American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Thought Rod Woodson was outstanding for the Beeb a few years back. Hopefully he's gone on to bigger things

deiseach

Speaking of going on to better things, I think the cowboy from The Big Lebowski has gone backwards

AZOffaly

Virgil Earp doing the player introductions :D Hang on, Tombstone is in Arizona :D

Minder

Quote from: deiseach on February 06, 2011, 11:08:42 PM
Thought Rod Woodson was outstanding for the Beeb a few years back. Hopefully he's gone on to bigger things

He has actually got a pretty good gig on NFL network for the last few years.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

deiseach

Oh God. Christina Aguilera doing the na-ah-ah-AHHHH-tional ah-ah-AAAAAAHHHHH-[. . .]nthem. My irony gland is going to rupture.

AZOffaly

Tomlin looks like he's going to hit someone :D

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 06, 2011, 10:22:47 PM
I'll say if the over/under is 45, and it's over, then the Packers win. Under, and I think the Steelers win.

English, please! That's what I hate about American sports. Just when I think I understand them - and I do try, I really invest a lot of time in baseball - I read something like this and go . . . wha'?

Declan

Jaysus this faux patriotism does my head in and then we get GWB smirking -just play the bleedin game

ross4life

Christina has a fine pair of lungs on her
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Orior

Thankfully, she didnt do anything dirrrrty.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Minder

Quote from: deiseach on February 06, 2011, 11:21:48 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 06, 2011, 10:22:47 PM
I'll say if the over/under is 45, and it's over, then the Packers win. Under, and I think the Steelers win.

English, please! That's what I hate about American sports. Just when I think I understand them - and I do try, I really invest a lot of time in baseball - I read something like this and go . . . wha'?

More than 45 pts in the game = "over", less than 45 pts = "under"
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: ross4life on February 06, 2011, 11:24:13 PM
Christina has a fine pair of lungs on her

She's a pain in the hole, and coincidentally it sounds like she has a pain in the hole.

Declan

QuoteChristina has a fine pair of lungs on her
A career from screeching - unreal

The Real Laoislad

Bit shite that no one in the stadium sings along with the anthem.
Christina has turned into a dog btw
You'll Never Walk Alone.