Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

magickingdom

Quote from: full back on January 26, 2010, 05:23:28 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on January 26, 2010, 04:46:08 PM
put your house on the colts +3

Colts are the favourites iceman

the colts are going to win this superbowl end of story, put any spare bobs on it and take the spread. manning has too many ways to win. .

stew

Quote from: Puckoon on January 25, 2010, 06:30:45 PM
Stew, you are so full of unbridled bias and hate on this issue that everything that comes from your Gob about Favre is sheer nonsense!

Its beyond a joke, but enjoy your day in the sun (on the back of a vikings loss, not a packers success btw).

Eh puck i am not a packer fan, i am a Patriots fan and have been since I lived there in 88.

I used to like Favre but have grown to loathe the man for the manipulating, scheming whinging bitch that he is.

I did however feel that he took an awful beating the other night, too much of a beating, how he manages to get tattooed and get up and play on defies explanation.

He wanted to stick it to the Pack, he beat them twice with a team fit to win the superbowl, he failed to lead them there and he had a remarkable regular season and yet another very disappointing playoff season. The stats dont lie, he is sometimes great and more often, in playoff games a bad decision making machine.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 25, 2010, 07:54:29 PM
He already did win the big one stew.

In fairness, it would be easy for Favre to walk away and into a TV studio for some cushy number. The networks love him. I say fair play to him for continuing to play when the body is able. And there's probably 28 teams who'd have swapped with the Vikes yesterday.

I've no great feeling either way for the Vikings, and I like the Packers, but I think Favre owes nothing to GB.

I was talking future tense not way back in the past tense.

I will say this for him, he is one of the toughest men I have ever seen play sports if not the toughest.

I dont think he owes the Packers anything now, but he owed them more than saying he ws retiring, have them charter a plane to meet with him, then call back hours before the two main men were to come down there to convince him to come back, wait until they name Rodgers as the starter and then show up at the tail end of training camp pretending that you want to play for the Packers however you dont think it fair you should compete for your job. He never wanted to come back to Green Bay, all he wanted to do was play for the Vikings, he lost a hell of a lot of support from Pack fans AND Packer players as a result of him acting the prima donna.

magickingdom

whatzup stew? you gone soft on farve all of a sudden? i seriously dont know how he took the beating he took the other night. . one hard nut

stew

Quote from: magickingdom on January 26, 2010, 07:59:16 PM
whatzup stew? you gone soft on farve all of a sudden? i seriously dont know how he took the beating he took the other night. . one hard nut

No I have not gone soft but how can you not admire what he did the other night, he got the absolute shit kicked out of him and he kept coming back for more.

I hate manipulating people, he is a manipulator but as soon as it becomes apparent that he is telling the truth for once and is actually retired I am sure I will start to mellow on him. Players that have their own private locker tend to annoy me.

He is a bit like Keane, a bit of a dirtboard in real life but you have to admire them when they do good things, a bit like what Keane is doing at Ipswich right now.

The Iceman

sorry lads meant Colts -3
Think thats the spread at the minute
definitely worth a bet

can't see the Saints defense stopping Manning and can't see them turning the ball over like they have all year - Manning is too smart, adapts too quickly and is too fast.  Even if they get to him early on he will change the approach and pick holes in their defense like he did with the Jets.

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

RogerMilla

you'd have said the same thing about the pats giants game , that brady would have found a way through , the saints are going to win this bowl , probably quite similarly to the way manning won his i.e giving up a stupid early score! its all a bonus for the saints , manning will feel the pressure, he wants to catch brady on the ring count.. he already let his coach throw away a perfect season.. idiocy...

stew

Quote from: RogerMilla on January 27, 2010, 08:36:06 AM
you'd have said the same thing about the pats giants game , that brady would have found a way through , the saints are going to win this bowl , probably quite similarly to the way manning won his i.e giving up a stupid early score! its all a bonus for the saints , manning will feel the pressure, he wants to catch brady on the ring count.. he already let his coach throw away a perfect season.. idiocy...

Eh he did not, he is the player, the coach is the man who decides who plays and who does not, at least in Indy anyhow.

The eejits in Minneasota could not control Burts ego, Favre was told to sit and refused and the coach let him away with it, he also ran plays contrary to the coaches wishes, Manning changes plays all the time but he is smart enough to know what coverage is out there and they let him do what he wants due to his intelligence and track record.
Manning was asked straight after their first loss if he was upset about being pulled and losing, he straight away told the reporter that he was only a player and that was the coaches call.

Favre on the other hand held a press conference and threw his coach and longtime friend under the bus, the vikings it is reported, had a divided locker room as some threw in their lot and sided with Favre as he did in fact win them the game that they should have lost. The coach was pissed and it all got hushed up but all is not well over there in viking country.

Minder

Kurt Warner to announce retirement tomorrow. Im sure he wont have to go back to stacking supermarket shelves in Iowa.

Legend.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Minder on January 27, 2010, 10:17:24 PM
Kurt Warner to announce retirement tomorrow. Im sure he wont have to go back to stacking supermarket shelves in Iowa.

Legend.

Not good for the Cardinals. Whenever Leinart has gotten a chance to show what he can do he hasn't really impressed. Wonder will they go for a QB in the draft now?

Larry Fitz's value in the fantasy will take a bit of a hit next season now anyway.

stew

Legend.

Well said Minder, he was an amazing qb to watch and he will be missed, the leader of the greatest show on turf, threw td's for fun and was the consummate professional.

The packers had him and cut him, they had to they thought, they had Favre, Hasselbeck, Warner and one other stud whose name escapes me. best stable ever imho.

Minder

Quote from: stew on January 27, 2010, 10:21:18 PM

Legend.

Well said Minder, he was an amazing qb to watch and he will be missed, the leader of the greatest show on turf, threw td's for fun and was the consummate professional.

The packers had him and cut him, they had to they thought, they had Favre, Hasselbeck, Warner and one other stud whose name escapes me. best stable ever imho.
Mark Brunell, who is backing up Brees in New Orleans now.

anportmorforjfc

pity he had to finish with a big loss at NO. what a game he played against green bay. Good thing for us 49er fans ;D.

Minder

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on January 27, 2010, 10:24:46 PM
pity he had to finish with a big loss at NO. what a game he played against green bay. Good thing for us 49er fans ;D.

49ers would be slight favourites for the NFC West now i would say.