American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

gee stew tell us what you really think about brett and his lovely wife, he's a footballer ffs. now what about that tiger woods? your looking for stand up guys in all the wrong places, their not there to be your role model. wake up to professional sports, i think farve is a legend on the field and dont care within reason what he does off it

Puckoon

Quote from: stew on December 07, 2009, 09:06:48 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on December 07, 2009, 06:01:12 PM
I think we just have a completely different outlook on him.

Maybe Im ignorant, but if he never wanted to be in greenbay, what the hell was he there for so long for?

I think he bled green and white for that packers team. Who could ever forget his MNF performance after his father died?

I cant see his greed or his narcissim. I just see a man who loves the game and plays like he's got nothing to lose.

He did want to be in Green Bay up until he officially re-retired in 2007, he was also a tremendous player fr the Packers and gave them his all until the end of the 2006-07 season.

He has lost the majority of the people of this town with his antics, he has lied about the way he was treated, spoke publically about the Pack not going after Randy Moss and has done his best to harm the reputation of Ted Thompson, his former GM.

Favre has been trying to get traded away from the Pack for several years, first he retired again, they asked him back and flew down to meet with him, he said no, they announced that they had a new starter in Rodgers and made plans to retire Favres Jersey at the first game if the 2007 season.

Favre then got his wife( an awful annoying bitch btw) to do his talking for him, his brother and Bus Cook, his agent also flapped his gums about how the Packers disrespected him and didnt want him there blah blah blah, the upshot was that the Packers denied this and had chartered a plane to fly down and meet with him again when a few hours before they took off, his annoying bitch of a wife told them not to bother coming, that Burt was staying retired, the pack said OK and announced Rodgers as the starter.

No sooner had they done this than Favre unretired and decided he was going to show the Packers up, in essence he was going to force a trade, he accused the Packers of forcing his retirement and in fairness after this happened they panicked and offered him a 20 million dollar bribe to stay retired and be an ambassador for them for ten years.

The Pack ask him to stay away from training camp because of the circus it will involve and Favre refuses, the Packers had previously offered him the opportunity to win the starting role but Burt thought that he was to good for that and blamed the Packers of disrespecting him yet again.

Brett then decides he is getting traded to Minnesota, the Packers say feck that and trade him to the Jets, Favre lights it up until mid season and then gives them nothing, leaving them a mess and surprise, a divided locker room.

Favre now re-re-re-re -re-re retires again, asks for his release, gets it on his word that he is definitely done, promptly unretires and is found to be actively talking to the Vikings about playing for them, Green Bay goes ape shit, the jets dont care but they have a bad taste in their mouths and then Favre pulls his greatest stunt of all, he decides he again, and for the fourth time no longer has the desire to play football, cries at another press conference and that is that.

Well not exactly, the second, and I mean second training camp is over the hoor is flying to Minneapolis, signing a contract and pissing off his new team mates, you know, the men who bursted their holes t get ready for the season, the Vikings cut a QB to make room for this maggot and as of now the man has played well, that said he was shite yesterday and he will never, ever win  a superbowl again despite having the most talented team in the country.

I despise this guy, he is all that is wrong with American sports, greed, self interest, self promotion, to me he is a shell of his former self, since his da died he has made mistake after mistake and I cannot wait until the playoffs to see that maggot get tore up and I guarantee you this, when he is beaten he will be on TV with a beat to shit baseball cap on announcing to the world that he thinks he is done blah blah blah. Bring it on burt, you will be done soon enough.

P.s. I used to like this guy, I played in front of him at a golf outing once and he was good craic, no more.

Jesus stew did 5iveTimes ghost write this for you? :o

We'll have to disagree so!  ;D

stew

Quote from: magickingdom on December 07, 2009, 09:17:05 PM
gee stew tell us what you really think about brett and his lovely wife, he's a footballer ffs. now what about that tiger woods? your looking for stand up guys in all the wrong places, their not there to be your role model. wake up to professional sports, i think farve is a legend on the field and dont care within reason what he does off it

I am not looking for stand up guys, I am talking about one man who makes everything about him, he has never been accountable for the issues he has had and I could say a lot more on here about him but whats the point.

Favre tried to ruin the Packers organization's reputation, he called the GM and head coach liars ( it was proven they didnt lie) and he lied and cheated his way to getting his way and in the process hurt the Jets.

As for Favre being a legend on the field, to some extent that is true but there has never been a more over-rated player in NFL history. He has thrown more interceptions than anyone else in history and has one, count em, one superbowl to his credit, he is not half the player Montana was or Brady or Manning are.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Puckoon

Ack stew - brady is a donkey.

stew

Quote from: Puckoon on December 07, 2009, 09:38:25 PM
Ack stew - brady is a donkey.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Legend has it he is hung like one but he is a three time superbowl champion and is a far superior player than Favre ever was, not only that but he is coming off a really bad injury that laid him up for over a year, next year he will be back to full fitness and he will be a year smarter, Favre will only be a year older, kn**ker.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

the Deel Rover

whats happened the steelers . the lost 13-6 to the browns last night. big ben sacked 8 times . no one had the browns in the payton conference but they would have got their owner 26 points  :o
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

RedBolts

Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 11, 2009, 09:39:57 AM
whats happened the steelers . the lost 13-6 to the browns last night. big ben sacked 8 times . no one had the browns in the payton conference but they would have got their owner 26 points  :o

I would have originally put their form down to the loss of Polamalu, but this is getting a bit beyond a joke for them now. Hangover kicking in from last year maybe - they're in big trouble now.

ballinaman

Quote from: RedBolts on December 11, 2009, 10:29:46 AM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on December 11, 2009, 09:39:57 AM

I would have originally put their form down to the loss of Polamalu, but this is getting a bit beyond a joke for them now. Hangover kicking in from last year maybe - they're in big trouble now.
They aren't going to make the playoffs anyways, last 3 games are packers,ravens and dolphins. 5 straight losses. No chance.

Minder

Browns have maybe blown their chance of #1 pick in the draft
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

RogerMilla

Quote from: Puckoon on December 07, 2009, 06:01:12 PM
I think we just have a completely different outlook on him.

Maybe Im ignorant, but if he never wanted to be in greenbay, what the hell was he there for so long for?

I think he bled green and white for that packers team. Who could ever forget his MNF performance after his father died?

I cant see his greed or his narcissim. I just see a man who loves the game and plays like he's got nothing to lose.

he is a legend , coming out of rehab to win a superbowl, a record for consecutive games played , playing after his father died , and now this year he looks to be the missing link at the vikes..

that being said, i wouldnt like to be his coach , i think he likes to call all the shots..

ballinaman

Quote from: Minder on December 11, 2009, 10:35:51 AM
Browns have maybe blown their chance of #1 pick in the draft
NFL network thought maybe it wasn't such a bad thing! Curse of the 1st round pick the last few years...