American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 23, 2010, 10:53:05 AM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 23, 2010, 10:49:09 AM
Clausen has a bad rep,due to a bar fight and supposedly not being very poular with his Notre Dame teammates.
Hes still a far better passer than Tebow.
Aas Minder said,where does that leave Brady Quinn?

I don't think Tebow will be a quarterback as we know  it. Tebow will either be a 'wildcat' QB option, because of his running ability, or they may even try to convert him to be a Tight End.

He's drafted because the Broncos think he will be a quality fella in the dressing room.
You would see more College Football than i would AZ,
ive seen experts question his effectveness because whilst his speed and strength were good at the college level,The NFL athlete is a whole different breath,he wont outrun or bulldoze over NFL linebackers.
Aafter losing Brandon Marshall to Miami,even reaching for someone like Golden Tate(who played in a very similar offense to McDaniel's in college) would have made much more sense.

thejuice

Round 2 on, McCoy and Clausen is still on the board after 5 picks. Browns might take them.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Quote from: thejuice on April 23, 2010, 11:37:03 PM
Round 2 on, McCoy and Clausen is still on the board after 5 picks. Browns might take them.

Was sure they would take one of them. Teams obviously dont like what they see with Clausen and he is seeing millions of $$$$$$$$ slip away before his eyes.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

have the raiders buggered things up? or are the Patriots trying to cheat again?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Capt Pat

The Raiders have taken. Rolando McClain LB and Lamarr Houston at defensive tacle, a very solid draft for their defense.

The 49ers took 2 offensive line men with their 2 first round picks, 2 good players but a bit of a waste I felt to take a guard and left tackle in this draft. They have also just taken Taylor Mays to play safety.

AZOffaly

I'm happy enough with the Cardinals so far. Drafted Dan Williams the DT from Tennessee in the first round at 26, which is good, and then traded up to address another Defensive need with LB Daryl Washington from TCU. They were thinking him in the first round, so to get two potential first round picks in the first 2 rounds is great. I think they'll pick a safety or corner, and maybe a lower receiver and/or TE.

Decent, solid draft so far though, along the lines that Wisenhunt is going. Transforming them into a fundementally sound defensive team, with a decent offense. At least that's the plan.

thejuice

not surprised to see the Panthers pick Clausen, Delhomme is too hot and cold

AZOffaly

I thought they were trading Delhomme? Is Matt Moore not their starting QB now?

Edit: Yeah just checked. I knew I wasn't dreaming. Delhomme is in Cleveland now. I actually think the Panthers may have cut him altogether.

Clausen will be backup to Moore.

Capt Pat

The Vikings have had a disastrous draft. Chris Cook corner back and Toby Gerhart running back with their first second and third pick. I am well and truly sickened. The Ravens had less picks going in and ended up with Sergio Kindle and Terrence Cody. What a mess.

David McKeown

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 24, 2010, 01:03:22 AM
The Vikings have had a disastrous draft. Chris Cook corner back and Toby Gerhart running back with their first second and third pick. I am well and truly sickened. The Ravens had less picks going in and ended up with Sergio Kindle and Terrence Cody. What a mess.

Wouldn't agree with that Gerhart is a Doak Walker award winner and a runer in the Heisman voting, so should be a sound compliment to AP who seems to struggling later in the season.  Cook should also add some height and strength to a small enough secondary.

Of course this will all go to pot if Mr WillieWonthe decides to actually retire (read join another team)
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Capt Pat

The Vikings make a bit of a recoveery today and take defensive end Everson Griffen who was ranked much higher than the 4th round where they took him.

I am not saying the players they took are bad. I just think they should have played things differently and could have got better players for less picks. Having said that taking Griffen with the 4th round pick they swapped with Detroit begins to change the picture.

thejuice

OK, so its Colt McCoy thats backing up Jake Delhomme so. Falcons seem to have addressed all their needs, to be honest they just need some more marquee players especially at WR.

However Falcon fans seem to be disgusted with our picks of Corey Peters and Joe Hawley. I know nothing about those guys anyone know why??

Capt Pat

They probably know nothing about them either and that is why they are pissed off. They probably wanted a pass rushing defensive end or a corner back or safety. Hawley was also the second guard in a row that they took. Seems like a bit of a waste to me.

Minder

Surprised Colt McCoy doipped to the Browns, Holmgren must have near shit himself. If he can't make a player out of him nobody can.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Club Rossa

Redskins trade Jason Campbell to the Raiders for a 2012 4th round pick.