fan of the manager money merry-go-round.

W.A.G. Lover

Quote from: Maor Uisce on January 17, 2019, 10:39:33 AM
I notice Louth have adopted the Kerry model regarding an All County championship with intermediate and junior teams combining. It was discussed on joe.ie gas hour at length. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Has anyone a definitive list of clubs and managers at this stage? Are many Tyrone clubs entering the Ulster league? I see the format has been rejigged to guarantee all teams at least 4 games.

Where can you find the Ulster League format/fixtures?

Maor Uisce

i don't think it is up officially yet. Just heard chat that the format has been altered to allow all teams a knockout game. I'm assuming top 2 in each group go forward and possibly a shield or secondary knockout stage for bottom 2 in each group. I could be wrong.

Maor Uisce

All ulster league groups and fixtures up on ulster GAA websites. Strabane , Mooretown and Gortin are all in different groups in the intermediate section. Always surprised at how few clubs use this comp. officially organised and refereed games readily available without the hassle of ringing around looking challenge games and organising a referee etc.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Maor Uisce on January 21, 2019, 09:37:32 AM
All ulster league groups and fixtures up on ulster GAA websites. Strabane , Mooretown and Gortin are all in different groups in the intermediate section. Always surprised at how few clubs use this comp. officially organised and refereed games readily available without the hassle of ringing around looking challenge games and organising a referee etc.

Fully agree - It's a great comp, played in it a few times but managers at present seem focused on the S+C aspect of February, rather than games and some like to keep their gameplans away from prying eyes so they drag lads to the furthest places they can for challenge games.

toby47

Quote from: Maor Uisce on January 21, 2019, 09:37:32 AM

Very easy to organise friendlies this time of year as every club is wanting them. Also there is an entry fee in the Ulster league not to mention away games to Donegal & Cavan teams aren't ideal when you could organise a game far closer to home. I think this has been the main factor in teams not entering it.

Maor Uisce

I've played in it many times myself. I think the furthest journey we had was to newry. Always decent craic on a spin to games. The fee is minimal and a club wouldnt be long running up a bigger bill paying refs and possibly booking pitches for half way venues etc. In terms of focusing on conditioning and fitness a good manager would have their team putting in the work despite games as it is only a pre season comp. Games are key to fitness anyway.

Tyrone95

Sunday 27th   U.21 Round 1 at 2.30pm

Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa V BYE

Dungannon Thomas Clarkes V Eglish St Patrick's

Galbally Pearses V Killeeshil St Mary's

Dromore St Dympna's V BYE

Carrickmore St Colmcille's V Killyclogher St Mary's

Omagh St Enda's V Errigal Ciaran

Killyman St Mary's V BYE

Cookstown Fr Rocks V Coalisland Fianna

Moy Tír na nÓg V Clonoe O'Rahilly's

Derrylaughan Kevin Barry's V Rock St Patrick's

Aghyaran St Davog's V Loughmacrory St Teresa's

Drumragh Sarsfields V Greencastle St Patrick's

Beragh Red Knights V Kildress Wolfe Tones

Fixtures for the upcoming under 21 competition. Not sure what the grading is this year as all fixtures are released as one on Tyrone website.  I think Carmen won the double at this age-group in minors and probably wont be far away again.  You would fancy a lot of teams to be pushing hard as a stepping stone for the upcoming season.

GetOverTheBar

Killyman/Drumragh/Beragh caught my eye here. Fair play to them for entering. Noticeable a lot of bigger clubs missing here - lack of interest? Numbers?