Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hugh the root

According to many witnesses the only person to do anything wrong was the referee who done what mclaughlin and wee weedy paddy o'brien sent him out to do. I take it you did not read the gaelic life article about this particular incident. No other club in Ireland would have attempted to cover it up but the morons in Tyrone . Any wonder Tyrone football is in free fall ? Dominic Mc. Caughey should have more sense than to be tied up with such skulduggery!

matchfit21

So they were all well behaved and it's a big witch hunt against several men?

bigtogs

Quote from: GerryFromDerry on August 15, 2014, 09:00:02 AM
Is big Danny McNulty injured. He didn't appear to play against Dromore or in the u21 game (possibly overage)
I thought he had the potential to play full forward for Tyrone.

yeah got hurt playing for Tyrone in the mckenna cup and re-occurred again unfortunately...two prolapses discs in his back..just cant seem to shake it off at all..

hugh the root

Quote from: matchfit21 on August 15, 2014, 10:30:33 AM
So they were all well behaved and it's a big witch hunt against several men?
that's the way I read it and many decent gaa people but the dirt in the county board made this bother bestowed upon them! Ardboe people have a very long memory lest they forget and just someday out of the blue the culprits will get their deserved box on the gob!

Traveller

That's your way to read it alright others read it very differently, no party came out of that with any credit.

hugh the root

Quote from: Traveller on August 15, 2014, 11:14:34 AM
That's your way to read it alright others read it very differently, no party came out of that with any credit.
The way i read it is the truthful way! It will be interesting to see if Mclaughlin gets Roisin Jordan voted out of post for chairperson!He has already began his campaign to keep her west!Mclaughlin is the biggest deterrent to Tyrone's success at any level !He is finally being found out but when he got off with the bus scandal that time he ll get off with anything, People should stop paying into matches, as yet man says " put the gate in round them and not too many will stand up "

matchfit21

So they were punished for doing nothing wrong? That seems odd

hugh the root

Quote from: matchfit21 on August 15, 2014, 12:19:52 PM
So they were punished for doing nothing wrong? That seems odd
Not a bit odd! they were punished for winning the minor championship! it appears the CCC wanted to throw them out of the championship for not playing extra time when it was black dark. NB one of the CCC aodh scullin is affiliated to the club they tried to keep in the championship!enough said!

The Trap

This is very boring - anybody want to talk about the football this weekend? Ardboe should beat Moy by 3/4, Carrickmore will beat Augher even though they are not setting the world on fire at the moment. 2 great games in Intermediate and both could go either way. Pomeroy and Dungannon are capable of playing very fast football but will come up against tough teams in Greencastle and Gortin. Just fancy Greencastle and Dungannon to shade it. In Junior will go for Derrytrek, Clan na Gael, Owen Roes and Rock.

Under Lights

Quote from: The Trap on August 15, 2014, 01:33:47 PM
This is very boring - anybody want to talk about the football this weekend? Ardboe should beat Moy by 3/4, Carrickmore will beat Augher even though they are not setting the world on fire at the moment. 2 great games in Intermediate and both could go either way. Pomeroy and Dungannon are capable of playing very fast football but will come up against tough teams in Greencastle and Gortin. Just fancy Greencastle and Dungannon to shade it. In Junior will go for Derrytrek, Clan na Gael, Owen Roes and Rock.

Agree with your junior predictions. Pomeroy have underachieved a bit in the recent past imo. Plenty of talent about them but just can't seem to make a break through.

WT4E

Can't get my head around the Pomeroy conundrum. Have always underachieved the last 5/6 years. I saw them recently and they had a great team and very strong bench.

Have they even been to a semi in while? Maybe if they make it that far they can push on.

bigtogs

Quote from: WT4E on August 15, 2014, 01:54:58 PM
Can't get my head around the Pomeroy conundrum. Have always underachieved the last 5/6 years. I saw them recently and they had a great team and very strong bench.

Have they even been in theo a semi in while? Maybe if they make it that far they can push on.

Pomeroy are certainly a rare outfit on their day they could beat greencastle.... fancy Dungannon to take Gortin they seem to have a wee spring in their step around the Clarkes at the moment they where bigging uo their  under21 team and got beat by Drumragh semi final last week which will send a warning to the senior team not to get carried away with themselves..... fancy rock(although killyman never easy beat in championahip)clan na gael,owen roes and derrytresk.... derrytresk don't seem to be playing great but are getting results so that would give errigal a chance as derrytresk are not scoring heavily....

winghalfback

For this weekends championship im going to tip
Saturday

DERRYTRESK to win by just a couple of points, CLAN NA nGAEL should beat castlederg but not by much either, GORTIN will beat dungannon as I don't think things are going as well as people think in dungannon, OWEN ROES will beat dregish easily and could be a surprise package in the junior championship.
Sunday
ROCK will beat Killyman by 10 points or more, Moy v Ardboe could be a draw but ill call ARDBOE just because of their experience although there really isn't much between the two, GREENCASTLE should beat pomeroy but just because of their senior football experience pomeroy are an up and coming team and if things click they will be hard to beat. CARRICKMORE will beat Augher easily.

Norf Tyrone

People going with the same 4 teams in the Junior but there is usually a shock somewhere and Id be worried it would be us.

We've a fairly young team and Dregish are battle hardened with a better more recent Championship pedigree.

Its a long time since we had a decent Championship rattle.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

hugh the root

I see Moortown won the grade 1 minor league title tonight, they must now be hot raging favourites to do the league/ championship double against their neighbours Ardboe!