American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I was surpised at the Charger's implosion. Not so much at the way the Jets got after them, but the way they were penalised, dropped passes and missed field goals. That was the Pro Bowl kicker right there. Unreal. The Jets were able to keep it tight and that meant they could run all day. In fairness to Sanchez though, most of his throws were on the money, but if the Chargers could have gotten up by 2 scores or more, that game was over.

The Vikes looked impressive. That was some performance by the defensive line. Next week's games will be very interesting. Can the Saints protect Brees like they did against the Cardinals? The Vikings pass rush is in a different league, but if you have to blitz with linebackers or safeties to get to him, then Brees will shred the Viking's secondary. I saw Warner do exactly that to the Vikings, and the Saints are just as loaded on offense. Bush might be a big weapon for screens.

ballinaman

Some kick in the stones last night. Penalties, special teams killed the chargers not to mention that pathetic defensive play when Jets got the 50+ yards touchdown. Last time LT will play for chargers I'd say.
If Jets win superbowl it'll be like when Greece won the European championship, not easy to watch but get the job done!

Club Rossa

The longer the Jets hung in ,the more chance there was of the upset
I can't believe Nate Kaeding though,he'll never have as bad a day again.

Thank god the Cowboys are out.Now i can finally relax and enjoy the playoffs :D
The Minnesota defense was awesome.Romo was hounded all afternoon and wasn't allowed time to find his targets.

ONeill

The Chargers lost it more than the Jets won it. They lost their discipline and Kaeding missed kicks he was sleepwalking over during the season.

There seems to be a brittle side to the Chargers when it comes to the play-offs. Turner coming in for some abuse. He never really seemed to be accepted anyway.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

magpie seanie

Bad weekend for the predictions myself but enjoyed the Jets/Bolts game.

Sad news about Gaines Adams. He was starting to get more involved towards the end of the season. 26 is no age.

Rossie11

Chargers blew it. Jets were there for the taking in 1st half and if Chargers has got a 2nd td it was game over.
Cant see the Jets scoring enough to beat the colts. Their running game will keep the colts off the park for sure but it take them an age to put points on the board.
If Colts jump into an early lead like they did in ravens games its all over.

The Vikes have a good pass rush but the Saints have far more weapons than the Cowboys. Meachan, Thomas and Lance Moore did nothing at weekend and they still put up 45pts.

Capt Pat

The Vikings defensvie line will be in one piece on sunday as Edwards is not badly injured. I beleive that will be bad news for Drew Brees on sunday and he won't get the time required to shred the Viking defense.

Vikings 34
Saints 19

The Colts will put this game to bed early.

Colts 35
Jets 17

Club Rossa

Can't see the Vikings winning as easily as that though i do think they will beat the Saints.

You would think that the Colts should win with a few to spare,but i'm not so sure.There's something about this Jets team that tells me they could cause an upset.They are hard to put away and if the Colts don't get on top early then it could get very uncomfortable for Manning and co.

Minder

I don't see the Jets bein able to run as easily on the Colts. If the Colts get up early the Jets will have to throw more often and I can't see Sanchez being able to generate enough offense to win. You would think the Jets would need at least 20 pts to beat the Colts, I'm not sure they have it in them. Another problem is if Revis shuts down Wayne you still have Addai out of the backfield, Collie, Garcon and Dallas Clark to contend with.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

Vincent Jackson was arrested before the game last week, Rivers had to come and bail him out. He was stopped for playing his music too loud. (Maybe that should read stopped for being black) but it turned out he had an invalid licence and invalid number plates on his car!!

Dumbass!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magickingdom

Quote from: thejuice on January 21, 2010, 10:26:36 PM
Vincent Jackson was arrested before the game last week, Rivers had to come and bail him out. He was stopped for playing his music too loud. (Maybe that should read stopped for being black) but it turned out he had an invalid licence and invalid number plates on his car!!

Dumbass!

words fail me....
at least he didnt shoot himself ;D

RogerMilla

Geaux Saints!

massive weekend...

Cant see the jets story going on much longer..

Saints Colts Bowl..

stew

As long as the vikings lose I dont care who wins it but New Orleans winning it would be great after everything that area has went through.

Brees is a fantastic, the thought of him and manning going at it would excite a lot of fans of the aul pigskin, it would be the highest scoring superbowl ever.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Capt Pat

Vikings should be ok against the saints, they have a couple of injury concerns especially Harvin with his migraines.

I wonder about the Jets, you never know with them. They are a tough team and they are on fire. I think Peyton has too many options for them to shut them all down.  Their big thing has been Revis shutting down the oppositions number 1 receiver and that has really hindered teams like New England and Houston in the regular season and Cincinati with Ochocinco and San Diego with Jackson in the playoffs. I think The Colts with Wayne and Dallas Clark as well as the rookies Garcon and Collie might have too much for them.