American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrinkingHarp

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Gabriel_Hurl

I'd read an erroneous report last night when I posted that

He has just passed away now though

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/12/17/henry.ap/index.html?eref=BrkNews

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

thejuice

Just heard that. Its terrible.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

The Claw

RIP Chris Henry. He seemed to be turning his life around and realising his unquestioned potential. An awful shame that such a talented man has passed away.

Minder

There have been some amount of NFL players that have died/seriously injured or put in the clink in their prime for various reasons.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

new devil

A lot of it would have to do with the backgrounds they come from and then all off a sudden have all this money... a lot of them can't handle it

They was a tv programme about the bangels on here during the summer..he seemed like a nice guy RIP

Minder

Quote from: new devil on December 17, 2009, 10:23:38 PM
A lot of it would have to do with the backgrounds they come from and then all off a sudden have all this money... a lot of them can't handle it

They was a tv programme about the bangels on here during the summer..he seemed like a nice guy RIP

Mmm, he seemed to have settled down a bit but a judge once described him as "a one man crime wave".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Minder on December 17, 2009, 11:09:16 PM
Quote from: new devil on December 17, 2009, 10:23:38 PM

Mmm, he seemed to have settled down a bit but a judge once described him as "a one man crime wave".

It has been said before, you can take the man out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the man. Prime example is Pacman Jones.

Like New Devil stated the exuberant amount of money these young guys receive with next to nothing prior is overwhelming. Although with every PacMan Jones there are about 10-20 young men who put their money back into their community, schools or charities.

Take Warrick Dunn for example   http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/09/01/dunn.donate/

Charles Woodson of the Packers    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-woodsonsgift&prov=ap&type=lgns

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

SD look good for a TD in every play this last few weeks. Only took 4 mins tonight. Gates on form again.

gawa316

Anyone got a link to the raiders game?

ONeill

Family guy

The bengals are up for this,i didnt know what way they would react,chad is the man alrite