The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: screenexile on March 14, 2018, 11:29:17 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on March 13, 2018, 10:33:54 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 13, 2018, 10:29:46 PM
The stories about "alleged state doping" aren't credible? Now I know you are on the f**king windup Comrade Esmarelda
One thing you can rest assured of is that I'm not on the wind-up.

Enlighten me on the state-doping story. What have I missed?

Watch Icarus on Netflix . . . it is widely known in every circle now that Russia conducted a State Sponsored doping programme for many years. Read the McLaren report, read up on Dick Pound and check out a few of his interviews.

Also on the USA election interference I'm not saying there was collusion with any of the campaigns (we will wait until Mueller finally reports on his investigation) but you cannot deny the army of Russian bots spewing out propaganda and misinformation throughout the campaign in favour of our orange friend!!

Don't know why you are bothering with that lad

sid waddell

Quote from: Esmarelda on March 13, 2018, 10:28:36 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 13, 2018, 09:41:49 PM
QuoteIt's just that I find a lot of what's said about Russia in the mainstream media isn't credible.

Such as?
How the conflict in Syria is reported, how the Ukraine situation was reported, the alleged state doping, the investigation into the shooting down of MH17, the Sergei Skripal case and basically any time Nikki Haley has a camera in front of her.
Presumably the entirety of the western media has it all wrong about Syria and we should believe "independent" journalists like Eva Bartlett and Vanessa Beeley, who aren't slavish propagandists for Assad and Russia, or anything like that.

Presumably Russia was justified in invading a sovereign country and justified in attempting to poison Yuschenko, or didn't do it at all.

Presumably the Russians didn't shoot down MH17.

Presumably the Russians didn't poison Sergei Skripal or Litvinenko or haven't done all sorts of horrible shit against individuals living outside Russia, and presumably they don't lock up or murder anybody who puts their head above the parapet inside Russia.

Presumably Putin being a very, very, very rich man due to corruption on an industrial scale is all lies.

Putin is just a friendly Russian teddy bear.

Or something.

johnnycool

Quote from: sid waddell on March 14, 2018, 02:23:27 PM
QuoteIt's just that I find a lot of what's said about Russia in the mainstream media isn't credible.

Such as?
How the conflict in Syria is reported, how the Ukraine situation was reported, the alleged state doping, the investigation into the shooting down of MH17, the Sergei Skripal case and basically any time Nikki Haley has a camera in front of her.
Presumably the entirety of the western media has it all wrong about Syria and we should believe "independent" journalists like Eva Bartlett and Vanessa Beeley, who aren't slavish propagandists for Assad and Russia, or anything like that.

Presumably Russia was justified in invading a sovereign country and justified in attempting to poison Yuschenko, or didn't do it at all.

Presumably the Russians didn't poison Sergei Skripal or Litvinenko or haven't done all sorts of horrible shit against individuals living outside Russia, and presumably they don't lock up or murder anybody who puts their head above the parapet inside Russia.

Presumably Putin being a very, very, very rich man due to corruption on an industrial scale is all lies.

Or something.

That's all probably true, but be under no illusions that the CIA and MI5 are up to similar tricks but the western media aren't reporting it.

The CIA were poisoning water supplies in latin America back in the 70's and 80's FFS

Have a look;

https://williamblum.org/books/killing-hope/

Esmarelda

Such as?

Or something.
In your last couple of posts you've done quite a bit of alleging and presuming. If you're happy with what you've learned and where you've learned it then presume away. I prefer to hear different views on it and people's reasons for them.

seafoid

McCain slams Trump's CIA pick: She was involved in "one of darkest chapters in American history" (link: http://hill.cm/ZxDFPHx) hill.cm/ZxDFPHx
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

sid waddell

Quote from: johnnycool on March 14, 2018, 02:29:43 PM

Such as?

Or something.

That's all probably true, but be under no illusions that the CIA and MI5 are up to similar tricks but the western media aren't reporting it.

The CIA were poisoning water supplies in latin America back in the 70's and 80's FFS

Have a look;

If you're looking for somebody to defend the CIA, MI5, and US and British foreign policy, you should look elsewhere.

johnnycool

Quote from: sid waddell on March 14, 2018, 03:02:29 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 14, 2018, 02:29:43 PM

Such as?

Or something.

Have a look;

If you're looking for somebody to defend the CIA, MI5, and US and British foreign policy, you should look elsewhere.

I'm not and neither am I defending Russia.

Just stating the obvious as high level politics as someone called it on the radio this morning is a very dirty business.

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/14/pennsylvania-special-election-too-close-to-call-saccone-lamb-trump

Some voters cast their ballot based on Trump. Outside a polling place in Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, Joe Morgan told the Guardian: "I approve of the way the president is trying to put the country in a better spot and I think voting Republican will help him do that."

In contrast, another voter, Paul Kane, told the Guardian he voted for Lamb because "Trump's an asshole".

sid waddell

Quote from: Esmarelda on March 14, 2018, 02:48:09 PM

Such as?

Or something.
In your last couple of posts you've done quite a bit of alleging and presuming. If you're happy with what you've learned and where you've learned it then presume away. I prefer to hear different views on it and people's reasons for them.

What sort of "views" lead you to believe what you appear to believe about Russia and Putin?

Esmarelda

Quote from: sid waddell on March 14, 2018, 03:07:46 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on March 14, 2018, 02:48:09 PM

Such as?

Or something.

What sort of "views" lead you to believe what you appear to believe about Russia and Putin?
I didn't say I believed anything. It seems a lot of posters think that only firm views should be held on some issues and such view should be challenged aggressively. No place for open discussion, despite it being a discussion board. Check out Gabriel Hurl's past couple of contributions for example.

I'm interested in how US/Russian relations are and how they're played out in the media, both here and elsewhere, and I like to discuss them.

Denn Forever

Quote from: seafoid on March 14, 2018, 04:07:51 PM

Cue huge protests

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/taoiseach-leo-varadkar-i-will-invite-donald-trump-to-visit-ireland-36705148.html

Invite him but let everybody be washing their hair that day.  Don't give a narcacist the attrntion he craves.  Or everybody take a knee.

He will count the people who protest as his audience.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 14, 2018, 05:04:44 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 14, 2018, 04:07:51 PM

Cue huge protests

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/taoiseach-leo-varadkar-i-will-invite-donald-trump-to-visit-ireland-36705148.html

Invite him but let everybody be washing their hair that day.  Don't give a narcacist the attrntion he craves.  Or everybody take a knee.

He will count the people who protest as his audience.
He hasn't appointed an Irish ambassador

omochain