American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: mc_grens on May 08, 2010, 11:51:05 PM
He's already released a denial. Joke.

Anybody watching NBA playoffs? LeBron unbelievable last night.

Im hoping for Nash to finally get a title since my Bulls are gone.

Le Bron James will probably go down as one of the top five players of al time by the time he is done, he is that good.

Nice response by the Celtics though, Rondo made leBron look average at times in game four, I never thought I would see that, not only that but the big three wanted him run outta town two years ago, now he is the best player on the Celtics, he is unbelievably quick.

C'mon Celtics, keep the cavs winless in world championships and get LeBron to Noo York were he belongs.  :-\
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Oraisteach

Ah, Stew.

Can't believe you say that.

It's like saying c'mon Down, beat Armagh, and away off to Dublin, Stevie, where you belong.

Sure, aren't we in Cleveland the Armagh of American sports. Years without a championship.  :-*

C'mon, LeBron, you home-grown Ohioan, slap it into those Celtics, them and their feckin' shamrocks. 

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on May 11, 2010, 11:25:50 PM
Ah, Stew.

Can't believe you say that.

It's like saying c'mon Down, beat Armagh, and away off to Dublin, Stevie, where you belong.

Sure, aren't we in Cleveland the Armagh of American sports. Years without a championship.  :-*

C'mon, LeBron, you home-grown Ohioan, slap it into those Celtics, them and their feckin' shamrocks.

I was joking about him belonging in Noo York but the lad loves the bright lights and I think it is already a done deal that he is outta Cleveland and heading to New York, the league would love the Knicks to matter, it's all about the benjamins after all Orais.

As for Armagh, we actually win Championships all the time, & ulsters in a decade, One AI and we just got done batin seven shades of brown out of Down, you have to love that. ;D

mc_grens

I don't give a shit who wins as long as it goes 7!

Rondo was Larry Legend great the other night.

And here's hoping Le Bron is a Bull this time next year!

J70

The Cavs fucked it up nicely the other night with all those turnovers! Looked like they might pull it back at one stage in the fourth quarter after a couple of nice baskets by LeBron, but then they go and give up 10 points in a row without reply and its game over.

Huge hype here in NY that he will come, especially if they can get Bosh or Wade. Love to see it myself as a Knicks fan, but the sense of entitlement and arrogance here among the sports media would sicken your hole, especially considering the wretched state of the Knicks over the past decade.

Oraisteach

Am on the third decade of the Rosary that he will stay in Cleveland.

Am a tad tiffed at the big markets just using Cleveland as a nursery.  Sabathia, Ramirez, Martinez, Thome jump to mind.  But that's the nature of American pro sports and that's why I love the Gee Aah Ay.

Minder

I take it if Le Bron does not stay in Cleveland he will sign the most lucrative contract in pro sports history?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

RMDrive

Quote from: Minder on May 15, 2010, 09:22:43 PM
I take it if Le Bron does not stay in Cleveland he will sign the most lucrative contract in pro sports history?

The cavs can offer him more than anybody else (part of the NBA rules).

mc_grens

Quote from: J70 on May 15, 2010, 07:18:00 PM
The Cavs fucked it up nicely the other night with all those turnovers! Looked like they might pull it back at one stage in the fourth quarter after a couple of nice baskets by LeBron, but then they go and give up 10 points in a row without reply and its game over.

Huge hype here in NY that he will come, especially if they can get Bosh or Wade. Love to see it myself as a Knicks fan, but the sense of entitlement and arrogance here among the sports media would sicken your hole, especially considering the wretched state of the Knicks over the past decade.

If he cares about winning titles the only realistic place for him to go us Chicago, based on the playing personnel already in place. Going to New York puts him on a team with worse teammates than he already has in Cleveland.

With Rose and Noah in Chicago already, plus Luol Deng as a sign and trade chip, allowing Chicago to keep enough cap room to sign a veteran Free Agent like Ray Allen, the Bulls would be a contender instantly (they already pushed last years Celts to the brink).   

magickingdom

tony romo came thro pre qualifing for the byron nelson classic last week, shooting a couple of 72's. needs to finish in the top 4 on monday to go thro

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/051510dnosporomogolf.2e71c0c.html

gallsman

Anyone watch Cushing's press conference? Dreadful attempt altogether.

dec

Club Rossa

Chicago Blackhawks lead the Philadelphia Flyers 2-0 in the Stanley cup series.Two close games so far,both teams are well matched.

Looking forward to the Celtics v Lakers,the 2 biggest names in the game going at it for the championship,Lakers out for revenge following their finals defeat 2 seasons ago.

stew

Him and Wade would not work, there is only one ball and ego would taint the team chemistry, there can only be one bull in the barn and James is fond of talking baout his team this and his team that, the fact is he quit on his team in a game they had to have, he is outta Cleveland and it looks like the bulls have a crack at him, he is a tremendous talent but does not at this stage have that killer instinct that Bryant has, or Jordan or Bird had, mentally he is not in the same class as these guys.

The Iceman

Quote from: stew on June 01, 2010, 04:33:44 PM

Him and Wade would not work, there is only one ball and ego would taint the team chemistry, there can only be one bull in the barn and James is fond of talking baout his team this and his team that, the fact is he quit on his team in a game they had to have, he is outta Cleveland and it looks like the bulls have a crack at him, he is a tremendous talent but does not at this stage have that killer instinct that Bryant has, or Jordan or Bird had, mentally he is not in the same class as these guys.

Agree 100%
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight