Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tierworker blue

Where is Tierworker??
[/quote]

Tierworker (or Teevurcher on your maps!) is a wee spot near b'boro...half in cavan, half in meath. traditionally most tierworker people play for the shamrocks, although the odd one has been known to play for kilmainhamwood (technically the parish team...it's a split parish)  or moynalty...depends on what national school you ended up at i suppose...the border zigs in and out like nobody's business! we used to have a team of our own waaaaay back in the day apparently (tierworker st. patricks) but it's so long ago that nobody remembers it.

cavan4sam

What about my predictions lads, I didn't do too bad!!

Knockbride 1-08 Ballinagh 1-12
Gowna 0-16 Ramor 1-16 AET
Beturbet 0-10 Lacken 1-12

Just to clear thongs up for brick, I'm from Castlerahan, have stated so in the past.

By the way I think Knockbride are doomed now.

mylestheslasher

Results from the weekend...

Senior
Gowna 0-16 Ramor 1-16
Belturbet 0-10 Lacken 1-12

Intermediate
Cootehill 2-09 Laragh 1-08
Killeshandra 2-12 Swad 0-07  :)
Drumalee 1-06 Ballymachugh 1-07

Junior
Cornafean 2-09 Mountnugent 2-11
B'Bridge 1-12 Corlough 2-02
Kildallon 1-13 Maghera 1-07

Good win for our lads and a decent chance of going further against Ballymachugh. Very suprised Drumalee were beaten there. What happen Boojangles? Looks like the end of an era for Gowna too.

Homer

Conditions could only be blamed so much as overall it was a poor performance by both sides. Knockbride starting the better clocked up a 1-04 to 0-01 lead after 20 mins. Ballinagh eventually got going and probably played the more dominant part for the rest of the game. Having said that Ballinagh were very fortunate to get the last-gasp free to tie the match and just did enough in extra-time to come up with the goods.

While it wasn't a great performance from our lot, I felt the defence, especially the full-back line gave a solid account of themselves despite the poor relief given to them by there colleagues up front. To be fair to Ballinagh this was the type of game that a little over a year ago would have saw them choke out of the championship once again so it's good to see some grit in the team even if it wasn't pretty.

A very workmanlike and comprehensive victory for Lacken who obliterated the Rories in the first-half. Raymond Galligan caused havoc at full-forward and produced some excellent scores his decision making at times is questionable and if Lacken are to cause real damage this year he will need to learn to take the safe option. Belturbet seemed lost without Rory Donohoe and only managed to put a good look on the scoreline when the game was long over.

Denn Forever

Was at the Belturbet/Lacken game and Belturbet were not at the races.  Heard someone say that the Lacken fullback playing on Jason Reilly was a minor.  Don't have a program so don't know who he was but didn't look out of place during the game.

Very poor football.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Homer on August 11, 2008, 05:34:31 PM

Conditions could only be blamed so much as overall it was a poor performance by both sides. Knockbride starting the better clocked up a 1-04 to 0-01 lead after 20 mins. Ballinagh eventually got going and probably played the more dominant part for the rest of the game. Having said that Ballinagh were very fortunate to get the last-gasp free to tie the match and just did enough in extra-time to come up with the goods.

While it wasn't a great performance from our lot, I felt the defence, especially the full-back line gave a solid account of themselves despite the poor relief given to them by there colleagues up front. To be fair to Ballinagh this was the type of game that a little over a year ago would have saw them choke out of the championship once again so it's good to see some grit in the team even if it wasn't pretty.

A very workmanlike and comprehensive victory for Lacken who obliterated the Rories in the first-half. Raymond Galligan caused havoc at full-forward and produced some excellent scores his decision making at times is questionable and if Lacken are to cause real damage this year he will need to learn to take the safe option. Belturbet seemed lost without Rory Donohoe and only managed to put a good look on the scoreline when the game was long over.

Homer - was Tierney playing for Knockbride? How did he play - I heard he was back on form.

BallyhaiseMan

i hear Anthony Gaynor was back and made a big impact when he came on against Knockbride.

