American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: thejuice on November 29, 2009, 01:59:10 AM
Pats or Saints this weekend?

Feeling the Saints will do it.

Nah they wont, the Pats are the class of the field and the have thrown away two games already the year. Prediction, Pats 34 Saints 27.

Brees is a stud however and as long as the hated vikings and that cnut favre dont win it all I wil be happy enough, he is the poster child for all that is wrong with american sports imo.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

JimStynes

In new york at the minute and im trying to get tickets to go see the jets because they are the only team who are playing in new york tomorrow. Anyway the cheapest ticket to go see a pretty shit team in NFL play is f**king $95, what a joke. I thought the gaa have been ripping the ass out of it lately.

thejuice

Quote from: stew on November 29, 2009, 05:26:23 AM

Brees is a stud however and as long as the hated vikings and that cnut favre dont win it all I wil be happy enough, he is the poster child for all that is wrong with american sports imo.

Ah now, Brett Favre? Not Michael Vick, Pacman Jones or Sebastian Janikowski?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

magickingdom

Quote from: JimStynes on November 29, 2009, 06:27:37 AM
In new york at the minute and im trying to get tickets to go see the jets because they are the only team who are playing in new york tomorrow. Anyway the cheapest ticket to go see a pretty shit team in NFL play is f**king $95, what a joke. I thought the gaa have been ripping the ass out of it lately.

altho i agree there overpriced you'd have paid more yesterday for irelands rugby game

lurganblue

Hope the saints can do it to be honest. Their offense has been brilliant all year but I do worry abou that defense against Brady and co. Should be close just like the colts and pats the other week

stew

Jim buy yourself a two hundred dollar ticket and come watch green bay for $58.00  :P

I will never go to another NFL game, it is as boring as feck and it takes two hours too long, it is a far better spectacle from the comfort of your living room.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

JimStynes

Quote from: magickingdom on November 29, 2009, 02:51:02 PM

altho i agree there overpriced you'd have paid more yesterday for irelands rugby game

Yeah rugby is a complete joke aswell but at least its an international match. The price for going to watch club games in rugby are nothing like the price you would pay for NFL. I would have prefared to go to a college game but cant find any games that are on close to new york and i leave on tuesday. Going to do wat stew says and sit in the house and watch the games.

Also what division of college football does Norte Dame play in. Its bloody confusing this American football craic

thejuice

Anyone know where I can listen or watch to the Falcons game live? Couldn't find any links on Justin TV. Matt Ryan had to leave the game with an ankle injury.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Quote from: thejuice on November 29, 2009, 06:44:32 PM
Anyone know where I can listen or watch to the Falcons game live? Couldn't find any links on Justin TV. Matt Ryan had to leave the game with an ankle injury.

Try this Juice, click on "live sports" at top of screen and choose your poison

http://www.atdhe.net/index.html
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

tried that one already minder, just gets one of those TV testing screens when I click on Falcons-Buccs. Does it work for you.

thejuice

Ryan out and he is now joined by Turner. Falcons are in serious trouble. Lose tonight and we are definitely out of the race.

magickingdom

Quote from: JimStynes on November 29, 2009, 06:41:52 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on November 29, 2009, 02:51:02 PM

Yeah rugby is a complete joke aswell but at least its an international match. The price for going to watch club games in rugby are nothing like the price you would pay for NFL. I would have prefared to go to a college game but cant find any games that are on close to new york and i leave on tuesday. Going to do wat stew says and sit in the house and watch the games.

Also what division of college football does Norte Dame play in. Its bloody confusing this American football craic

notre dame lost to stanford sat night (in cal). what division? all nd teams are ncaa div 1 but its not like you know it. there are a number of conferences but nd are one of the few independent teams due to the fact that their football program is the richest and they got a national following (even got their own tv deal) and have a national schedule where they play teams from different conferences.

Orior

I saw the Florida - Florida State game at the weekend.

Tim Tebow is some pup. The quarterback is literally a god-send for preachers trying to make religion hip and trendy.

Also, the drummers were fantastic. Makes it a real carnival. Wish I could get to one of those games.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

magickingdom

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.