American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Chargers are fairly shit on the road this year. They should be hammering sides like the Raiders.

Capt Pat

Rivers has nearly 300 yards passing in the first half, that is incredible.

ONeill

Their defence seems to be easy to penetrate when the throw has been made. Run at the Chargers and you've a good chance of making serious ground. Also, they appear to incur an awful lot of penalties for silly things like running out of time on a Down.

ONeill

Sky Sports commentators don't seem to know the rules.

ONeill

3 mins for the Chargers to save the game.

Capt Pat

Chargers really messed up on stupid plays in that game, blocked punts, fumbles recovered for touchdowns etc. They did a lot of the work for Oakland.

Capt Pat

49 ers are falling apart after a good start. Rookie Brandon Graham forced a fumble from Alex Smith that was returned for a touchdown to put the Eagles in control in the fourth quarter.

The crowd are booing and chanting for Carr. I felt Sean Hill was a better player than smity, he may not have the natural talent but he knowshow to play and win a game.

Capt Pat

That turned around pretty quickly. After a row with Singletary Smith retakes the field and combining with Davis drives the ball down the field for a td. They should have been throwing to Davis all night.

Puckoon

Number 19 in the nation in the AP poll after a sloppy win against San Jose. Setting up nicely for a big showdown with Boise the day after thanksgiving.

The trailerhome has been rented and a full day of festivities at the tail gate planned. Only concern know is that the tickets next to mine are going for 1000$ on stubhub.com already. Im thinking if someone wants to pay me $2000 they can take the tickets and I will watch it on the tv in the trailer!

lurganblue

whats happening the saints this year.  every game has been very close. some they have just managed to scrape a win and some they have blown in the last quarter. Reggie bush is obviously a big loss but i expected more.

No stand out teams as of yet really.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: lurganblue on October 11, 2010, 04:57:51 PM
whats happening the saints this year.  every game has been very close. some they have just managed to scrape a win and some they have blown in the last quarter. Reggie bush is obviously a big loss but i expected more.

Their defence is not really that great but last year they were making big plays which helped them win some games. They haven't really managed that so far this season.

Minder

Quote from: lurganblue on October 11, 2010, 04:57:51 PM

No stand out teams as of yet really.

First time in 40 years there is no 4-0 team.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

45 minute rain delay to the Viking Jets game, it will be a long night.