Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 7731131 times)

DoYerJob Linesman

• Up The Shamrocks!
    • View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2006, 09:43:05 AM »
Hi folks, haven't been posting recently, the nerves before the big game are inhibiting my ability to type (hands are trembling).  Really looking forward to tomorrow now!  Our last two games with Mayobrige were belters, but as long as we win tomorrow, I don't care if it s the worst game in history!  We have seriuous injury concerns, but the lads are looking forward to it.  Whichever team gets the break of the ball tomorrow will have a great chance.

Also, all the best to Kevin Lynches tomorrow.  I'm not a great hurling man, but I'd like to see you do it (to annoy the lavey men!)  :P
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2006, 10:50:28 AM »
Who's injured???

drumanee

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2006, 01:04:41 PM »
hi lads just signed in and just doing a test

Cromagh

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2006, 02:52:27 PM »
Hi everyone. Just logged in. All the best to Ballinderry tomorrow. Drumanee hows the form aul boy? Hope your working hard today...may TV's sold :P

Carmen Stateside

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2006, 07:56:50 PM »
Sorry bought that Lynchie :-\
He would be some addition alright!!! Wish yous all the best Sunday!! :)

DoYerJob Linesman

• Up The Shamrocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2006, 09:24:44 PM »
Just checking if my crest is included.

Blacksheep

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2006, 10:51:37 PM »
It is.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

OakLeaf

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2006, 11:09:31 PM »
Screenxile, I'm far from convinced about Moran. I'll grant you he was under a lot of pressure a couple of years back but I've seen him play quite a bit this year and he hasn't looked anywhere close to county material. I hope he proves me wrong but I'd be surprised.

thebuzz

• View Profile
Ballinderry
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2006, 04:55:59 PM »
Congratulations to Ballinderry. Couldn't make it today. Were they brilliant or did it all just go wrong for Mayobridge?

derrygac

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2006, 07:46:52 PM »
Great result for Ballinderr today at Maghera

DoYerJob Linesman

• Up The Shamrocks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2006, 09:25:49 PM »
Absolutely delighted with the result today, just wish we'd got a cup at the end! Unfortunately, Errigal await, and they are some challenge.  Todays game flattered us big time.  Although Mayobridge were a huge disappointment, the sending off killed the game as a contest.  They were never going to get the goal they needed with Niall, Kevin and Ronan all in front of the goal.

It must have been shit for the neutrals, as everyone was looking forward to a good game.  All right for us, I've had enough heart attacks this year to last a while.

What happened to Benny? Still concussed from the Aussies maybe!

Finally, Shady, loved your predictions on the Ulster Club thread.  :o

Mac hinery

• Vintage Mac Hinery
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2006, 11:24:49 PM »
Disappointment for Kevin Lynchs today, after a great start and taking a 5 - 2  lead, Geoffrey had a chance to put 6 points between the teams but a kicked effort went just wide and shortly after a mistake in the full back line let Cushendall in for a goal.  worse followed before half time when Liam Og Hinphey had to be replaced after pulling up with what looked like a hamstring injury.  Cushendall played the better hurling and missed very few chances for points from dead ball and from play.  JD in nets did manage to keep the score and Cushendall within some sight with some good saves including a stop from a clinker of a shot from Jackie Carson on as a sub but it was clear 5 minutes into the second half that Dungiven were in diffs.  A late goal about 5 minutes from time put a better look on the score line.  It wasn't to be for a Derry side this year either but only playing for 15 minutes in the first half and the last 10 minutes of the second, losing one of the best players in Ulster and missing the score that would have left a 6 point gap Dungiven can reflect on what might have been.  Cushendall will be happy with the result in their centenary year but will need to improve for whats ahead of them.

Hard luck also to Drum but Coleraine and Ballinderry are still keeping things alive for Derry after today well doen and good luck to them.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 11:27:39 PM by Mac hinery »

leaverin

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2006, 10:30:38 AM »
Testing

unbelievable scoreline for Ballinderry.
taped errigal ciaran on tg4 and watched last night.
nothing to fear there
ulster final beckons

Well done Coleraine also.

lynchbhoy

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2006, 10:50:17 AM »
Cushendall 1-15 Kevin Lynch's 1-7
Cushendall deserving winners in a somewhat flattering scoreline, but they were obviously the better side.
KL started brightly and went 4 points to 1 up.
After that though they seemed to get stage fright and Cushendall came roaring back.
I had forgotten about the chance Geoffrey had, not often he misses with that left foot !
Losing Liam Hinphey before half time ruined any chances KL had.

Overall, cushendall were the better more skilful side.
KL are young and need to brush up on their first touch and skills before they can compete at the same level - although if they use physicality they can possibly win without looking beautiful.
That physical came wasnt used yesterday and KL found it that wee bit harder to compete.

IMO there were 5 points that I would think are disputable - frees gifted to Cushendall - who didnt need the help!
Ref was poor, and he was lucky that there were no flashpoints and it was a free flowing enough game.

I can imagine if he was in charge the previous week, both sides would have ended up with just the keepers playing.

More interested in booking guys for questioning his decisions than knowing the actual rules.
This guy cannot be high in the Down refereeing charts ?

MaChinery- are you not from north of the Glensahne pass?

Did you see my mug in last weeks mid ulster observer - so I was told by all and sundry yesterday!

I was also interviewed by the Irish news when leaving the game for my views on the current Anrim hurling manager debacle.
I thought it was odd that a man wearing the KL top would be asked such questions, but never a man to be quiet with his opinions- I gave them !

Derry Daisy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2006, 11:12:02 AM »
Was at the Ballinderry match yesterday and was very disappointed with Mayobridge.  It must have been a terrible drive home for them and their supporters.  But all credit to ballinderry they were pretty damn good.  I was expecting a good tight game but Ballinderry were just better in every position, I wouldn't know a lot about Mayobridge to know did they just not perform on the day or are they just not good enough (maybe some of you more experienced posters could enlighten me  :P) I thought Kevin McGuckin was very good, especially with 8 stitches in his hand.  Makes you wonder why Derry have not a very successful county team when the clubs are producing teams of this calibre.

On another note, I heard it filtering through the stand that Aidan McAlynn was refereeing the Cargin match and played 12 minutes extra time when it should only have been 9, brings back a few memories  >:(