All Ireland club football championships 2023/24

Started by Blowitupref, January 06, 2023, 09:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyDupree

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 23, 2023, 08:41:25 PM
Glen should let Kilmacud go on the beer and takeaways for 3 days. Then lodge the appeal at the last minute on Wednesday. Rematch on Saturday evening.

I can ensure you the Glen players weren't back in the office at 9am this morning

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: screenexile on January 23, 2023, 09:31:13 PM
Originally I wasn't in favour of a replay but the more the day has gone on I think Glen maybe should object.

Factually the objection is 100% justified but if they'd been playing a Caltra or a Ballinderry type small community club it wouldn't sit well to do it and the optics probably wouldn't be great.

That's not the case here though they're considering an objection against one of the biggest clubs in the Country who have just poached the 2nd best forward in the country to make up for their failings last season. I honestly think 99% of GAA people will be behind Glen in this instance so why the f**k not? The worst thing that can happen is you lose and sure that's where they are right now anyway!!
Who the other club are shouldn't come into it, there's either an issue that cost Glen during the match or there is not. If there is an appeal a replay will be given but Crokes shouldn't be judged any different than a rural club just because people don't like them.

seafoid

16 by Robbie Brennan and Dara Mullin will be sports book ofvthe year

trueblue1234

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on January 23, 2023, 10:15:45 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 23, 2023, 09:31:13 PM
Originally I wasn't in favour of a replay but the more the day has gone on I think Glen maybe should object.

Factually the objection is 100% justified but if they'd been playing a Caltra or a Ballinderry type small community club it wouldn't sit well to do it and the optics probably wouldn't be great.

That's not the case here though they're considering an objection against one of the biggest clubs in the Country who have just poached the 2nd best forward in the country to make up for their failings last season. I honestly think 99% of GAA people will be behind Glen in this instance so why the f**k not? The worst thing that can happen is you lose and sure that's where they are right now anyway!!
Who the other club are shouldn't come into it, there's either an issue that cost Glen during the match or there is not. If there is an appeal a replay will be given but Crokes shouldn't be judged any different than a rural club just because people don't like them.

I don't think he means the GAA should treat Glen differently. But rather how neutrals would view the appeal.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 23, 2023, 10:02:44 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 23, 2023, 10:00:01 PM
Anytime time I ever cam on as sub ( not that often lol) first thing I done as I came on, was telling the guy going off, u subbed. Standard, back in them days.

But did you come on as a sub in an All Ireland club final with seconds to go while your team was defending a 45?

You'd not be as casual as that post
Agreed. But always standard thag the linesman/ref/4th official doesn't let you on the pitch or let the game restart until he sees who has came on and who has went off .

lenny

This will come down to the players. I'd say if I was a Glen player having been beaten I wouldn't want a replay. Some of the players might, possibly even a majority but if a few players are half hearted about it then it is not worth appealing. Having lost the final I would guess most of the players just want to move on and try to come back next year just like Crokes did. If they got a replay and some of the players were half hearted the they'd get annihilated.

Wildweasel74

I remember watching Crokes v Bellaghy on croker in 95, Crokes had 3/4 imports playing that day. Damn hurricane that day.

WT4E

I'm hearing Glen will send the email

This will then mean that Kilmacud will have to recall there players from the holidays they provided them with.
Shane Walsh on way back from Cancoon
Hugh Kenny on way back from Greystones

grounded

Quote from: clawaddy on January 23, 2023, 09:16:10 PM
I am a neutral in this discussion but it seems to me that Glen were treated badly during the last few minutes. The cynical use of substitutes in extra time used up most of the 3 min which the ref chose to ignore. I think the sideline officials are more to blame for the 16/17 players but the ref should have allowed more time

I think many neutrals including myself would think the same. I'll also that Glen had their chance and weren't good enough on the day.  I don't think the extra player had a bearing on the outcome, but there is no possible way to prove that he didn't and therein lies the problem.
       Just a Bollix of a situation.

bannside

The problem will be who in Glen actually make the call on what to do next. The players will be in two camps, the committee will also be in two camps and that's not forgetting the management as well as influential general members. Then theres the sponsors who may have an opinion. Just getting a consensus will be an art in itself.

seafoid

Quote from: bannside on January 23, 2023, 11:47:44 PM
The problem will be who in Glen actually make the call on what to do next. The players will be in two camps, the committee will also be in two camps and that's not forgetting the management as well as influential general members. Then theres the sponsors who may have an opinion. Just getting a consensus will be an art in itself.
They will be watching the media reaction.
The Irish Times headline implied that there is going to be a replay 

seafoid

John Duggan

@JohnDugganSport

Glen have to appeal. Not whether they want to or not, but to put the decision back into the hands of the GAA, which should be the case as the governing body of the game.

RedHand88

It'll be one for Reeling in the Years anyway.

RedHand88

clawaddy

None of this would of happened if subs weren't  allowed on just to waste time. The ref could have stopped subs coming on. Cynicism rewarded.Glen should appeal to make the point but decline offer of replay