Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: gawa316 on May 26, 2021, 11:00:38 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 26, 2021, 10:57:19 PM
Surprise surprise, it's the yardbrush who f**ks up again. Useless sack of shit.

Not saved any of the last 36 pens he faced

I knew that for United to win, a Villarreal player would have to miss the target, because DG was never getting near any of them. And so it proved. An absolute dung heap. Let's hope that the last we see of him.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: gawa316 on May 26, 2021, 11:03:21 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 26, 2021, 11:02:15 PM
f**k that.  :(

I defended DDG in the past, but that weak penalty was pathetic.

Him missing a penalty was the final straw?

Probably not but I'm raging.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

The trophy drought goes into a 5th year and Solskjaer won't get many better chances to win silverware than that. As tough of a cup final defeat to take on the chin as possible for United, beaten on the lottery of penalties in sudden death whereby all outfield players scored. A sad end to what could be DeGea final match with United.

Congratulations to Villarreal some achievement by them to win their first ever final and in Emery they have a manager that loves this competition, scored from their only shot on target and exploited Uniteds weakness all season of switching off on a set piece. Villarreal also defended very well all night and never allowed any of United key players to have much of an impact on that game.

Muck Savage

Well done Villarreal

I honestly dont think United will win anything with OSG managing them. He made some bad calls and really that team should have won it in normal time

Can't blame De Get for missing the penalty, but FFS he should have saved 1-2 before that.

Helix.

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 26, 2021, 11:10:37 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on May 26, 2021, 11:03:21 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 26, 2021, 11:02:15 PM
f**k that.  :(

I defended DDG in the past, but that weak penalty was pathetic.

Him missing a penalty was the final straw?

Probably not but I'm raging.

Any United fan would be raging. And you'd hope the players will be sick after that and kick on. Unfortunately just have to take the medicine from few class clowns on the forum and move on. Pau Torres was phenomenal tonight. Get the buyout clause sorted before the Euros.. Lindelof's days have to be numbered. McTominay and Cavani probably only 2 that played to their potential.
Hopefully Solskjaer gets backing in the summer.

macker15

Well done to Villarreal.  Man Utd didn't have any bench. Crazy taken off Greenwood.

gallsman

Thought extra time was embarrassing from United. Barely on the ball at all and looked to be hoping for penalties from a long way out.

Wouldn't blame De He's in the slightest, some absolutely unreal penalties from both teams. Coquelin's was genuinely one of the best penalties I've ever seen.

GiveItToTheShooters

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA PE teacher is a serial bottler

From the Bunker

Sir Alex didn't look to upset at the end. Think he was happy he got to go to a live match and was looking forward to the hospitality after.

Armagh18

That was absolutely pathetic. Didnt look like they wanted to win the game against a side that would probably finish 11-14th in the premier league. Cavani and McT played well I thought but the rest were anonymous. Disgusted with Pogba and especially Rashford.

Onthe40

United have been terrible for the past month or more.. when was their last decent performance? Roma at home??
They haven't really progressed from last year.. no trophy and one position change in the league
I fear they will not make top 4 next season the way their going

maldini

Quote from: macker15 on May 26, 2021, 11:22:57 PM
Well done to Villarreal.  Man Utd didn't have any bench. Crazy taken off Greenwood.
Crazy
A billion pounds spent on players since Ferguson left and not one decent sub to bring on

Helix.

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 26, 2021, 11:47:12 PM
That was absolutely pathetic. Didnt look like they wanted to win the game against a side that would probably finish 11-14th in the premier league. Cavani and McT played well I thought but the rest were anonymous. Disgusted with Pogba and especially Rashford.

Pogba should be told where to go after tonight looking for £400k a week. De Gea has given  great years of service but flapped at penalties tonight even if it was a savage shootout for neutrals. He'll probably go in the summer though. You'd wonder if Henderson would have made any difference in shootout.
Probably the end of Mata as well. Daniel James offers very little except pace. I'd be offloading him on the summer and Lingard. Lindelof and Bailly hit and miss (Bailly can be as rash as Rojo was at times).
Lost too many goals this years from crosses and Centre back needs to be addressed ASAP to back up Maguire. Rashford needs to find some bit of form was poor tonight.

Liverpool were schooled in a Europa League final in 2016 and only for a shite goalie in 2018 would have probably beaten Real Madrid in Champions League final. Need to be smart in transfer window but I have my doubts. Pau Torres being the start. Tielemens stalling on a contract or Ruben Neves to look at. I'm not convinced with Sancho. Wouldn't be half the hype if he wasn't English. I get low thinking United scouts passed Ruben Dias and chose lindelof over Van Dijk.
Solskjaer will get another year to turn things around. After that god only knows. Really lacking that killer instinct to at least try win tonight. Were playing for penalties early in extra time. 

A win would have been nice of course but it would possibly be papering over the cracks of frailties in the side.

quit yo jibbajabba

Disappointed noone has came in here and said Good Ebening

Good Ebening 😎😁

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Onthe40 on May 26, 2021, 11:58:09 PM
United have been terrible for the past month or more.. when was their last decent performance? Roma at home??
They haven't really progressed from last year.. no trophy and one position change in the league
I fear they will not make top 4 next season the way their going

2nd half against Villa was the last decent performance. I questioned the recent form was it a case of players minding themselves for this final or their true form. It was mostly the latter although United were well on top in the 2nd half of normal time and Villarreal to their credit held firm.

Didn't reach any final last season and only got 66 league points, progress made or be it still a long way from challenging for major honours.

The lack of trust in the bench was clear to see even when a number of players was maxed out in extra time.  I was surprised Villarreal didn't see that and go for the kill in extra time.