Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 3832871 times)

hurlingstick

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #37410 on: December 13, 2017, 04:37:29 PM »
I thought he was still very active at club level and was on a panel
That organises Referees snd allocates games
You still refereeing MR2 ??!Cunning from Dunloy doing very well

Still doing a bit, wouldnt be doing a lot of games to be fair, less than 30 last season, not able to committ to as much.. wasnt sure Owen was on the panel for the weekly games, possibly the championship games? would he be an assessor?

Colum doing great, did the line for him in the semi final this year, very professional and a very good style of refereeing, could go very far on the national stage, lot of playing experience coming through while ref'ing

other good ref's out there also that have done well and will hopefully if they are keen push on for a national refereeing step up

Owen Elliott did referee some senior hurling games this year. I remember one in particular were he said to a player who was claiming a free ....

"It's not my fault your 1st touch is so bad"

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #37411 on: December 13, 2017, 05:21:47 PM »
Reasonable enough comment, probably.  When I was reffing a bit, we had to put up with 60 minutes of non stop yapping & dog's abuse, but you weren't allowed to open your mouth back. Mind you, a well placed one liner usually kept them quiet, for a while.

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #37412 on: December 13, 2017, 05:59:33 PM »
Reasonable enough comment, probably.  When I was reffing a bit, we had to put up with 60 minutes of non stop yapping & dog's abuse, but you weren't allowed to open your mouth back. Mind you, a well placed one liner usually kept them quiet, for a while.

I did a bit of reffing myself, used to love the one liners! Never anything really cheeky or severe just enough to let them know i could bite back.

We are blessed with good refs in the county in both football and hurling. Cunning is likely top of the pile along with Mark ONeill. I watched a few games that McCotter from Sarsfields did, very good also. 

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37413 on: December 13, 2017, 11:28:20 PM »
Sure players know the rules inside out! They never make mistakes or foul but best of all the managers and keyboard warriors know it all ;D

Id a player give off to me the whole game, his team was getting stuffed and he questioned every call by me! Possibly 20 points in it but it was my fault! I said to him if hed concentrate on marking his man put in an honest shift and defend  without fouling they would have only lost by 15!

Finton Mark Colum All goodins, County have plenty of dedicated lads, no shortage it seems of people willing to put something back into the county, rather than bad mouthing all the time on discussion boards
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #37414 on: December 14, 2017, 12:58:02 PM »
Sure players know the rules inside out! They never make mistakes or foul but best of all the managers and keyboard warriors know it all ;D

Id a player give off to me the whole game, his team was getting stuffed and he questioned every call by me! Possibly 20 points in it but it was my fault! I said to him if hed concentrate on marking his man put in an honest shift and defend  without fouling they would have only lost by 15!

Finton Mark Colum All goodins, County have plenty of dedicated lads, no shortage it seems of people willing to put something back into the county, rather than bad mouthing all the time on discussion boards

An opinion is like an asshole, everybody has one and no matter where you go you'll find them.   ;)

Sure that is the beauty of the GAA, we all have our part to play, no matter how small both for club and county. 

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #37415 on: December 14, 2017, 01:17:37 PM »
Dont beat yourself up too much, your opinions matter ;)
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #37416 on: December 14, 2017, 01:42:04 PM »
Id a player give off to me the whole game, his team was getting stuffed and he questioned every call by me! Possibly 20 points in it but it was my fault!

That was a bit like you, in your pomp. You never kept quiet the whole time. Poacher turned gamekeeper!

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #37417 on: December 14, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »
Id a player give off to me the whole game, his team was getting stuffed and he questioned every call by me! Possibly 20 points in it but it was my fault!

That was a bit like you, in your pomp. You never kept quiet the whole time. Poacher turned gamekeeper!

Lol!! possibly guilty  8)

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #37418 on: December 14, 2017, 02:28:05 PM »
Just say it......."guilty"!!

ashman

• View Profile
« Reply #37419 on: December 19, 2017, 11:17:52 PM »
Folks

Does anyone have the O Donovan Rossa line out from the 1989 club final ??

Or a link ?

Thanks

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #37420 on: December 20, 2017, 08:37:13 AM »
thats the scorers from that final
C Barr 0-5, N Murray 0-2 (2f), J Reilly 0-1, C Murphy 0-1, P Rogan 0-1, D Armstrong 0-1, A Murray 0-1 (1f)
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #37421 on: December 20, 2017, 12:58:01 PM »
thats the scorers from that final
C Barr 0-5, N Murray 0-2 (2f), J Reilly 0-1, C Murphy 0-1, P Rogan 0-1, D Armstrong 0-1, A Murray 0-1 (1f)

Buffers had some auld boy that took them apart! in fairness he was a tasty hurler back in the day thon Tony.. it was one that Rossa could have won

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #37422 on: December 20, 2017, 03:19:33 PM »
that was a good Rossa team then, they prob should have won the All Ireland that year. When you looked at them on paper they were strong all over the pitch, all big physical men who were good hurlers.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #37423 on: December 20, 2017, 06:01:20 PM »
Tony Doran wasnt it played poocher for Buffersalley
Its a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #37424 on: December 20, 2017, 06:55:26 PM »
Paddy Quinn
Gerard Rogan
Damien Murray
Mark Reynolds
Adrian Murray
Brian Gormley
Sean Collins
Jim Close
Jim Fegan
Donal Armstrong
Ciaran Barr
Paul Ward
Noco Murray
Jim Reilly
Collie Murphy

I'm pretty sure I've some wrong there but that wouldn't be too far off.