Black and Tans Commemoration

Started by Rossfan, January 06, 2020, 06:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

And Mary Lou will let them have the Twelfth in a United Ireland. . . isn't that pure daycent!

Itchy

Quote from: screenexile on January 09, 2020, 12:32:21 PM
And Mary Lou will let them have the Twelfth in a United Ireland. . . isn't that pure daycent!

It actually is daycent to allow them have a sectarian march by a sectarian organisation. However, I think in a united Ireland the protestants in the 6 will eventually see it for what it is and get on with more important things like their long lost cousins in the south.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: five points on January 09, 2020, 09:54:46 AM
Quote from: LaurelEye on January 08, 2020, 11:11:01 PM

Flanagan has form in terms of trying to troll Shinners

Very true, yet less than a month ago the same Shinners were backing Flanagan's proposed new law on hate speech, which if it ever sees the light of day will forbid us all from questioning or robustly discussing issues like this if there is a "diversity" angle.

The RIC commemoration didn't bother me at all but it would have been wrong to ignore the groundswell of opinion against it.
Bullshit. Its brining a 30 year old law into the digital age.

BennyCake

Is there any chance of getting it to the official British no 1?

five points

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 09, 2020, 02:26:34 PM

Very true, yet less than a month ago the same Shinners were backing Flanagan's proposed new law on hate speech, which if it ever sees the light of day will forbid us all from questioning or robustly discussing issues like this if there is a "diversity" angle.

The RIC commemoration didn't bother me at all but it would have been wrong to ignore the groundswell of opinion against it.

Bullshit how? We'll still be able to challenge Flanagan, when he tries to flog the diversity horse, without having to worry about the peelers landing on our doors, or we won't?

(The idea that laws go obsolete after 30 years is kinda funny too.)

Orior

Quote from: screenexile on January 09, 2020, 12:32:21 PM

Take away the military paraphernalia and ant-Catholic sentiment and it could be a decent enough spectacle and attraction for tourists.

PS. Should someone let Mary-Lou know that they already parade in Donegal every year?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: five points on January 09, 2020, 03:45:49 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on January 09, 2020, 02:26:34 PM

Bullshit how? We'll still be able to challenge Flanagan, when he tries to flog the diversity horse, without having to worry about the peelers landing on our doors, or we won't?

(The idea that laws go obsolete after 30 years is kinda funny too.)

Bullshit in that the law exists and nobody stopped anyone challenging Flanagan.

What technological advances in terms of communication have happened in the last 30 years do you reckon?

If you say it, write it, print it, say it down the phone, text it or email it, its a criminal offence. Tweet it, Facebook it, use a forum, its not. Thats all this legislation will change.

If you really believe they are changing the law to criminalise criticism of the government I have some magic beans for sale.