Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brocky

Quote from: Minder on April 01, 2016, 08:22:27 AM
Quote from: Brocky on April 01, 2016, 08:21:51 AM
Is this Cushendall missing money an April fools?

No it isn't

That's bad stuff. In a small community this is going to be hard to deal with. Unfortunately with club finances there are not enough checks and balances and too much left to trust.

paddyjohn

Spent a few days down there over Easter weekend with family, a parish in shock.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Brocky on April 01, 2016, 09:10:04 AM
Quote from: Minder on April 01, 2016, 08:22:27 AM
Quote from: Brocky on April 01, 2016, 08:21:51 AM
Is this Cushendall missing money an April fools?

No it isn't

That's bad stuff. In a small community this is going to be hard to deal with. Unfortunately with club finances there are not enough checks and balances and too much left to trust.

Look not too many people put their hands up to do these jobs in the first place, and generally it's not an area of their expertise when someone takes the role... it's not a professional body, these things happen
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

i was hoping that was an april fool story.

the money involved sounds too ridiculous to go un-noticed. i find it incredible that it wouldnt be noticed at an agm in a treasurers report
hurl like f**k boi!

MoChara

I've often thought that with different non-professional organisations I've been party too that Money and Finance should always have more than one non-related (as much as possible) person in charge of it and it only be through joint consent that funds can be released, keeps things honest and provides another check before any mishaps or mistakes.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: MoChara on April 01, 2016, 09:24:03 AM
I've often thought that with different non-professional organisations I've been party too that Money and Finance should always have more than one non-related (as much as possible) person in charge of it and it only be through joint consent that funds can be released, keeps things honest and provides another check before any mishaps or mistakes.

As I said earlier, trying to get one person to take up a demanding role within a club is difficult, getting two is near impossible...

Usually most clubs do have a treasurers assistant, but his role is usually lotto tickets, getting the money out of the machines or other lesser roles, so that the treasurer can concentrate on the bigger roles
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Is this true
Like Imm hearing six figure sums
It's hard to believe
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Brocky

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 01, 2016, 09:50:53 AM
Quote from: MoChara on April 01, 2016, 09:24:03 AM

As I said earlier, trying to get one person to take up a demanding role within a club is difficult, getting two is near impossible...

Usually most clubs do have a treasurers assistant, but his role is usually lotto tickets, getting the money out of the machines or other lesser roles, so that the treasurer can concentrate on the bigger roles

Theres no doubt this is true, and therefore there is an awful lot of trust involved when it comes to handling cash.
There are endless times in a club when there is quite a lot of uncounted cash passing through peoples hands - it only takes a person who is in need to help themselves.

Saffrongael

Unfortunately this wasn't "mistakes" or "mishaps" or anyone being overworked
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

north_antrim_hound

http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2016/04/01/news/cushendall-gaa-club-probes-missing-100-000-claims-470565/

Looks like someone has been skimming for a prolonged period
Someone told me it was one hit
So that makes more sense
Poor fair all the same

Saffrongael

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 01, 2016, 10:17:59 AM
http://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2016/04/01/news/cushendall-gaa-club-probes-missing-100-000-claims-470565/

Looks like someone has been skimming for a prolonged period
Someone told me it was one hit
So that makes more sense
Poor fair all the same

It wasn't one hit as far as I know, was over a prolonged period
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Dualta Duane

Quote from: Dunloy realist on April 01, 2016, 09:23:23 AM
i was hoping that was an april fool story.

the money involved sounds too ridiculous to go un-noticed. i find it incredible that it wouldnt be noticed at an agm in a treasurers report

very bad taste from the Irish News if it's an April Fools story - doubt it is though.

Brocky

No matter whose to blame if its a person or persons, I hope the Cushendall club handle it with great care and sensitivity.  These people have families who will be affected by it and in a small closely knit community it will be devastating for them.
No doubt the guilty parties will need dealt with, but there could be underlying issues and at a time of great stress people do not think clearly. Maybe sometimes we are too quick to jump to conclusions.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Brocky on April 01, 2016, 11:01:27 AM
No matter whose to blame if its a person or persons, I hope the Cushendall club handle it with great care and sensitivity.  These people have families who will be affected by it and in a small closely knit community it will be devastating for them.
No doubt the guilty parties will need dealt with, but there could be underlying issues and at a time of great stress people do not think clearly. Maybe sometimes we are too quick to jump to conclusions.
[/b

This board doesn't do balanced perspective
We are here to have a pop when the urge takes us
Refs are first on the hit list ( exept for rather touchy ones from Belfast ) then we work our way down
From there
You need to be squeaky clean to avoid our wrath
But we all love our hurling
Welcome to the board Brocky

Brocky

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 01, 2016, 11:13:11 AM
Quote from: Brocky on April 01, 2016, 11:01:27 AM
[/b

This board doesn't do balanced perspective
We are here to have a pop when the urge takes us
Refs are first on the hit list ( exept for rather touchy ones from Belfast ) then we work our way down
From there
You need to be squeaky clean to avoid our wrath
But we all love our hurling
Welcome to the board Brocky

Ive realised that much, I can do that too at times. not much black or white on here, its all grey.
I just trust that the Cushendall club dont act like the posters on here then.