American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

Merriman is still in his prime. A couple of years ago he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Minder

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 03, 2010, 09:22:54 PM
Merriman is still in his prime. A couple of years ago he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Too many injuries to be the same player, hasn't been te same since he fucked his knee (and hasn't been on the roids)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mc_grens

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 03, 2010, 09:04:13 PM
Tennessee Titans pick up Randy Moss off waivers. It'll be interesting to see if Fisher can handle him.

Also another headcase, Shawn Merriman was signed by the Bills after beign waived by the Chargers.

The Titans were the only team who claimed him. That should send him a very loud and clear message that he needs to have a quiet, productive second half of the season if he wants to get paid in Free Agency.

AZOffaly

I wonder if we all did our power rankings (basically rank the NFL teams in what you consider the best order rather than according to record) what would they look like. The criteria basically boils down to... based on what you've seen this year so far, and the problems or strengths each team has, would you bet on team A to beat team B on a neutral field. You'd be saying that your #1 ranked team would beat every team below them more times than they'd lose to them. Start from #32 and work up.

#32 Arizona Cardinals
#31 San Francisco 49ers
#30 Carolina Panthers
#29 Cleveland Browns
#28 Denver Broncos
#27 Buffalo Bills
#26 Seattle Seahawks
#25 Oakland Raiders
#24 Dallas Cowboys
#23 Saint Louis Rams
#23 Chicago Bears
#21 Detroit Lions
#20 Cincinnati Bengals
#19 San Diego Chargers
#18 Washington Redskins
#17 Jacksonville Jaguars
#16 Minnesota Vikings
#15 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
#14 New York Giants
#13 New Orleans Saints
#12 Miami Dolphins
#11 Atlanta Falcons
#10 Kansas City Chiefs
#09 Houston Texans
#08 Tennessee Titans
#07 New York Jets
#06 Green Bay Packers
#05 Philadelphia Eagles
#04 Indianapolis Colts
#03 Pittsburgh Steelers
#02 New England Patriots
#01 Baltimore Ravens

anportmorforjfc

Cardinals #32 because of the QB situation and how bad they have been performing? I think they could beat maybe 10 of them teams more times than not!

Minder

AZOffaly

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on November 05, 2010, 09:20:21 AM
Cardinals #32 because of the QB situation and how bad they have been performing? I think they could beat maybe 10 of them teams more times than not!

Cardinals at 32 because right now I think they wouldn't beat eggs. They're fumbling, muffing punts, throwing interceptions and giving up big points tallies.

If they had a decent QB, not a Kurt Warner, but even an Alex Smith, I reckon they'd be about 25.

As for the Bills, they are the unluckiest winless team I've seen. They've just taken the Ravens and the Chiefs to overtime on the road. They've lost to the Dolphins by 5 and the Patriots on the road by 8. I don't think too many people around that number would have those results.

anportmorforjfc

I know the 49ers have been a mess but 31 is a bit low IMO. Lost to your num 5, 11 and 13 by 3 points or less. Haven't turned the ball over in 3 straight games. They just don't have the ability to close out games.

AZOffaly

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on November 05, 2010, 10:01:38 AM
I know the 49ers have been a mess but 31 is a bit low IMO. Lost to your num 5, 11 and 13 by 3 points or less. Haven't turned the ball over in 3 straight games. They just don't have the ability to close out games.

I'd be willing to move the niners up if they prove they can win games. Last week was a start. I just think Singletary is losing it/has lost it. I also don't trust Troy Smith yet.

the Deel Rover

i think the giants are better than 14
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Who would you put them ahead of? Lets see yer rankings :)

Minder

# 32 Bills
# 31 Panthers
# 30 Niners
# 29 Broncos
# 28 Cardinals
# 27 Browns
# 26 Lions
# 25 Cowboys
# 24 Bengals
# 23 Rams
# 22 Jags
# 21 Seahawks
# 20 Vikings
# 19 Redskins
# 18 Raiders
# 17 Bears
# 16 Chargers
# 15 Bucs
# 14 Texans
# 13 Chiefs
# 12 Eagles
# 11 Saints
# 10 Packers
# 9 Falcons
# 8 Titans
# 7 Jets
# 6 Giants
# 5 Colts
# 4 Ravens
# 3 Steelers
# 2 Patriots

I forgot about the Dolphins, put them in at about 13 and Pats are #1.   

mc_grens

If San Diego make the playoffs Rivers HAS to be MVP, he has absolutely nobody to throw to, a mediocre D, and a Special Teams that is dropping him in a hole every single week, and he is playing absolutely LIGHTS OUT.

Unbelieveable today. He's making everyone around him so much better.

ONeill

Chargers have 5 blocked punts this season. That's the same as every other team combined.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

Detroit giving the Jets there fill of it! Turnovers proving costly. 
13 10