American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: Minder on April 29, 2010, 06:09:53 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 29, 2010, 05:44:22 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on April 29, 2010, 05:43:11 PM
The Raiders can't cut Jamarcus if he has a bad back. You are not allowed to cut players when they are injured. A bad back may be part of the reason he has put on so much weight

Or he may have a bad back because he's put on so much weight.

Or he may have a bad back reaching down to the bottom of a bargain bucket from his couch.

I can categorically deny that this manouvre in any way causes back problems.

3/4 Stone gains - yes however. ???

mc_grens

Quote from: mc_grens on April 28, 2010, 01:49:51 PM
Quote from: stew on April 27, 2010, 11:22:18 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on April 27, 2010, 11:13:07 PM
Quote from: stew on April 27, 2010, 11:09:49 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on April 24, 2010, 01:03:22 AM
The Vikings have had a disastrous draft. Chris Cook corner back and Toby Gerhart running back with their first second and third pick. I am well and truly sickened. The Ravens had less picks going in and ended up with Sergio Kindle and Terrence Cody. What a mess.

:D :D :D :D :D

Brilliant draft from the queens, not only do they draft the wrong players for the wrong positions but they managed to get worse instead of better simply by not picking the best available player.

Still, they are not so far removed from not getting their pick to the podium on time, I mean what sort of mickey mouse organization is it that cant even get their pick in on time.  :D

How does Farve taste now viking fans? the man is a prima donna and the Packers absolutely did the right thing.

Nice draft pack by the way. ;)

that botched draft pick turned into future hall of famer defensive tackle Kevin Williams. Favre statistically has his best season ever for us last year and the Vikings front office after a number of poor years in the first half of the 90s is one of the best at drafting in the NFL, so we will have to wait and see how this years picks turn out.

Capt, the vikings had a team capable of winning it all last year, they had everything except a quarterback that could be relied upon not to make it about him, they had the superbowl champions beaten, all he had t do was to fall forward and Longwell would have been in range, not the aul gunslinger though, nah he makes it about him, throws a ball across his body and gets picked and ruins yet another season for yet another team. Karma baby after what he did t the jets, he is a scabby hoor and this year the packers will hand him his ass, I am not even a pack fan and I cant wait for him to go toe to toe with rogers, rogers and the pack will eat him alive.

You've a very short memory Stew. And your dislike of Favre is colouring your judgement. Remember Adrian Peterson's 3 fumbles?

Oh, and lest I forget... Remember the 12 men in the huddle penalty?

12 MEN IN THE f**king HUDDLE!!! Crazy stuff.

stew

Quote from: gallsman on April 28, 2010, 07:25:45 PM
The Vikings have had a disastrous draft. Chris Cook corner back and Toby Gerhart running back with their first second and third pick. I am well and truly sickened. The Ravens had less picks going in and ended up with Sergio Kindle and Terrence Cody. What a mess.

Brilliant draft from the queens, not only do they draft the wrong players for the wrong positions but they managed to get worse instead of better simply by not picking the best available player.

Still, they are not so far removed from not getting their pick to the podium on time, I mean what sort of mickey mouse organization is it that cant even get their pick in on time.  :D

How does Farve taste now viking fans? the man is a prima donna and the Packers absolutely did the right thing.

Predictable drivel.
:D :D :D :D

Lets see, the Vikings draft was poor and was considered poor by most pundits.

The did fail to get their pick in on time and are the only team ever to hold that honor.

Farve is fecking around again, making it about him and he is becoming even more unpopular in Minnesota  by the day.

And finally, I know you dont know enough to know fcuk all about american sports ballaman but even you must acknowledge that Rogers was the smart pick by the packers, he will be a stud for the next decade.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heganboy

Quote from: stew on May 04, 2010, 07:34:23 PM
Rogers was the smart pick by the packers, he will be a stud for the next decade.

unlikely- mediocre at best
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

Quote from: heganboy on May 04, 2010, 07:37:38 PM
Rogers was the smart pick by the packers, he will be a stud for the next decade.

heganboy, I hope you are joking, rogers was tremendous last year and he is only now coming into his own, he had a very weak o line and still got the job done, how anyone can say he is mediocre is beyond me and he is far better than farve at this stage.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

Quote from: heganboy on May 04, 2010, 07:37:38 PM

Heganboy- He is a fair bit better than mediocre.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

magickingdom

Quote from: gallsman on April 28, 2010, 07:25:45 PM

Predictable drivel.
:D :D :D :D

Lets see, the Vikings draft was poor and was considered poor by most pundits.

The did fail to get their pick in on time and are the only team ever to hold that honor.

Farve is fecking around again, making it about him and he is becoming even more unpopular in Minnesota  by the day.

And finally, I know you dont know enough to know fcuk all about american sports ballaman but even you must acknowledge that Rogers was the smart pick by the packers, he will be a stud for the next decade.

you still having nightmares about farve stew? he hasnt gone away you know...

mc_grens

In a shocking new development the Oakland Raiders have just released Jamarcus Russell.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5168757

Puckoon

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5167613

Former NY Giants star Lawrence Taylor arrested for rape of a 16 year old.

Puckoon

Quote from: mc_grens on May 06, 2010, 09:10:23 PM
In a shocking new development the Oakland Raiders have just released Jamarcus Russell.

"He lost his starting job midway through last season. His career has been hampered by a rookie holdout, poor work habits, being overweight and the lack of productive players around him"

You might think that the millions of dollars, nothing else to do but practice might have made him get his shit together.

mc_grens

Quote from: Puckoon on May 06, 2010, 09:19:57 PM
Quote from: mc_grens on May 06, 2010, 09:10:23 PM

"He lost his starting job midway through last season. His career has been hampered by a rookie holdout, poor work habits, being overweight and the lack of productive players around him"

You might think that the millions of dollars, nothing else to do but practice might have made him get his shit together.

As Allen Iversen would say- "Practice!?"

Capt Pat

Brian Cushing the defensive rookie of the year and Houston Texans linebacker has been suspended for 4 games for steroid offenses. What a surprise ::). Voted most likely to do steroids in high school.

Minder

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 08, 2010, 10:19:36 PM
Brian Cushing the defensive rookie of the year and Houston Texans linebacker has been suspended for 4 games for steroid offenses. What a surprise ::). Voted most likely to do steroids in high school.

Aye wasn't too surprised about that Pat, he should be stripped of his Defensive Rookie award.

What are the chances his "trainer" gets the blame?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mc_grens

He's already released a denial. Joke.

Anybody watching NBA playoffs? LeBron unbelievable last night.

Im hoping for Nash to finally get a title since my Bulls are gone.

magickingdom

perfect game pitched by dallas braden for oakland. this guy had a run in with A Rod a few weeks back and in true oakland fashion his grandma reaction was to tell reporters to tell A Rod to stick it. only the 19th perfect game ever

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100510&content_id=9953502&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb