Donnelly Installed as Minor Manager

Started by ziggysego, October 19, 2010, 09:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

The Tyrone County Board would like to confirm that following a meeting of the County Committee tonight in Carrickmore, Michael Donnelly from Aghaloo has been appointed as the new Tyrone Minor Football manager.

He will be assisted by Kieran McHugh from Aghyaran.  Both men have worked together in recent years with the Tyrone Development Squads.

Raymond Munroe and Cathal McAnenly were also appointed at the meeting to the role of U21 Football Management.  Both management teams will now begin a two year term in the posts.

Sourced TyroneGAA.ie
Testing Accessibility

Club Rossa

Congratulations to Mickey Donnelly on his appointment,good man for the job.

Tommo2

Quote from: Club Rossa on October 20, 2010, 11:53:24 AM
Congratulations to Mickey Donnelly on his appointment,good man for the job.

Will b be able to retain his position with Ardboe or will they be looking for a replacement?

Club Rossa

I'm not sure what way that leaves Ardboe now to be honest.All sorts of stories flying about,personally i would like to see him stay on but i don't know if that would be possible.

redhandloo

Quote from: Club Rossa on October 20, 2010, 01:41:46 PM
I'm not sure what way that leaves Ardboe now to be honest.All sorts of stories flying about,personally i would like to see him stay on but i don't know if that would be possible.
You needn't worry Rossa.  I spoke to him to congratulate him today and he informed me that he intends to continue in his position as Ardboe boss
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Club Rossa

That's good to hear,Mickey is very highly regarded in Ardboe and is very popular with the players.

Gaaman

All the best to MD on his ventures with Tyrone Minors. Be interesting to see what he brings to the table. Have been working with an Under 16 team this year myself and on my travels I have seen a number of young lads that I would have ear-marked for the County in next year or two. Be interesting to see which of them come to the fore.

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: Gaaman on October 21, 2010, 12:45:12 PM
All the best to MD on his ventures with Tyrone Minors. Be interesting to see what he brings to the table. Have been working with an Under 16 team this year myself and on my travels I have seen a number of young lads that I would have ear-marked for the County in next year or two. Be interesting to see which of them come to the fore.

What players have caught the eye gaaman?  Tyrone minors seem to be good year in year out so expect no difference with the change in personnel in the management.  Mickey Donnelly has been working his way up the ranks in the past few years so this is a good opportunity for him.  Who is his backroom team? 

Think Munroe is a good appointment for the 21's.  Think its always a good idea to move up from the minor to the 21's with the same players you had so much success with.

Munroe for Harte in a few years maybe. 
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Gaaman

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on October 21, 2010, 01:46:47 PM
Quote from: Gaaman on October 21, 2010, 12:45:12 PM

What players have caught the eye gaaman?  Tyrone minors seem to be good year in year out so expect no difference with the change in personnel in the management.  Mickey Donnelly has been working his way up the ranks in the past few years so this is a good opportunity for him.  Who is his backroom team? 

Think Munroe is a good appointment for the 21's.  Think its always a good idea to move up from the minor to the 21's with the same players you had so much success with.

Munroe for Harte in a few years maybe.

Have not heard who is in his backroom team, maybe some of the Aghaloo posters or Ardboe ones can shed some light on this?

On the up and coming players I'm not going to do MD's job for him  :D

Norf Tyrone

Kieran McHugh from Aghyaran is his assistant.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

winsamsoon

Pleased for Mickey and hope all goes well for him.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Dell

Mickey is a good appointment. Very professional and dedicated. Co board should be congratulated for a change. Imagine it could have been McBride! Now it remains to be seen if the talent is there for next year
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

Croí na hÉireann

What happened to your man from last year? Did he resign or what? Thought he did well.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

nrico2006

He is now the U-21 Manager, he was in charge for the 2008 win also.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

muppet

Aghaloo, Ardboe and Aghyaran.

Any other Tyrone place names that begin with A or Agh?
MWWSI 2017