?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Red10

Quote from: bannside on January 26, 2020, 04:56:19 PM
Hey Lad let me tell you I'm not worrying about you at all. Theres enough if you to do that especially after yesterday. And at a guess I'd be confident I know more about Derry football than you anyway!

;) a know it all then lad. Antrim forum is just waiting for your all encompassing knowledge.

Red10

Quote from: restorepride on January 26, 2020, 05:13:11 PM
Quote from: Red10 on January 26, 2020, 02:28:40 PM
Quote from: bannside on January 26, 2020, 12:12:25 AM
I have no problem sliding on trust me we have enough to do this side of the Bann. But stop deluding yourselves that youse are a Div 1 team in disguise.  At least we accept where we are atm, div 4 and working hard to escape from it. A few Derry posters here are realistic, but the vast majority are living on past glories. A reality check would do most of you no harm. You cant beat Leitrim at home. Start from there and fill your boots because that's where Derry is atm. Fact.

Words of great wisdom and insight - not. There's no one in Derry thinks we are a division 1 side.  As i say you'd be better off focusing on your own county than worrying about someone else's- fact.
Looks like you've hit a raw nerve, Bannside - always a sign that you are getting near the truth!

No raw nerve. Nobody on here or few Derry people think we should be at the top or just because we were competitive before have a right to win games. Don't think we should be beating teams at home in this division? No belief never mind pride ?

restorepride

Quote from: Red10 on January 26, 2020, 05:32:30 PM
I have no problem sliding on trust me we have enough to do this side of the Bann. But stop deluding yourselves that youse are a Div 1 team in disguise.  At least we accept where we are atm, div 4 and working hard to escape from it. A few Derry posters here are realistic, but the vast majority are living on past glories. A reality check would do most of you no harm. You cant beat Leitrim at home. Start from there and fill your boots because that's where Derry is atm. Fact.

Words of great wisdom and insight - not. There's no one in Derry thinks we are a division 1 side.  As i say you'd be better off focusing on your own county than worrying about someone else's- fact.
Looks like you've hit a raw nerve, Bannside - always a sign that you are getting near the truth!

No raw nerve. Nobody on here or few Derry people think we should be at the top or just because we were competitive before have a right to win games. Don't think we should be beating teams at home in this division? No belief never mind pride ?
You don't think we should be beating teams at home?  Strange statement.

Red10

Quote from: restorepride on January 26, 2020, 05:45:01 PM
Quote from: Red10 on January 26, 2020, 05:32:30 PM

You don't think we should be beating teams at home?  Strange statement.

That was a question to you ? Read it again. You're  the one agreeing with the Antrim lad having a go at Derry supporters for thinking we should be winning home games. We are were we are but any county or club has a belief  they should win home games.

bannside

So you Red think that the Antrim Lad is having a go at you Derry ones because youse think you should be winning home matches. That's it. Jesus wept, Restore I wouldnt go there. Youd be entering unchartered waters!!

The Hoganstand is a good wee discussion board, so it is!

Red10

Quote from: bannside on January 26, 2020, 06:41:06 PM
So you Red think that the Antrim Lad is having a go at you Derry ones because youse think you should be winning home matches. That's it. Jesus wept, Restore I wouldnt go there. Youd be entering unchartered waters!!

The Hoganstand is a good wee discussion board, so it is!

Off you go then. Your point that we think we should be in div 1 is nonsense. All comments  and supporters are saying we should win home games as anyone in any league should  think
- you keep coming back about us being deluded.  I' sure all those on hoganstand will say aye you're right all the time.

bannside

You're far too much for me Red. I'm gone.

restorepride

Quote from: bannside on January 26, 2020, 07:39:23 PM
You're far too much for me Red. I'm gone.
Stay where you're at Bannside. Red took the bait, that's all I needed to know! Enda Lynn is a Bannsider as well and would have made a difference last night.

Silver hill

Like many others, was skeptical when Gallagher was appointed and feared the worst given his record with fermanagh and a talented Donegal squad. I did raise an eyebrow when I heard the training schedule in nov/dec but again, had heard that players had responded positively to him and his coaching style. But training 5/6 days a week, irrespective of the rational, was always going to be liable to injuries  occurring. Gallagher stated that he intended to implement a more attack minded style but after yesterday, that seems like a throwaway remark to smooth things over after getting the job. Yesterday was a must win. As a county, we have no divine right to beat anyone but something is seriously amiss if we can't account for Leitrim at home. Trust and support will evaporate very quickly if this is the shape of things to come. I sincerely hope not, but that was shocking yesterday.

