American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 18, 2010, 01:08:10 AM
As O'Neill says the two week break done them no favors! Plus the Jets defense was brilliant!

The break didn't hurt Minnesota or New Orleans or Indianapolis too much.

ONeill

Everything they did with ease, failed today. Even Kaeding's kicking. LT was anonymous.

Never thought they were good enough. Colts and Saints will def contest SB.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: J70 on January 18, 2010, 01:09:29 AM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on January 18, 2010, 01:08:10 AM
As O'Neill says the two week break done them no favors! Plus the Jets defense was brilliant!

The break didn't hurt Minnesota or New Orleans or Indianapolis too much.

It didn't, but the Chargers were feeding off a run like that despite being an average side.

Carmen Stateside

Didn't effect the other teams because they were playing dirt teams! Jets will put it up to any team now! How ironic would it be for the Jets to beat colts after colts letting them into playoffs to start with!

Carmen Stateside

Also you could add the fact Chargers had 10 penalties called against them!

Capt Pat

It would be something else to see the Jets beat the Colts, but the Jets are pushing their luck getting this far. The oppositions kickers won't go on missing forever.

In their last 4 games the Jets have beaten the 3 AFC divison winners 4 times and even though 2 of those were gifts they have a lot of momentum.

I am a Vikings fan and after that performance today and a little bit of luck with injuires I think the Vikings will win the NFC. I will hold off calling the super bowl until we know the contenders.

Carmen Stateside

AFC Champ
Jets vs Colts -7.5
Over under 41
Latest from Vegas;

NFC Champ
Vikings vs Saints -4
Over under 53

new devil

Stick a grand on the jets for me CS...Vegas might bring me more luck :D

Jets V Saints superbowl with the Jets winning  ;)

ONeill

thejuice

Strong Defence and a solid running game and you can do damage in the play-offs. its happened so many times before. Rex Ryan has done a tremendous job. Sanchez as a rookie, maybe he's not allowed do too much but he's not turning it over crucially.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

J70

Quote from: thejuice on January 18, 2010, 01:36:14 AM
Strong Defence and a solid running game and you can do damage in the play-offs. its happened so many times before. Rex Ryan has done a tremendous job. Sanchez as a rookie, maybe he's not allowed do too much but he's not turning it over crucially.

No question Sanchez has come on in leaps and bounds since earlier in the season. Far fewer interceptions and attempts at risky or overambitious passes. The problem is what happens when the running game is stopped though - will he be capable of pulling the team through?

If you took this season's Jets defense and rushing offense and melded it with the Giants passing offense, you'd have some side!

new devil

Quote from: ONeill on January 18, 2010, 01:35:15 AM
No, Jets haven't a hope.

They had no hope the last 2 games has well  ;)

ONeill

new devil

ONeill