Anyone seen any players that they reckon could make the step up to inter county then, in this years Club Championship,

Il keep my mouth shut though,Hopefully it might stop the Ramor Tool  from posting for a while  ;D

Lawrence of Knockbride

Jayus lads, I disappear for a few weeks holidays and it's mayhem on here. Poor ould Myles is being slated for stating what I thought was common knowledge around the county. There is of course the whole thing of the mask of the internet boards but I think it's a bit rich of anyone to bring that up on here following what has been said recently about many people, not least poor old Mr. Keoghan. Hollow Man's posts are at best funny but I won't lend any more time to such drivel*. Tierney is indeed back and playing well but I missed his latest outing. Is it the end of an era for Gowna? That's them facing a relegation battle isn't it? I must get a few games in this weekend to get back up to scratch with the club scene as this poster stands by his previous statement about attending County Games (Hollow Man could you check the archives for me on this one) if the very honourable, salt of the earth Mr. King is elevated to the greatest job of them all.

*I note that I do indeed mention his Hollowness again in this post.

boojangles

Good win for our lads and a decent chance of going further against Ballymachugh. Very suprised Drumalee were beaten there. What happen Boojangles? Looks like the end of an era for Gowna too.

[/quote]Still cant really talk about it Myles.Sick isnt a strong enough word.But as I said after the Ballyhaise
game there are a few problems(which I wont b getting in to) that will not b sorted this year in the club.We have some fine footballers but some lads just dont want it enough at the moment.
Weshould have won Sunday but we couldnt put Ballymachugh away and we got nailed with a terrible goal in the last minute.Yours truly had a difficult chance to equalise but the goalie palmed it off the bar.We scored from the rebound but the referee had blown his whistle with the ball still in the box but anyway.I doubt he wanted Extra-time.Fair play to Ballymachugh they never gave up but to b
honestI doubt they will beat Killeshandra.

Hollow Man

Everyone just CALM DOWN ok?

Boojangles, hard luck against Ballymachugh. We know all about the bad times, I'm sure Drumalee will bounce back. You would want to be careful you stay up though.

I was disappointed with Gowna, I felt we could have beaten them more comfortably, we got a wee bit nervous (including myself) and let them back when we should have had it won in normal time.

Still, nice to get a win after the disappointment of losing the first round.

Ballyhaise, let's make up. Please don't call me a tool, it hurts my feelings and we know I'm really soft from watching what Anglocelt curiously calls "Orpah" (I think I know what he's on about, it's a show on that new fangled 'television' yoke, isn't that right Mr Anglocelt? Don't spit out your Werthers Original now, and please don't try to be smart and end up looking stupid again).

boojangles

We would wanna b very careful we stay up.No team is too good to b relegated as we found out last year.
Hollow whats the story with Shane Cole? Was speaking to him and Gary McNamee a few weeks ago but didnt get a proper chat with Cole.I havent sen him mentioned with Ramor since he came home.

Hollow Man

Cole is just back from injury. He was in Australia for a year there but he's home now and if we could get him to tune in and put the head down he'd be a good addition, I'm sure he'll make an appearance this summer yet.

The forwards are playing well enough now though so we're not too badly stuck.

Gary McNamee was in London for a while, hasn't much interest. The brother is playing very well actually.

boojangles

Cole is the most laid back fella I know which doesnt help him when it comes to the Football but the lad has serious talent.Eamon Coleman thought alot of him but the lad is a bit too fond of the good life.But he would b a serious addition if yas get him back playing the way he can.
Gary McNamee has been in Liverpool for a few years,he was playing with John Mitchells over there I believe but football has become only a social thing at this stage for him I think.A shame too because he was a fine footballer too.Great cutting in him.

mylestheslasher

Leaguers had a good win against Ballymachugh last night winning by 5 points. Seem to be coming back into a bit of form at the right time.

BallyhaiseMan

Most games were wash outs

Killdallon beat Mountnugent in the JFC 1-13 to 1-11 i think it was.