Mayo Millionaire backer withholds Money

Started by TheGreatest, September 26, 2019, 08:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: rosnarun on December 04, 2019, 04:08:10 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on December 04, 2019, 02:28:52 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on December 04, 2019, 02:16:51 PM
If he has a written agreement then sure give him his money back as soon as he hands over the money that was raised in the name of Mayo GAA in new York.
he tried to blackmail the county board with some very unreasonable demands which would have had the elected board Kow towing to him just because he has a few bob.
while he has done a service in showing up the county board as being eejits he has as I predicted in previous posts decided to pick up his ball and go home like all spoiled brats ,
no doubt he be seen again trying to buy friends in connacht rugby or a broken LOI soccer team where he can be seen as the white Knight
He is a rugby plant? Its very early to be drinking
Not the point
I suspect him of being a band wagon Jumper , A  few years back he was English soccer Number 1 fan, 
A bit if a full kit w**ker

If its not the point, why did you make it? You are claiming he donated megabucks to Mayo in order for them to dick him around so he could get in a row and ask for it back all because he is a deep cover LoI or rugby man. That is very silly.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Tubberman on December 04, 2019, 02:11:08 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on December 04, 2019, 02:01:41 PM
Quote from: weareros on December 04, 2019, 01:19:41 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on December 04, 2019, 12:43:44 PM
Looks like a serious escalation

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/millionaire-threatens-mayo-gaa-with-legal-action-if-it-wont-repay-his-150000-donation-38752369.html

And this lad is supposed to be a Mayo supporter, their "biggest supporter" even. He clearly is not.  They need to find a way to get shut of him.

If he handed over money for x and y, and x and y don't happen, he is entitled to a refund. They have treated him appallingly so he is taking his ball home.

Well that's the nub of the issue. What were the terms of the donation? Did Mayo CB agree in advance that any donations from this 'Foundation' would be spent on specific projects, or that the foundation could dictate what the funds were spent on?
If they did, they've made a terrible decision because they've essentially given this guy a veto over how money raised in the name of Mayo GAA is spent, and b) they've left themselves open to this type of action calling for breakdowns and receipts and refunds etc etc

The T & Cs of how Mayo CB and the Foundation would interact and the roles and responsibilities of both parties don't seem to have been nailed down at the beginning and now it's a complete shit-show. O'Leary has some valid points, but he also seems to want to have a far bigger say than he's entitled to. Dangerous ground...

I think the above is fair. He does seem to want more clout than you would expect in GAA circles, if it was a soccer club he would get a seat on the board. Maybe he doesn't get that GAA county boards are a different animal.l to what he is used to. But that said if you accept corporate donations you have to be able to stand over the spending.

There is definitely a cultural clash about money here.

Are they in a position to give it back?

Tubberman

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on December 04, 2019, 05:26:10 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on December 04, 2019, 04:08:10 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on December 04, 2019, 02:28:52 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on December 04, 2019, 02:16:51 PM
If he has a written agreement then sure give him his money back as soon as he hands over the money that was raised in the name of Mayo GAA in new York.
he tried to blackmail the county board with some very unreasonable demands which would have had the elected board Kow towing to him just because he has a few bob.
while he has done a service in showing up the county board as being eejits he has as I predicted in previous posts decided to pick up his ball and go home like all spoiled brats ,
no doubt he be seen again trying to buy friends in connacht rugby or a broken LOI soccer team where he can be seen as the white Knight
He is a rugby plant? Its very early to be drinking
Not the point
I suspect him of being a band wagon Jumper , A  few years back he was English soccer Number 1 fan, 
A bit if a full kit w**ker

If its not the point, why did you make it? You are claiming he donated megabucks to Mayo in order for them to dick him around so he could get in a row and ask for it back all because he is a deep cover LoI or rugby man. That is very silly.

No, he's saying O'Leary will get fed up with Mayo/GAA and look for a new project like rugby or a LOI club.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Rossfan

He might bail out Baile Brigin's favourite Sports body ( FAI)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublin7

Quote from: Rossfan on December 04, 2019, 09:22:01 PM

Given the evidence to date neither the Mayo board or FAI board could run a bath. If I was the Americans I'd discuss with the donors what other projects they could give the money to instead.

Baile Brigín 2

oliverkelly

weareros

Quote from: oliverkelly on December 05, 2019, 01:50:20 PM

Doubt it hes a big England Football fan

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/715922/i-did-my-bit-for-england/

Ah, stop the lights. I though the only Willie in Mayo GAA was from Belmullet.

rosnarun

Quote from: weareros on December 05, 2019, 09:01:59 PM
Quote from: oliverkelly on December 05, 2019, 01:50:20 PM

Doubt it hes a big England Football fan

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/715922/i-did-my-bit-for-england/

Ah, stop the lights. I though the only Willie in Mayo GAA was from Belmullet.
there are other  bigger willies in the mayo media  , but don't worry you wont see them at matches just pontificating
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

GalwayBayBoy

Lar Naparka

It's a great pity that this row ever arose. I can't see things ever returning to normal now and relations between O'Leary and the county board are never going to get any better. Mayo football is going to be the big loser because fundraising on the corporate sector in New York is going to become a lot harder in future.
The sort of people able to afford to pay $10,000 dollars for a black tie fundraiser, especially those with Mayo affiliations, are not that easy to find. At best, they need to be approached by one of their own, someone in the same socioeconomic sector and for Mayo fundraising, that was Tim O'Leary.
I can't see him getting involved in any effort to fundraise for Mayo GAA again.
And unfortunately, I can't see any who got involved in the fundraiser that caused the present problem contributing again.
In a nutshell, if you lose O'Leary, you lose his associates also.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

From the Bunker

Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 08, 2019, 10:31:04 PM
It's a great pity that this row ever arose. I can't see things ever returning to normal now and relations between O'Leary and the county board are never going to get any better. Mayo football is going to be the big loser because fundraising on the corporate sector in New York is going to become a lot harder in future.
The sort of people able to afford to pay $10,000 dollars for a black tie fundraiser, especially those with Mayo affiliations, are not that easy to find. At best, they need to be approached by one of their own, someone in the same socioeconomic sector and for Mayo fundraising, that was Tim O'Leary.
And unfortunately, I can't see any who got involved in the fundraiser that caused the present problem contributing again.

Don't worry! Our Dublin Friends tell us that money has never kicked a ball over the bar! No need for it!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 08, 2019, 10:43:11 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on December 08, 2019, 10:31:04 PM

Don't worry! Our Dublin Friends tell us that money has never kicked a ball over the bar! No need for it!
Arrah, aren't you the bad-minded laitcheko?
Sure everyone knows it's the horsing about out in Fingallians club and having to make do with one tiny tea kettle that has toughened them up.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Blowitupref

Is that the real Tim O'Leary on twitter tweeting about Mayo GAA buying curtains and fun sized bananas with his money/donation or is it a parody account?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose