Graham Linehan on Twitter / Trans debate

Started by bennydorano, May 08, 2020, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HiMucker

Quote from: Rossfan on July 01, 2023, 09:46:47 AM
I voted for it anyway.
And I have no problem with Trans people, fluid or non binary or anything else.
Or Rhubarbs either.
Yes but but would you agree then that there is lots of narrow minded people down in Roscommon?

trailer

Quote from: J70 on June 30, 2023, 03:10:41 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 30, 2023, 03:03:19 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 30, 2023, 01:15:39 PM
Quote from: trailer on June 30, 2023, 01:05:58 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 30, 2023, 12:55:44 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on June 30, 2023, 12:12:39 PM
It doesent matter how many dresses he puts on or how much makeup. It's impossible for him to be a mother

Extending that logic, is a woman who cannot have kids but adopts a child a "mother"?

It's a gender specific term.
Cocks = Fathers
Fannies = Mothers

Check your underwear to see which you have and go from there. This is really basic science in fairness.

And those whose genitalia and characteristics are more ambiguous?

Or do we just deny their actual existence because it's inconvenient when you can't fit everything into neat pigeon holes?

They will still fall under one of two genders.
Few simple questions and tests should do it if the issue ever arises.

For 99.9% you can work off my c**k / No c**k flow chart.

There's "basic" science to back up your pigeon holing of them?

Are there measurements involved?

A lot of biological traits fall on a spectrum.

Why have women sports? Why have kids sports? Why not everyone just compete together? Why have men or women changing rooms? We're all the same. That's essentially your argument isn't it?

seafoid

It doesent matter how many dresses he puts on or how much makeup. It's impossible for him to be a mother

Extending that logic, is a woman who cannot have kids but adopts a child a "mother"?

Cocks = Fathers
Fannies = Mothers

Check your underwear to see which you have and go from there. This is really basic science in fairness.

Or do we just deny their actual existence because it's inconvenient when you can't fit everything into neat pigeon holes?

The trans movement isn't based on that. Kids are identified via dysmorphia . Adults are either gay feminine or autogynephilic (men who feel sexually aroused at the idea of having a female body)
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on July 01, 2023, 11:17:55 AM

Cocks = Fathers
Fannies = Mothers

Why have women sports? Why have kids sports? Why not everyone just compete together? Why have men or women changing rooms? We're all the same. That's essentially your argument isn't it?

I suppose why sexualise it when it's put like that. We are all humans some have dangley bits some don't, separating things could be the fault here. Be one with nature :-*
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Cocks = Fathers
Fannies = Mothers

I haven't made an argument remotely like that.

I'm questioning your (and others) absolute certainty and cynicism.

Personally I don't know either way, but I do know that the lines can be blurred when it comes to biologically determined traits. With intersex people that's anatomically. And if anatomy can be ambiguous, why must gender identity be cut and dried?

Tony Baloney

J70 regardless of all that do you not think it a bit strange that the only "mother" ITV could find at short notice to to talk about Thames Water was a bloke in a dress? It was like a sketch from Little Britain.

J70

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 01, 2023, 05:10:22 PM
J70 regardless of all that do you not think it a bit strange that the only "mother" ITV could find at short notice to to talk about Thames Water was a bloke in a dress? It was like a sketch from Little Britain.

Haven't seen it nor do I know anything about the program itself. You may be correct.

trailer

Quote from: Mourne Red on July 03, 2023, 09:10:13 AM
https://twitter.com/essexpr/status/1675588462026665985?s=46&t=zMI0pHqP8aYtYYerofczvg

I'm sorry but that's child abuse right there

100%
This trans stuff is losing the run of itself and people will fight back against it. It is nothing more that men seeking sexual gratification.

trailer

Quote from: J70 on July 01, 2023, 03:29:09 PM

Cocks = Fathers
Fannies = Mothers

I haven't made an argument remotely like that.

I'm questioning your (and others) absolute certainty and cynicism.

Personally I don't know either way, but I do know that the lines can be blurred when it comes to biologically determined traits. With intersex people that's anatomically. And if anatomy can be ambiguous, why must gender identity be cut and dried?

Because it is. There's differences everywhere. When people don't have complete sexual organs something has gone wrong. If someone is born without a leg we don't start saying human legs are on a spectrum, we acknowledge that something has gone wrong. Saying Humans have two legs is still correct. If I go to the Doctor and say I can't get pregnant he or she isn't going to run a load of tests on me to find out what's up, but if my wife goes they will run tests and try and find out what the issue. That's a key difference.
That's why I say you are ignoring science.

J70

Can you point me to some of this basic science Trailer?

Because from what I can see, there is a large range of genetic, hormonal and environmental factors which are in play in the formation of one's gender identity, and the jury is very much out on the relative contribution of all those factors, just like it is for many questions in neuroscience. My point in bringing up intersex individuals is that there are so many things that have go right, for lack of a better word, in the biological developmental process, that the end result is not always a neat either/or. And that is just anatomy we are talking about. The way the brain works is far less understood. If you are going to deny the humanity and dignity of trans people en masse and arrogantly dismiss them all as dangerous frauds, you should have some solid ground to stand on.

Windmill abu

Everyone can identify as whatever they want. As long as everyone with male genitalia are kept out of female safe spaces. As regards transgender women taking part in sports, there is nothing stopping them from organising their own transgender category and compete with other transgender athletes
Never underestimate the power of complaining

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on July 03, 2023, 01:10:58 PM

Because from what I can see, there is a large range of genetic, hormonal and environmental factors which are in play in the formation of one's gender identity, and the jury is very much out on the relative contribution of all those factors, just like it is for many questions in neuroscience. My point in bringing up intersex individuals is that there are so many things that have go right, for lack of a better word, in the biological developmental process, that the end result is not always a neat either/or. And that is just anatomy we are talking about. The way the brain works is far less understood. If you are going to deny the humanity and dignity of trans people en masse and arrogantly dismiss them all as dangerous frauds, you should have some solid ground to stand on.
Half of trans women are AGPs who get turned on by pretending to be female. The proportion with some body difference is tiny.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

Would you agree there's two categories of people. Those who can get pregnant and those who can't?

dec

Quote from: trailer on July 03, 2023, 07:30:01 PM

Would you agree there's two categories of people. Those who can get pregnant and those who can't?

There are two categories of people, those who put everyone into two categories and those that don't