American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

anportmorforjfc

Just need Falcons to beat Seattle now and 49ers are still in the division!

J70

Amazing fourth quarter passing/rushing tour de force by Vick. Three touch downs in six minutes have Eagles level at 31 apiece, just over a minute to go.

J70

Holy f**k!!! Eagles return punt with no time left to score touchdown and win 38-31!

Giants were 31-10 up halfway through the fourth quarter! :o

ONeill

Chiefs 9-5

Home to Titans (6-8)
Home to Raiders (6-7)

Chargers 8-6

Away to Bengals (3-11)
Away to Broncos (3-10)

The Iceman

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2010, 09:22:36 PM
Holy f**k!!! Eagles return punt with no time left to score touchdown and win 38-31!

Unreal come back there.
Can't believe it. Everybody roaring at the TV in my house.
DeSean Jackson with that dirty joe show boat move on his way to the touchdown was very disrespectful i thought.....
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

ONeill

Puckoon

Ole Puck picked a parlay for the first time in a few months. Raiders game over 41, Jets game over 36, Patriots game over 43.5 and Packers +14. 20$ = 220$.  ;D

Merry Christmas!

deiseach

Quote from: The Iceman on December 19, 2010, 11:47:59 PM
DeSean Jackson with that dirty joe show boat move on his way to the touchdown was very disrespectful i thought.....

If I were his coach I'd beat the living tar out of him. What if he had dropped the ball before getting it into the endzone? I know it's not likely, but I guarantee you every Eagles fans was shrieking "WTF!!!" at him

mc_grens

Quote from: deiseach on December 20, 2010, 10:24:43 AM

If I were his coach I'd beat the living tar out of him. What if he had dropped the ball before getting it into the endzone? I know it's not likely, but I guarantee you every Eagles fans was shrieking "WTF!!!" at him

On the subject of a coach eating his players, did you see Coughlan chewing out his Pinter for not just punting the ball straight out of bounds.

magpie seanie

Quote from: mc_grens on December 20, 2010, 11:20:57 AM
Quote from: deiseach on December 20, 2010, 10:24:43 AM

On the subject of a coach eating his players, did you see Coughlan chewing out his Pinter for not just punting the ball straight out of bounds.

Well if the punter was told to kick it out of bounds and didn't he should be fired. If he wasn't told to kick it out of bounds the special teams guy and/or Coughlin should be fired.

Capt Pat

Quote from: ONeill on December 19, 2010, 11:14:33 PM
Chiefs 9-5

Home to Titans (6-8)
Home to Raiders (6-7)

Chargers 8-6

Away to Bengals (3-11)
Away to Broncos (3-10)

Chargers are playing well now, but the Chiefs could easily win those 2 games and stay ahead. The playoffs would be without the Chargers, Cowboys, Vikings and maybe even Packers. All I feel are a lot better than the chiefs or Bears but have not been their usual selves this year for some reason. All could have been super bowl contenders.

Capt Pat

Quote from: J70 on December 19, 2010, 09:22:36 PM

Unreal come back there.
Can't believe it. Everybody roaring at the TV in my house.

I thought it was ok, he was just running down the clock making sure the Giants had no time to reply.

GalwayBayBoy

Anyone see the Pats OL Dan Connolly's 71 yard return last night. He nearly made it all the way. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtufeJDGk28

thejuice

Its weekends like that, that make me wish I had Sky again. Some key results with Eagles taking control of their division, the Giants are still in the running though but the packers might scupper them next week.

The Saints have lost ground on the Falcons which means we've claimed a play-off spot but we'll need to be New Orleans at home to secure home field advantage. The Falcons best hopes for a Superbowl run are if they get to stay in the Georgia Dome.

The Jets have kept their season alive with an unlikely result against the Steelers. The Jags are depending on the Colts to stumble, The Raiders need a slight miracle, San Diego's destiny is in the Chiefs hands.

Its amazing to see the Rams in the play-off charts despite having a losing record and can finish 8-8 at best but the NFC west is quite frankly the worst bunch of teams that I've seen in a long time. I suppose the NFC south had that title in the 90's but there's a good chance a 3rd Superbowl  will end up in the NFC south this season.

And it just.............might be my Falcons!!!  :)

PS: were SKY showing 3 live games or 2 games and NFL RedZone??
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016