American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Quote from: Capt Pat on September 10, 2010, 03:29:20 AM
Saints are leading 14-9 with 5 minutes to go in the third quarter, this game has been a bit of a grinder. Saints have missed a field goal and the Vikings an extra point.

Was worried the Vikings would get blown away tonight with a very patched up secondary but so far I was impressed enough with the defence.  Still think the Saints will pull away this half though
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Capt Pat

The Vikings still have hope the defense is holding up well.

Club Rossa

Favre didn't look right last night,clearly has a bit to go to get up to his high standard again.Will be great to see the football back on channel 4 on Sunday nights,and a great rivalry with the Redskins and Cowboys to get us started this weekend.

the Deel Rover

whats the story about reggie bush and the heissman trophy heard the commentators going on about it during the match last night but don't know what he was refering to
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

mc_grens

Bush might be losing his Heismann because all of USC's dirty laundry in terms of payment of players etc has been aired this summer.

Bush is the best known player involved and the pressure is building for the Heismann people to ask for their trophy back.

AZOffaly

What he said,. Tha NCAA have already banned USC from the post season for the next two years (no bowl games) and cut the number of scholarships they can give out (hurts recruiting).

Bush has been held up as an example of the illegal payments and violations that took place under Pete Carrolls watch. His Heisman probably will be taken off him. so the question is what will they do with it? Give it to Vince Young, runner up that year, or leave it void.

AZOffaly

Notre Dame - Michigan is on Eurosport 2 now if you are interested.

the Deel Rover

Great stuff az . Was oj ever stripped of his heissman award
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Minder

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 11, 2010, 09:04:40 PM

Why would he have been stripped of it. He was found innocent in a court of law. ;)
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Quote from: Minder on September 11, 2010, 09:06:41 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 11, 2010, 09:04:40 PM

Why would he have been stripped of it. He was found innocent in a court of law. ;)

He was later found guilty of armed robbery and is currently doing time I believe.

anportmorforjfc

Anybody know any sites where i could watch the baseball? Giants at padres!

AZOffaly

Notre Dame in big trouble against Michigan here. 14-7 down, and their starting QB (Who had been doing well) is knocked out of the game with concussion it looks like.

In a blast from the past though, their QB is a lad by the name of Nate Montana, a walk on and son of quite a famous father. :D

wicked

Great finish to the Notre Dame-Michigan game, even though I dislike Michigan, Michigan's quarterback is very talented and had one heck of a game. I guess you'd say he was in good form.

magpie seanie

Watched a good bit of the ND/Michigan game last night. Thought when the qb called Montana was wearing 16 there was some link alright. The Michigan qb was unreal. Running, throwing, even kicking!

mc_grens

The Pats offence looks fan-Davy-dosy already. Cincinnati is a good D and they just had NO answer