American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: The Iceman on June 03, 2010, 08:21:10 PM
Pippen was the best defensive player I have ever seen and he could turn it on offensively too and change a game.
Jordan was and still is the best there was IMO.  His all round game was fantastic and offensively he still could not be stopped by Pippen.
Try to watch Jordan coming out of retirement (15 months off from the game) to play in a Scottie Pippen charity game (can't remember what it was for). Fantastic battle and Jordan dominated - joy to watch.

Looking forward to Game 1 tonight.
Lets go Boston!!!

Haha - Kobe=Stud.

Lakers in 6.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: gerry on June 04, 2010, 02:03:25 AM
Listening to the radio tonight and you lads taken this perfect game to serious

too serious??? it's only happened 20 times in over 100 years - it's one of the rarest things in sports

stew

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 04, 2010, 05:41:26 PM

too serious??? it's only happened 20 times in over 100 years - it's one of the rarest things in sports

Not even close, Fermanagh winning the Ulster is far more rare than that. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

magickingdom

your wrong there, its a huge achievement...

magickingdom

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on June 03, 2010, 02:26:23 AM
Unreal scenes in Detroit were one of the Tigers pitchers has just been denied a complete game in the final out by a terrible and wrong umpire call.  This will cause big scene. Think the lad pitching is only 20/21 years of age.  :o

any link to that carmen?

mc_grens

HUGE games from Rondo and Jesus Shuttlesworth last night. 1-1, this could go 7 very easily, I see the teams coming back to LA with Boston up 3-2.

heganboy

Jesus couldnt miss yesterday- 8 threes unreal.

when Kobe mad the steal and the three at the end of the half I thought that LA would pull away, but no, great game great series...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Club Rossa

Huge win for the Celtics especially after their game 1 performance when the Lakers ran over the top of them.

stew

If Boston wins game five it is over, Boston are the better team I think, Pirece and garnett had stinkers by their standards and Rondo and Ray Allen were sublime, Boston are smart and they have one of the  best players the NBA has ever seen in  ability to find an open spot on the  floor in Allen, Miller was brilliant but Allen is even better than the knick killer in that regard.

The Iceman

Celtics and Allen in particular were a class act last night. In fairness I did think that the Lakers were going to steel it at the end but Boston pulled away with a well deserved win.  Great series so far. Loving it.
Made up for Armagh's poor performance at the weekend - at least one of my teams got a result!
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

stew

Quote from: The Iceman on June 07, 2010, 04:59:20 PM
Celtics and Allen in particular were a class act last night. In fairness I did think that the Lakers were going to steel it at the end but Boston pulled away with a well deserved win.  Great series so far. Loving it.
Made up for Armagh's poor performance at the weekend - at least one of my teams got a result!

I thought Rondo was just as big as Allen, he is a fantastic point guard, he is incredibly quick and he has as almost as many triple doubles in post season play as he does in regular seaon play, that is an incredible stat as the regular season has 82 games in it.

The big three wanted him traded last year, he is the future of the franchise and they now realise they were dead wrong, probably why players need to leave personnel decisions to the coaches and GM's.

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Tyrones own

Some attrocious calls going against Boston here >:(
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

The Iceman

It was a rough game but if Allen decides to show up on Thursday night Boston can level it again and go on to win this in LA.
Garrett had a fantastic game but Kobe was on form as usual (3Q's at least) and Fischer (sp) really stepped up for the Lakers in Q4 and made it happen.
Boston was there or there abouts most of the game but when Allen missed the 3 with a minute and half to go when the game was 85 - 80 (approx) it was all over.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight