Can the Dubs do the 3 in a row?

Started by seafoid, March 28, 2017, 05:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on April 16, 2017, 01:43:42 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on April 16, 2017, 01:31:27 PM
Can't see the Dubs winning 3 in a row. They have the best side but mental tiredness and a lack of hunger will desert them in the latter stages. Very hard to keep going to the well and most of their best players have their best days behind them.
Cluxton made his debut in 2001. Jaysus

You are clutching at straws if you think Cluxton is going anywhere soon. He'll be the Dino Zoff of Dublin football.

Jell 0 Biafra

Only been 4 Dublin keepers in the championship since the 70's.   We don't like too much change at that position.

Fuzzman

Sure the Dubs can play their B team until August like they did in the league. Connolly and Co only need to play a few games in August and September.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 17, 2017, 07:10:39 PM
Sure the Dubs can play their B team until August like they did in the league. Connolly and Co only need to play a few games in August and September.
I highly doubt Dublin management are going to have their key players rusty going into highly competitive games in August and September.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 17, 2017, 08:40:43 PM
I highly doubt Dublin management are going to have their key players rusty going into highly competitive games in August and September.

Beating Longford by 20 points won't take the rust off any player.

Toughest matches they'll see before late August or even the third Sunday in September will be in AvB games. Beyond players attaching prestige to starting for their county and kicking up a fuss Gavin could do exactly what Fuzzman suggests and be just fine.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on April 17, 2017, 08:45:10 PM

Toughest matches they'll see before late August or even the third Sunday in September will be in AvB games. Beyond players attaching prestige to starting for their county and kicking up a fuss Gavin could so exactly what Fuzzman suggests and be just fine.

The only teams Dublin beat by 20 points are the ones that give up after 15 minutes because they know they are horrific defensively.

Beffs

The ritual killing of the Leinster lambs to the slaughter may just do them some good this year, for a change. Their forwards just aren't firing and, it's a bit late in the year to not have a settled line up. Against Kerry, they looked quite leggy and Gavin almost looked out of ideas, to an extent.

Syferus

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 17, 2017, 09:27:12 PM

Toughest matches they'll see before late August or even the third Sunday in September will be in AvB games. Beyond players attaching prestige to starting for their county and kicking up a fuss Gavin could so exactly what Fuzzman suggests and be just fine.

The only teams Dublin beat by 20 points are the ones that give up after 15 minutes because they know they are horrific defensively.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2015/0531/704996-dublin-longford/

Rossfan

Quote from: Beffs on April 17, 2017, 09:37:01 PM
The ritual killing of the Leinster lambs to the slaughter may just do them some good this year, for a change. Their forwards just aren't firing and, it's a bit late in the year to not have a settled line up. Against Kerry, they looked quite leggy and Gavin almost looked out of ideas, to an extent.

Syfīn predicted Dublin would "hockey" Kerry in the League Final.
Now he thinks Dublin won't get a serious game till the AI Final.
Be very afraid Jim Gavin.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on April 16, 2017, 03:24:58 PM
Only been 4 Dublin keepers in the championship since the 70's.   We don't like too much change at that position.

Mayo have had half that amount in last years AI Final!  ;D

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 17, 2017, 11:03:00 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on April 16, 2017, 03:24:58 PM

Mayo have had half that amount in last years AI Final!  ;D

What's this craic about Rochford keeping Kirby but dropping Gibbons about, Bunker? Seems like it's out of the Hennelly for Clarke playbook..

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Syferus on April 17, 2017, 10:19:45 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 17, 2017, 09:27:12 PM

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2015/0531/704996-dublin-longford/
A link to go along with point I was making.  Good point by Beffs I might add also.

Rossfan

Have we another dose of media manipulation?
Diarmuid Connolly interviewed and plastered all over the place.
"I'm a nice chap really" or in other words "Refs  please stop picking on me"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Greenabovethered

Quote from: Rossfan on April 21, 2017, 11:24:11 AM

The cash rich Dublin GAA PR machine in full flow. Irish Times, Irish Independent and Examiner.

Syferus

Quote from: Greenabovethered on April 21, 2017, 12:40:40 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 21, 2017, 11:24:11 AM

The cash rich Dublin GAA PR machine in full flow. Irish Times, Irish Independent and Examiner.

You don't need to pay journos to write about Dublin player interviews..