Is Derry Board Out Of Control?

Started by Fear Bun Na Sceilpe, October 01, 2010, 10:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 02, 2010, 08:01:19 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 01, 2010, 10:59:40 PM
Is Derry GAA in disarray?
I am not sure but I get a feeling this year that just too much seems disorganised, there is a lot more controversy around and that grassroots members are turning their backs on the association because of perceived corruption and general skulduggery.
Continuous reports of referees not showing up, fixtures postponed over and over, red cards rescinded etc. The CCC are almost Mafia Like.
Football continues to decline in quality and hurling is without a doubt under attack from board.
I liken the Derry GAA scene to the unfortunate economic scene in The Republic. The South lost the run of itself and have ended up forgetting about that which made it admired worldwide. The Derry Gaa have forgotten the basic values of the association and if we are not careful we could implode!

Didn't realise that Munster has an Independent economy.
presumably you never refer to 'the north' or use the term 'nordies' etc
and if you do - are you referring to Donegal or even Antrim ?

bottom line - dont be silly chap !!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 03, 2010, 11:38:51 AM
I am not sure but I get a feeling this year that just too much seems disorganised, there is a lot more controversy around and that grassroots members are turning their backs on the association because of perceived corruption and general skulduggery.
Continuous reports of referees not showing up, fixtures postponed over and over, red cards rescinded etc. The CCC are almost Mafia Like.
Football continues to decline in quality and hurling is without a doubt under attack from board.
I liken the Derry GAA scene to the unfortunate economic scene in The Republic. The South lost the run of itself and have ended up forgetting about that which made it admired worldwide. The Derry Gaa have forgotten the basic values of the association and if we are not careful we could implode!

Well Lynchboy I call I usually use the provincial names, or North and Republic. Anways I was in fierce bad form the last two days, so I apologise for being so pedantic. When people call the Republic the South it really grinds my gears.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 03, 2010, 12:29:40 PM

Well Lynchboy I call I usually use the provincial names, or North and Republic. Anways I was in fierce bad form the last two days, so I apologise for being so pedantic. When people call the Republic the South it really grinds my gears.
When I first read your response I thought this guy is just bored and having a wee jab to dull the boredom.But now that you have confirmed that the use of the word South in the context used really "grinds your gears" i am thinking you are just a tad sad.

isourboydownyet

and another thing,why to hell can derry never have there results in mondays irish news like any other county?this is a common occurrence and questions have to be asked especially when we are paying someone full time to do this basic task!!!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on October 03, 2010, 12:29:40 PM

well I prefer calling it the south  - as this indicated its part of the same country - unlike calling it the 'republic' or 'free state' which to me are terms of 'marginalisation' !

anyhow - I live in 'the south' - or Dublin as I usually call it !!

Squareball71

Quote from: isourboydownyet on October 04, 2010, 09:47:16 AM
and another thing,why to hell can derry never have there results in mondays irish news like any other county?this is a common occurrence and questions have to be asked especially when we are paying someone full time to do this basic task!!!

Please don't tell me we are paying our PRO now ??? ??? ??? ???

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Squareball71 on October 04, 2010, 10:45:55 AM

no!our full time secretary is responsible for putting results in the media

Squareball71

Quote from: isourboydownyet on October 04, 2010, 10:50:05 AM

Shows how much you know. We don't even have a full time secretary.

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Squareball71 on October 04, 2010, 11:12:16 AM

from the derry official web site,Secretary Noeleen Curran (Non voting)

seems you dont know to much yourself!

Squareball71

Quote from: isourboydownyet on October 04, 2010, 11:54:20 AM

Secretary of CCC, not the County Board...  What has CCC got to do with the press??

It is the PRO who deals with everything relating to the press!!!!!!!!!

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Squareball71 on October 04, 2010, 02:57:42 PM

Secretary of CCC, not the County Board... d**khead... WTF has CCC got to do with the press??

whats that all about,are you related?

i didnt say if it was the county board,i said we have a full time secretary and if you knew your facts which you dont seem to you would know that she is responsible for results going into the paper so going down the road of petty name calling as part of your argument reflects more on you and the strength of your argument

Squareball71

Quote from: isourboydownyet on October 04, 2010, 03:37:02 PM
Quote from: Squareball71 on October 04, 2010, 02:57:42 PM

Secretary of CCC, not the County Board... d**khead... WTF has CCC got to do with the press??

whats that all about,are you related?

i didnt say if it was the county board,i said we have a full time secretary and if you knew your facts which you dont seem to you would know that she is responsible for results going into the paper so going down the road of petty name calling as part of your argument reflects more on you and the strength of your argument

Right, first of all... apologies for the name calling.. out of order... wet day inside with young children, but no excuse

Surely though when we read a club section in the local papers from all the clubs this is sent in by the club PRO... no?? that is the PRO's job. Surely the same applies to County. All connection with media, T.V, papers, magazines, website's etc. is done solely by the PRO so there is nothing duplicated or different things sent out by 2 different sources. This has to make common sense and leaves nothing sent to press open for scrutiny or blame.

Again apologies for earlier and i have removed it.

Squareball71

And no,no,no.... def. not related.... Thank God  :o

isourboydownyet

no problem apology accepted

yes in normal circumstances the pro deals with all media work but in derry we have a system in place where after each game the ref texts the score to a system within owenbeg where all scores are recorded on computer and as we have a full time secretary it was thought it would be much easier for that person to forward the email with the scores to the media.

but we are getting away from the point,no matter who is responsible it's not a big ask to be able to lift a paper on monday morning and read the results within the county.

sheamy

Ourboy, have you written to the people concerned? Sounds like you have a point to me. not sure message boards best place to find out what you want to know. Let us know the craic when you find out.

Even better if you go on to the Derry website results section and click on the subscribe link (http://gaa_results.sportsmanager.ie/) you'll get the results emailed to you automatically. Save yerself the price of the auld paper. They're full of shite anyway.