Squareball71

Good win for the hurlers today. Got ahead of Down and kept them at arms length for the rest of the match. A good platform to kick on for the rest of the league. Was good medicine to try and cure the pain of last night. As others have said we don't have a right to win any game or be in any division but if that what we get for the start of a new campaign with a new management set up against a team at home that the bookies had us at 1/10 to win then the next few months are going to be uphill.
Also very poor support for both games over the weekend.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Squareball71 on January 26, 2020, 09:49:30 PM
Good win for the hurlers today. Got ahead of Down and kept them at arms length for the rest of the match. A good platform to kick on for the rest of the league. Was good medicine to try and cure the pain of last night. As others have said we don't have a right to win any game or be in any division but if that what we get for the start of a new campaign with a new management set up against a team at home that the bookies had us at 1/10 to win then the next few months are going to be uphill.
Also very poor support for both games over the weekend.

Massive win. Seem to be getting a lot of our best young hurlers out

restorepride

Quote from: Silver hill on January 26, 2020, 09:07:22 PM
Like many others, was skeptical when Gallagher was appointed and feared the worst given his record with fermanagh and a talented Donegal squad. I did raise an eyebrow when I heard the training schedule in nov/dec but again, had heard that players had responded positively to him and his coaching style. But training 5/6 days a week, irrespective of the rational, was always going to be liable to injuries  occurring. Gallagher stated that he intended to implement a more attack minded style but after yesterday, that seems like a throwaway remark to smooth things over after getting the job. Yesterday was a must win. As a county, we have no divine right to beat anyone but something is seriously amiss if we can't account for Leitrim at home. Trust and support will evaporate very quickly if this is the shape of things to come. I sincerely hope not, but that was shocking yesterday.
Care to comment Bannside - please?!

bannside

Silver Hill is 100% spot on in this analysis. Gallagher's style of play could end up driving you bonkers. The crowd will stop coming. Half a dozen fringe players who are living on scraps or worse will not see any point in putting in that savage effort, reputably twice a day sessions 6am and again same evening. Then his problems will really start. But hey £25k a year can't be sneezed at for a wee bit of public disapproval, and sure another team/county will always come along. That's the road Gallaghers travelling at the minute.

Now. I'm no expert.....but there is a different way. But he needs to buck up his thinking very quickly or he could drag you down to Div 4 again in the blink of six weeks. (Hopefully we will be going up by that stage).

1. Get the crowd behind you. How you do this is by giving them a product that excites them. When you have genuine top quality in your midst then do need to get them on the field. Mc Kindless, Cassidy, Loughlin, Lynn, The Swatragh Twins, Mc Guigan, Heavron, and possibly Heron too at this stage are all top notch, div 1 player quality. I'd be making these boys my priority and along with star acts Emmet Bradley Chris Mc Keague and Ciaran Mc Faul you should have a team easily capable of getting into div 2 and developing from there.

2. Once these players are intact you design a system of play that allows them to flourish and excite. There are plenty of scoring machines there so let them open up and play football with a smile on their face.

3. By Easter if there is no obvious sign of the above taking shape, you should bate down Conleth Gilligans door and hand him the keys of your kingdom.

And you'll all be smiling again in no time.

Rawhide

Went to the game, not much to say that hasn't been said. I thought Gallagher's post match comments on social media summed up our performance. I read Bannside wants to give the job to Gilligan who hasn't managed one team and has rode on the coat tail of Moran as a coach, playing a style that is literally cut and paste with Kilcoo, in the event that Gallagher who has been in 5 of the last 7 Ulster finals as an intercounty manager, doesn't cut it in Derry. Is there a light on there at all BS.
The single outstanding thing for me from Saturdays game apart was the fat that I can't recall us kicking the ball a short 25m or long 40m pass into or scoring zone, not one attempt at the 'mark' pass in the entire match. I genuinely couldn't get over it
cccc is a true supporter lol

bannside

I think the lights still working Rawhide..but then again I ask myself the same question sometimes so who knows!

Re Conleth, I picked him out because I think he is destined to be one of the very best in a few short years. Coalisland and Kilcoo players speak exceptionally highly of him. Come back to me in three or four years and ask me if it's my light or yours that's not functioning. Learning off the master Mickey in 2019 and 2020 would leave him nicely primed to make the next step. But you'll need to be at the front of the queue, take that from me.