Graham Linehan on Twitter / Trans debate

Started by bennydorano, May 08, 2020, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinPowers

Can anybody  work  this out?

Maybe I haven't  woken up  properly yet.  Born a female, she came out, is transgender  AND non-binary.   :o

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66299441

But more importantly, should she  be playing in the "women's" World Cup?

Last Man

Quote from: AustinPowers on July 25, 2023, 03:34:11 PM

Maybe I haven't  woken up  properly yet.  Born a female, she came out, is transgender  AND non-binary.   :o

A narcissist stealing the dreams and careers of talented young women who want to play sport at the top level.
They can do what they want but stay out of womens sport.

trailer

Quote from: Last Man on July 25, 2023, 03:52:08 PM

A narcissist stealing the dreams and careers of talented young women who want to play sport at the top level.
They can do what they want but stay out of womens sport.

She was born biologically a female. Rebecca Quinn.
How you can be transgender and non binary is beyond me. They're making this up as they go along.

jcpen

That article hurt my head.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Tony Baloney

I can make head nor tail of that article. Journalists are so afraid of being offended they end up with these word salads. What exactly has/have "they" come out as?! Women's football is full of lesbians so not sure what's happening here!

AustinPowers

Quote from: jcpen on July 25, 2023, 05:06:46 PM

That article hurt my head.

Glad it wasn't  just me then

bennydorano

Has there been a bit of a sea change in general opinion? Seems to be a bit of common sense entering the debates - previously dismissed or shut down debates  imo.

Armagh18

Quote from: bennydorano on April 14, 2024, 07:46:17 AMHas there been a bit of a sea change in general opinion? Seems to be a bit of common sense entering the debates - previously dismissed or shut down debates  imo.
The average person has common sense with these freaks. But they get called out for it so are afraid to say much.

theskull1

Sackcloth and ashes time for plenty of board members who sided with the wrong side of history in regard to this topic. 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

RedHand88

Quote from: bennydorano on April 14, 2024, 07:46:17 AMHas there been a bit of a sea change in general opinion? Seems to be a bit of common sense entering the debates - previously dismissed or shut down debates  imo.

Definitely. You can see it in the sporting world with the regulating bodies and that.

bennydorano

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 14, 2024, 09:41:01 AM
The average person has common sense with these freaks. But they get called out for it so are afraid to say much.
I certainly don't view trans people as freaks. Trans rights shouldn't trump womens' rights tho (& their right to feel safe in women only areas), that seemed to be the road it was hurtling down for a long time. A section of the trans movement appear to not want to assimilate into society either. I don't care if they want to assimilate or not but I don't think society should have to put up with some of their outrageous nonsense either. They should have equality in society, they should also respect others in society.

trueblue1234

Quote from: bennydorano on April 14, 2024, 11:24:45 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 14, 2024, 09:41:01 AM
I certainly don't view trans people as freaks. Trans rights shouldn't trump womens' rights tho (& their right to feel safe in women only areas), that seemed to be the road it was hurtling down for a long time. A section of the trans movement appear to not want to assimilate into society either. I don't care if they want to assimilate or not but I don't think society should have to put up with some of their outrageous nonsense either. They should have equality in society, they should also respect others in society.
I think this is the case. Most people would have issues with the some of the proposals put forward by the trans movement. But equally most would refrain from calling them freaks. There's people from both sides on this board and all levels in between.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

J70

Quote from: theskull1 on April 14, 2024, 09:53:50 AMSackcloth and ashes time for plenty of board members who sided with the wrong side of history in regard to this topic. 

What's the "wrong side"?

Views were/are spread across a wide spectrum, as might be expected with a pretty new, unfamiliar issue.

Are the "trans people are freaks/frauds" people on the wrong side?