American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

The only game that i recall that Campbell stepped up when the pressure was on was when the Skins won on their last ever visit to Texas Stadium,not a bad one to do it in though.He always seemed to panic when the game was on the line.McNabb has been getting nailed left right and centre,Trent Williams and Jamaal Brown being badly affected by injuries and how Casey Rabach is still there i don't know.The offensive line as you say is a mess.Shanahan has a big job ahead of him this off season.

J70

Jets (and Sanchez!) would want to wake up fast here or the game will be out of reach by the end of the first quarter! That said, they just got a great sack on Brady!!

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

Quote from: J70 on December 07, 2010, 02:18:14 AM
Jets (and Sanchez!) would want to wake up fast here or the game will be out of reach by the end of the first quarter! That said, they just got a great sack on Brady!!

The Jets stayed aseep. 45-3 to the Pats.

mc_grens

Quote from: Capt Pat on December 07, 2010, 08:55:35 AM
Quote from: J70 on December 07, 2010, 02:18:14 AM

The Jets stayed aseep. 45-3 to the Pats.

Very impressed with the Pats. It took them a week or two to find their offensive stride when Moss left (the corresponding dip in Brady and Welker's production probably costing me a shot at the playoffs), but they've looked just like the Superbowl winning Pats of the early decade on offense of late.

The D has improved with every game too, probably as Belichek (sp) has coached up the younger players.

anportmorforjfc

Good to see the overrated jets beat.

gawa316

Great result for the Raiders, they definitely are the proverbial jeklly and hyde, either shit hot or just shit.

Bronco's are awful on their day which seems to be most days. I'm going to the game in a couple of weeks between the 2. Raiders should have too much for them but you never can tell with either team!

magpie seanie

Josh McDaniels deserved the road. He did some terrible trades (with the exception of the Cutler/Orton one but lets face it - he just got lucky with that one) and he wasted a high draft pick on Tebow when they badly needed strengthening elsewhere.

Amazing that the Vikes keep starting Favre. They must hate Tavaris. I hope the old guy is still there when the Bears go up against them in a couple of weeks.

ONeill

Looking forward to the game tonight. Win or bust for the Chargers. Chiefs hard to score against. Another slow start and it's lights out for the season for SD.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mc_grens

The Metrodome roof has collapsed in Minnesota!

anportmorforjfc

Huge game for the niners, a lose and can't make the playoffs and a win and there right back in the thick of it. Hope both the niners and chargers win to set up a great Thursday night game.

mc_grens

Quote from: ONeill on December 12, 2010, 12:01:06 PM
Looking forward to the game tonight. Win or bust for the Chargers. Chiefs hard to score against. Another slow start and it's lights out for the season for SD.

Same here, and to make it even better I just found out that Gus Johnson is commentating on the game. The Law Of Gus is in play!!!

J70

What about the Knicks? Eight wins in a row, 12 wins in last 13 (albeit against a lot of poor teams). Just beat the Denver Nuggets however, with Amare Stoudemire having his eighth 30+ point game in a row!

Its early days and some very tough games coming up this week, but who the hell would have predicted the dismal Knicks of the past decade showing this form, especially after missing out on LeBron back in the summer!

mc_grens

Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2010, 07:47:57 PM
What about the Knicks? Eight wins in a row, 12 wins in last 13 (albeit against a lot of poor teams). Just beat the Denver Nuggets however, with Amare Stoudemire having his eighth 30+ point game in a row!

Its early days and some very tough games coming up this week, but who the hell would have predicted the dismal Knicks of the past decade showing this form, especially after missing out on LeBron back in the summer!
They did miss out on Le Bron, but they got Stoudamire. If he goes down (not beyond the bounds of possibility given that he's made of glass), they're screwed. Their schedule through that streak has been fairly kind I think.

I'm sorry- can't ever bring myself to like the Knicks. I'm absolutely loving Derek Rose though.

David McKeown

Quote from: mc_grens on December 12, 2010, 01:50:52 PM
The Metrodome roof has collapsed in Minnesota!

That was crazy, I have stood in the area where the snow fell before as the stadium is used regularly for other events, very lucky they didnt try and push ahead with the game or someone would have been very badly injured at least
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner