American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anportmorforjfc

Good end to the season for the 49ers to finish 8-8. having lost 6 of their 8 games by 7 points or less, things could have been a lot different :'(. With 2 first round draft picks to come hopefully next year will be their year to make the play-offs :)

Minder

49ers are going in the right direction. Not sure if Alex Smith is the answer. Vernon Davis finally lived up to his billing coming out of college. Be interesting to see how Crabtree gets on with a full training camp behind him next year.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GalwayBayBoy

Wild card games are a bit strange this year with three of them being instant repeats of week 17 games.

Jets @ Bengals
Eagles @ Cowboys
Packers @ Cardinals

Odd one out being Ravens @ Patriots

Capt Pat

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 04, 2010, 12:04:37 PM
Wild card games are a bit strange this year with three of them being instant repeats of week 17 games.

Jets @ Bengals
Eagles @ Cowboys
Packers @ Cardinals

Odd one out being Ravens @ Patriots

All 3 of those week 17 games were very one sided as well, but I expect the Cardinals and Bengals to turn things around as long as Boldin is fit and the Jets play Sanchez at quarterback, Sanchez looks like a bust to me at this point, his production is very poor considering the quality of players the Jets have on offense and defense. The Jets are the number one ranked defense in the NFL.

Minder

How can you call a player a bust after one season? He may turn out to be but you have to give him some time.

Family guy

I see no1 has mentioned welkers injury for the patriots,massive loss,not sure of the extent but it lookd like a definite acl injury

Minder

Quote from: Family guy on January 04, 2010, 01:28:20 PM
I see no1 has mentioned welkers injury for the patriots,massive loss,not sure of the extent but it lookd like a definite acl injury

He is having an MRI today but thy reckon is ACL and MCL.

Family guy

Big loss for them,thought they were creeping along nicely in2 the playoffs,tom brady last year and now this,just bad luck i guess

Minder

Zorn out in Washington. Shanahan probably in.

magpie seanie

Bears - disappointing overall. Possibly better than a 7-9 team and you'd have to wonder how much better things might have been with a fit Urlacher for the season. Too many interceptions for Cutler but I think he'll be better next season with a new Offensive Co-ordinator. Loads of things to improve and not many draft picks to do it with.

On week 17 was disappointed Houston didn't make it. They have had it tough in one of the better divisions and it would have been great for them to make it to the playoffs for the first time.

Now the real stuff begins. Think O'Neill could be in for a few late nights. The brother has a sneaking suspicion about Green Bay and in truth the NFC is wide open.

sammymaguire

Quote from: sammymaguire on December 22, 2009, 01:34:39 PM
the Cowboys for me lads  :o

can the Chargers meet the Cowboys in the Final? I'd like to stick a few bob on that happening too... have the Cowboys at 25s, now 12s and think they will go lower after this weekend, looked much too strong for Eagles last night!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 04, 2010, 04:55:16 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on December 22, 2009, 01:34:39 PM
the Cowboys for me lads  :o

can the Chargers meet the Cowboys in the Final?

Yeah they are in different conferences.

Puckoon

Quote from: Family guy on January 04, 2010, 01:39:00 PM
Big loss for them,thought they were creeping along nicely in2 the playoffs,tom brady last year and now this,just bad luck i guess

Wes welker is a god damn stud out there. Christ if Tyrone had him, we'd win everything.

Family guy

Quote from: Puckoon on January 04, 2010, 07:22:46 PM
Quote from: Family guy on January 04, 2010, 01:39:00 PM

Wes welker is a god damn stud out there. Christ if Tyrone had him, we'd win everything.

You are right,sick all day,chad ocho also has a knee injury would be a big loss to bengals if injured

anportmorforjfc

HOME       AWAY 
Atlanta     new orleans
Carolina     Tampa Bay 
Denver      Oakland 
Kansas City San Diego   
NFC East    NFC North

as well as the 6 divisional games 49ers Fixtures for 2010 season. Was wandering does NFC East and NFC north mean the winners from the 2009 season?