American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

thejuice

Rooney and Cowen sitting together. Was that in Tallaght stadium?? Looked like a flag game going on. Must have been the Shamrock bowl.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Galwaybhoy

Poor Cutler getting it from all sides it seems!  Fans and players thinking he bottled it and looked for excuses to leave the game.  Some twitter comments from other players seem to think he should have been able to play on.  Don't think thats very fair especially them not knowing how bad the injury was.

Puckoon

I was wondering about cutler myself, and the commentators kept reiterating that cutler couldn't remember when he got hurt.

thejuice

Jets needed that,

and now some more of that
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: Puckoon on January 24, 2011, 01:40:09 AM
I was wondering about cutler myself, and the commentators kept reiterating that cutler couldn't remember when he got hurt.

I'm certainly not his biggest fan.  Still a bit bitter over the whole fiasco in Denver.  But for other players to publicly question his commitment without knowing the severity of his knee injury is wrong.

Just saw a picture of Bears fans either trying to cut up or set alight a Jersey with Cutler on the back.  Some fans.  ::)

anportmorforjfc

Galwaybhoy

Steelers getting the ball back already.

Think the Jets fell to far behind to pull off this comeback.  Needed something from that drive yet couldn't get a first down.

Puckoon

1 yard to score and they called the stupidest series of plays I have ever seen. WTF jets.

Galwaybhoy

Safety.  We have a game on our hands folks!

The Claw

Quote from: Puckoon on January 24, 2011, 02:24:24 AM
1 yard to score and they called the stupidest series of plays I have ever seen. WTF jets.
Totally agree Puck, moronic playcalling from Shottenheimer

Galwaybhoy

The Superbowl I wanted to see before tonights games.

Steelers vs Packers.

It should be a cracker.

The Claw

It has been a great year for the Jets. Devastating loss tonight but a great year.

mc_grens

Quote from: thejuice on January 24, 2011, 01:29:24 AM
Rooney and Cowen sitting together. Was that in Tallaght stadium?? Looked like a flag game going on. Must have been the Shamrock bowl.

Nope, I dont think that was the Shamrock Bowl, I was there and neither Cowen nor Rooney attended. I think that was last year. The staff of the embassy and some of the Marines etc. played a game of flag football for Thanksgiving, on the Saturday before it. I'd be friendly with some of them and was asked to play. However I was in Derry for that weekend.