Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbller

I haven't heard anything about the East Down infraction.

Lotto

To be fair, there is only one Wobbler and then there is some other guy. Why someone would pick such a close name to another poster is beyond me!

wobbller

Quote from: Lotto on June 05, 2020, 10:48:19 PM
To be fair, there is only one Wobbler and then there is some other guy. Why someone would pick such a close name to another poster is beyond me!
Other guy here! ;D
We await the answer from my cousin thewobbler.

Lotto

Good man  :) He was logged in there but left without a reply, he can't handle the truth  ;D

thewobbler

Ah I can handle the truth lads.

And it's the same thing here as it was when I jumped in a few weeks ago.

The only difference between a couple of men staying fit together, half a dozen men working in a group together on their fitness, and full-on senior club training, is how much someone wants to add to the rumour when it arrives with them.

Lotto

Quote from: thewobbler on June 06, 2020, 12:18:30 AM

The only difference between a couple of men staying fit together, half a dozen men working in a group together on their fitness, and full-on senior club training, is how much someone wants to add to the rumour when it arrives with them.

So it is ok to access Council pitches which are officially closed?

wobbller

The curse of the highly paid Coach strikes again and spoken like a true DUP Politician.
My cousin is now a clown.

thewobbler

Quote from: Lotto on June 06, 2020, 12:31:45 AM

So it is ok to access Council pitches which are officially closed?

Is it okay to presume that a GAA club can somehow prevent its members from doing this (or doing anything)?

thewobbler

Quote from: wobbller on June 06, 2020, 12:41:49 AM

The curse of the highly paid Coach strikes again and spoken like a true DUP Politician.

Ah you see, now you're putting 2 and 3 together and getting a can of vegetable soup for your breakfast. Your response to me calling this out as Chinese whispers, is to add a highly paid mentor to the mix. I'm looking forward to you naming who this person is.

Ballyholland have not been training in any shape or form, at any grade, in either code, since 12th March.

Is that clear enough for you?

Smurfy123

Well said the real wobbler
Same as our lads
How can you stop 6 lads going to a council pitch for a kickabout or some running?
Nothing in the slightest to do with our club
On March 12 our club stopped end of story and it will not return until June 29

maldini

What type of championship do you think there'll be in the 11 week club season?

I read somewhere that there'd be no Ulster and AI club championships this year, is this correct?

thewobbler

Quote from: maldini on June 06, 2020, 11:41:01 AM
What type of championship do you think there'll be in the 11 week club season?

I read somewhere that there'd be no Ulster and AI club championships this year, is this correct?

The balance is in getting players up to championship speed, but also giving enough "championship" games to make the season semi-worthwhile.

I'd suggest dropping the leagues for a year, and instead splitting them in two (geographically if possible), so that 4-5 weeks of "sanctioned, organised friendlies" can take place. With everyone getting at least two home games.

Then round robin groups of 4 for the championships (junior obviously needs a slightly different format), with the top two in each progressing  to the quarters. Round robin matches and quarter finals would be played across the county in neutral venues, but at same time, to minimise the number of people venturing to watch.

By the way the only way this would work is if clubs unequivocally agree to either "next score wins" or a free taking  contest in event of a tie after double extra time.

Week 1: Friendly league week 1
Week 2: Friendly league week 2
Week 3: Friendly league week 3
Week 4: Friendly league week 4
Week 5: friendly league week 5 / bye week
Week 6: Round robin week 1
Week 7: Round robin week 2
Week 8: Round robin week 3
Week 9: championship quarters
Week 10: championship semis
Week 11: championship final

I'd also resist any calls for a "plate" for the bottom 2 in the round robins. A 7 game season is better than no season. Just start planning for next season lads.

Lotto

Quote from: thewobbler on June 06, 2020, 09:46:26 AM
Quote from: wobbller on June 06, 2020, 12:41:49 AM

Ah you see, now you're putting 2 and 3 together and getting a can of vegetable soup for your breakfast. Your response to me calling this out as Chinese whispers, is to add a highly paid mentor to the mix. I'm looking forward to you naming who this person is.

Ballyholland have not been training in any shape or form, at any grade, in either code, since 12th March.

Is that clear enough for you?

You are absolutely wrong there Wobbler. They have been training in Derryleckagh for a few weeks now, jumping the fence to get in. Some lad pops a knee or breaks an arm they are not covered by the GAA insurance never mind the transmission of the infection which can occur. I admire your strong defiance but I know what is going on, whether you choose to admit it or not.

maldini

11 weeks is too short to play a league and championship, but too long to have just a knockout championship were half the clubs would only have one game all year

Decent proposals there

If no league I assume the 2021 championship lineups will be based on the 2019 league positions?

thewobbler

Lotto you seem to be under the impression that is club sanctioned training. Why?

What is it you actually think that a GAA club can do to stop people jumping the fence onto a council property?

If someone who happens to be from Ballyholland smashes their head in Derryleckagh at the minute it's on them. Not the club, not the GAA.

You describe me as "absolutely wrong".  I'm the treasurer of my club. Please don't try to tell me I'm wrong on this one.