American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

No Idea...just heard the 7 point favorites on the radio this morning.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

mc_grens

Lakers are the logical choice here, but something in the back of my head keeps whispering "Celtics".

I'm taking Boston's superior heart to win out.

Gabriel_Hurl

I've backed the wrong team every game this series except Game 6 - so I'm going for 2 in a row

Lakers to take it  :D

Gabriel_Hurl

Its a low scoring game - but by fcuk it's a cracker

Tyrones own

Big baby's having a stormer :o...too bad Allen didn't
Come out to play :(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

mc_grens

That was class. My favourite two words in Basketball: Game Seven.

Look again how close Rondo was to making that steal with 13.5 secs left, the margins are so slim in a good seven game series.

thejuice

I know its a few pages back but I heard those statistics on an NFL radio show.

I think another big factor for NFL players is medical bills. I've heard quite a few stories of players who have to spend over $100,000 a year on medical bills, i.e. treatment, surgery, medication(mostly painkillers).
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Iceman

A sad end to the Series for Celtics fans but a great defensive display by both teams and one of the most exciting series in years IMO.
The Lakers won the game last night deservedly with Kobe taking a back seat on the scoreboard but making a ridiculous amount of rebounds  -15!!! Some great use of the clock and awareness displayed by the Lakers in the last few minutes.

For me the deciding factor in the series was Ray Allen.  He showed up to play only one game out of seven.  Losing Perkins was a big blow to the Celtics also but the majority of them can hold their heads up high after a memorable year.

Rhondo was the standout on the team.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Carmen Stateside

Thought Artest was the standout player last night and has played well throughout the playoffs, tough as nails and came up with some great baskets last night.
Agree that Perkins was a big loss but Rasheed played well in his place, but they then missed him coming off the bench.

stew

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 18, 2010, 02:33:44 PM
Thought Artest was the standout player last night and has played well throughout the playoffs, tough as nails and came up with some great baskets last night.
Agree that Perkins was a big loss but Rasheed played well in his place, but they then missed him coming off the bench.

Feckit anyway. Bryant is brilliant and that was a great defensive game up until the last six minutes, some unbelievable baskets made down the stretch, compelling viewing altogether, this series has made the NBA relevant again.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Puckoon

Thought Artest was the standout player last night and has played well throughout the playoffs, tough as nails and came up with some great baskets last night. Agree that Perkins was a big loss but Rasheed played well in his place, but they then missed him coming off the bench.

By a country mile!

Did you hear him thanking his psychiatrist? :D

Capt Pat

In America everybody has a shrink.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Puckoon on June 18, 2010, 05:42:55 PM
Thought Artest was the standout player last night and has played well throughout the playoffs, tough as nails and came up with some great baskets last night. Agree that Perkins was a big loss but Rasheed played well in his place, but they then missed him coming off the bench.

By a country mile!

Did you hear him thanking his psychiatrist? :D

Yeah, it all seemed a bit much for him  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMCeZK3OiKM

Carmen Stateside

Tonights the big night for the NBA free agents.  Le Bron, Wade and Bosh have all been mentioned going to Miami together, but cant see it.
Can see Le Bron either staying in Cleveland or going to Chicago, would love if he chose the Knicks but they will have to be happy with Stoudimire and Johnson and make ago for Anthony or Chris Paul next year.
Wade will stay in Miami and Bosh will join him in Miami or he will go join Le bron.
In fairness anything could happen, and the money that is going to be spent on the top 5 or 6 is going to be crazy.

Minder

Read yesterday that Mark Brunell is bankrupt, and has made close to $50m in the NFL.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"