American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

This Giants/Bears game is just flat out ugly.

Bears have been sacked nine times in the first half

Capt Pat

Giants win 17-3. Very good defensive play from both teams, but the Bears offensive line is terrible. How did the Bears manage to beat The Cowboys and Packers???

mc_grens

KC chiefs now the only undefeated team in the league...

D'you think they'll rest their starters in week 17?

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 04, 2010, 04:38:56 AM
Giants win 17-3. Very good defensive play from both teams, but the Bears offensive line is terrible. How did the Bears manage to beat The Cowboys and Packers???

They played better, Packers had 15 or 17 penalties, Cowboys are still not "clicking"
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Club Rossa

I would think that Bears o-line coach Mike Tice will have some explaining to do today!
Giants tore them apart while Cutler didn't seem to realise that the best thing to do was to get rid of the football.

magpie seanie

For one of the sacks they has Greg Olsen, a tight end known mainly for his receptions, blocking Osi Umenyiora! Like that's going to work!

So 2 QB's bashed up it could be that 3rd string guy Caleb Hanie leads the offence next week.

I was actually hoping the Bears would get to punt on each possession as I felt there was more chance of the defense getting a score than the offense! Terrible, terrible offensive line and unlike in Dallas they didn't make any telling adjustments to help matters.

RealSpiritof98

49ers 14-0 up and beat 14-16, dire straights at the min, good thing the giants are in the post season.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 04, 2010, 08:09:30 PM
49ers 14-0 up and beat 14-16, dire straights at the min, good thing the giants are in the post season.

Gutted after that loss last night. Have completely lost faith in that team with Smith at QB. Still only 2 games back in the division somehow so a win on SNF against the eagles - (minus Michael Vick?) could spark something (with an easier schedule coming up) but I'm not holding out any hope.

RedBolts

Is there no college football on ESPN America this weekend, because they're showing baseball?

David McKeown

Anybody notice the name of the team leading the skysports fantasy NFL draft was given during Sundays game there as Meath and the managers name was supposed to be Sean Boylan, no guarantee the names even right mind but made me chuckle about how good a manager the man must be
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

the Deel Rover

Quote from: David McKeown on October 05, 2010, 04:39:48 PM
Anybody notice the name of the team leading the skysports fantasy NFL draft was given during Sundays game there as Meath and the managers name was supposed to be Sean Boylan, no guarantee the names even right mind but made me chuckle about how good a manager the man must be

i had noticed the meath was leading allright didbn't catch the managers name though
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Gabriel_Hurl

Randy Moss back to the Vikings is pretty much a done deal tonight apparently.

johnneycool

well will the Red Sox owners get their hands on team Liverpool or will Hicks and Gilette hold onto their 'investment'??

David McKeown

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 06, 2010, 01:22:33 AM

Glad to see it, I starting supporting the Vikings around the time Moss was drafted and his name adorns the only NFL top I own.  Will be useful for the Vikings to as Berrian had what 3 catches through the two defeats and two of Favre's interceptions came of throws that he should have at least challenged for in the Dolphins game.  In the absence of Rice the Vikings really do need someone who can open up the field, Berrian can't and Harvin whilst good isnt that sort of player.  That said the presence of Moss may take away from AP's game was has been back toward its best this season
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

mc_grens

Quote from: David McKeown on October 06, 2010, 11:33:19 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on October 06, 2010, 01:22:33 AM

Glad to see it, I starting supporting the Vikings around the time Moss was drafted and his name adorns the only NFL top I own.  Will be useful for the Vikings to as Berrian had what 3 catches through the two defeats and two of Favre's interceptions came of throws that he should have at least challenged for in the Dolphins game.  In the absence of Rice the Vikings really do need someone who can open up the field, Berrian can't and Harvin whilst good isnt that sort of player.  That said the presence of Moss may take away from AP's game was has been back toward its best this season

3rd round pick.