Westminster Election 12th December 2019

Started by Ambrose, October 29, 2019, 02:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

five points

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 31, 2019, 05:24:36 PM
Quote from: five points on October 31, 2019, 05:17:57 PM
The NI public finances are bust already. Building a whole new set of schools would be ruinous.

Decrease funding to the CCMS, increase funding to the integrated sector. Same amount of money.

And buy or confiscate the existing building stock?

seafoid

Many Unionists would probably get on with a lot of middle class Dubs. The differences are not necessarily as big as people think.
Not so sure about wee Loyalists.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

screenexile

Trump going on Farage's show to slate Corbyn and tell everyone how great Boris is . . . I'm pretty sure this is playing right into Corbyn's hands!!!

Trump doesn't have the same pull in the UK as he has in the midwest.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: five points on October 31, 2019, 05:27:43 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 31, 2019, 05:25:51 PM
No mention of bigoted republican politicians.

Such as...?

That a serious question?

Yes. Go right ahead. Name one bigoted Republican politician from a major political party ...

five points

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 31, 2019, 05:58:33 PM

Such as...?

That a serious question?

Yes. Go right ahead. Name one bigoted Republican politician from a major political party ...

I will in my nelly expose myself to the libel laws. You can do your own research. It ain't hard.

delgany

Quote from: five points on October 31, 2019, 05:27:10 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 31, 2019, 05:24:36 PM
The NI public finances are bust already. Building a whole new set of schools would be ruinous.

Decrease funding to the CCMS, increase funding to the integrated sector. Same amount of money.

And buy or confiscate the existing building stock?

The significant majority of catholic maintained (CCMS) schools are over 60 years old , falling apart , in desperate need of modernisation , so not worth buying or confiscating ( of the church ,who technical own the land and buildings)

They were subject to years of neglect by the Education Authorities at all levels.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: five points on October 31, 2019, 06:19:31 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on October 31, 2019, 05:58:33 PM

Such as...?

That a serious question?

I will in my nelly expose myself to the libel laws. You can do your own research. It ain't hard.

Ha! Good excuse with the libel thing, terrible follow-up by asking me to back up your argument for you.

I accept your concession of the point. Unionist politicians are far more bigoted than republicans/nationalists.

five points

Quote from: Eamonnca1
Ha! Good excuse with the libel thing, terrible follow-up by asking me to back up your argument for you.

I accept your concession of the point. Unionist politicians are far more bigoted than republicans/nationalists.

So you accept there are bigoted republican politicians. Which means your barb about my exposure to the libel laws is moot.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: five points on October 31, 2019, 09:54:16 PM

So you accept there are bigoted republican politicians. Which means your barb about my exposure to the libel laws is moot.

Name one.

five points

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 01, 2019, 03:47:49 AM

Name one.

Not for you I most definitely won't.

trileacman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 01, 2019, 03:47:49 AM

Name one.

Anderson
Flanagan
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

imtommygunn

There are bigots on both sides. It's very blinkered, and naive,  to think otherwise.

seafoid

It will be interesting to see how the SDLP get on. SF's abstentionism may be fine for business as usual but there is too much important stuff happening now to justify it.
Say the Tories win the election. There is going to be a customs border between NI and GB. That will increase grocery prices in Andersonstown.
Austerity has hammered Creggan. Brexit will mean even more austerity.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU