Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 14, 2019, 12:26:04 PM
Ballymena just needs to believe harder.

If they would display some proper patriotism and quit talking down Britain, they'd find all these problems would go away.

etc etc etc

[/boris]
Ballymena voted DUP in the last election. The DUP were pro Brexit.

Mencken :" Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard"
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: seafoid on November 14, 2019, 12:30:08 PM

Quite obviously they didn't vote DUP enough. Or didn't believe hard enough while voting.

Since the problem quite clearly isn't brexit, it must be Ballymena.

[/boris]
i usse an speelchekor

Orior

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 14, 2019, 12:26:04 PM
Ballymena just needs to believe harder.

If they would display some proper patriotism and quit talking down Britain, they'd find all these problems would go away.

etc etc etc

[/boris]

A minor royalty visit will sooth the natives.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

playwiththewind1st

Yeh....send Prince Andrew over. But lock up yer kiddies.

seafoid

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 14, 2019, 12:34:53 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 14, 2019, 12:30:08 PM

Quite obviously they didn't vote DUP enough. Or didn't believe hard enough while voting.

Since the problem quite clearly isn't brexit, it must be Ballymena.

[/boris]

Loyalism has cost Ballymena a lot of jobs recently.
Maybe the Irish language would be more profitable.

Ronnie

Boris Johnson seems to be saying that we i.e. UK (GB+NI) will do as we like post Brexit.   In reality this is correct.  Does anybody follow all the T&Cs anymore?  Rules are only rules if they're enforced.  A different QC will tell you that...  Boris is bullish and wants unleashed..  I suspect Dom Cum devised 'unleash Britain's potential'..

Ronnie

Freedom of movement of people.  Discuss or direct me to the approx pages where we've discussed this.  Both Conservatives and Labour, as per manifestos want to limit this.  I honestly don't understand.  Ireland, Britain, France, Germany etc aren't that great, they just have different immigration rules.. obviously without ref to race-to-the-bottom, undocumented etc...

seafoid

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/11/25/boris-johnsons-diplomatic-amateurism-will-lead-no-deal-brexit/

Setting out the parameters of that "quick and dirty" Canada-style trade deal, Sir Ivan warned that the EU would extract a disproportionately high price from the UK - with access to UK goods markets and fishing grounds, with little or nothing in return on financial and other services.
"We seem to be off to Canada, without our services sector," he added, warning that a "desperate" Mr Johnson would face a "binary choice between a highly asymmetrical thin deal on [the EU's] terms, and 'no deal' towards the end of next year".

Faced with signing such an unequal treaty, Sir Ivan did not rule out Mr Johnson making the concessions and returning to London to sell the deal as a "huge success", but thought it more likely that the Cabinet would reject agreeing to so much conditionality to deliver so little.
More likely, Sir Ivan concluded, the argument would be got up that a "no deal" exit on WTO-terms would be preferable, given the slim comparative economic advantages delivered by a basic FTA deal with so many EU strings attached.
But after attacking the Government for failing to level with the public about the coming trade-offs, Sir Ivan concluded with a note of warning to Europe of the risks of repeating the same "conclusions-driven" process of the previous negotiation which boxed the UK into a corner.

trailer

This deal is really shit. If the Tories win on Friday with a majority NI will be set back for 50 years.

balladmaker

Quote from: trailer on December 10, 2019, 10:12:41 PM
This deal is really shit. If the Tories win on Friday with a majority NI will be set back for 50 years.

Border poll it is then.

Rossfan

So it's back to 1640 then ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hound

Is a border on the border better than a border across the Irish Sea?
It has to be one or the other. At least until a EU UK trade deal is done