American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ha ha derry

Donovan Mc Nabb must be finished now in Philadelphia ?

Archie Mitchell

That's some TV the Cowboys have in their stadium.

Minder

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 10, 2010, 12:07:16 PM

I think I read it cost almost $1m. You would need a big living room to justify getting one.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

gallsman

Quote from: Minder on January 10, 2010, 12:17:15 PM

I think I read it cost almost $1m. You would need a big living room to justify getting one.
[/quote

I thought it cost a hell of a lot more than that, something like 40 odd million!

Minder

Quote from: gallsman on January 10, 2010, 01:08:41 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 10, 2010, 12:17:15 PM

[/quote

I thought it cost a hell of a lot more than that, something like 40 odd million!

You are right, Googled it there and an estimate was put at $42m

magickingdom

some telly that, good to have the cowboys back!

the world's largest 1080p HDTV screen
Weighs 600 tons
Reaches almost from one 20-yard line to the other
Has 30 million light bulbs across 25,000 square feet
Is the first center-hung video board in football
Has a built-in elevator with 10 levels from the top of the board to the bottom
Hang from the stadium's main arches, and can support a 90,000 pound basketball scoreboard hanging underneath
Is suspended 90 feet above the playing field

Archie Mitchell

Small change then.

Goes from the 25 yard line to the other 25 yard line, 160ft wide by 72ft high. And they have 2 of them!

mc_grens

Quote from: ha ha derry on January 10, 2010, 11:02:42 AM
Donovan Mc Nabb must be finished now in Philadelphia ?

Why? Thats their first first round playoff loss in his tenure, they've been to 4 NFC championship games, and a Superbowl.

It's not McNabb's fault that the O-line was shambolic, the D was banged up, and they had (yet again) no semblance of a running game.

gallsman

I think they had to spend another few million raising it after it kept getting hit by punters in pre-season.

fearbrags

No they did not have to raise  it , there was talk about lowering it, but it was 2 feet under the NFL minimum

thejuice

Yeah, I think Brian Westbrook needs to go before McNabb. They need someone fresh at running back. And of course an O-Line to make things happen. Getting rid of Brain Dawkins has left a large gap in the defence too. Maybe Andy Reid is just out of ideas, apart from one Superbowl appearence they seem stuck. Occasionally every season they have a big game and everyone goes 'woah, they are looking like champions' but that only lasts a few weeks and then the Raiders or someone crap makes them look shite.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

stew

Quote from: thejuice on January 10, 2010, 03:29:37 PM
Yeah, I think Brian Westbrook needs to go before McNabb. They need someone fresh at running back. And of course an O-Line to make things happen. Getting rid of Brain Dawkins has left a large gap in the defence too. Maybe Andy Reid is just out of ideas, apart from one Superbowl appearence they seem stuck. Occasionally every season they have a big game and everyone goes 'woah, they are looking like champions' but that only lasts a few weeks and then the Raiders or someone crap makes them look shite.

Dallas played well but are over-rated, the will be done next week.

I hope the pats and packers win. The Pack are a far better team than Dallas.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

Quote from: stew on January 10, 2010, 04:39:26 PM
Quote from: thejuice on January 10, 2010, 03:29:37 PM

Dallas played well but are over-rated, the will be done next week.

I hope the pats and packers win. The Pack are a far better team than Dallas.
[/b]

What are you basing that on Stew?

anportmorforjfc

so can the pats win without welke?. i think so, prediction 31-20

i hope the packers can beat the cardinals, but have an annoying feeling that the cardinals will perform and win this one. hope im wrong.

anportmorforjfc

what a start!!! touchdown ravens 83 yard run.