American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Brutal was da Bears. Ridiculous. Capped off a fairly shitty Sunday for me!

Capt Pat

Yankees get destroyed by Cliff lee in Game 1. 6-1 to the Phillies. The Yankees are in trouble with Lee in this type of form he can pitch another couple of games for them in this series, in this type of form that would get them 3 wins.

new devil

Just home from the game..brillant display by Lee..but long way to go,thank f**k he dosen't pitch every night  :-[

thejuice

Brett Favre returns to Lambeau this weekend. Will be interesting.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Quote from: thejuice on October 29, 2009, 10:16:55 AM

Are Sky showing it Juice as the late game?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

they are indeed, Jet-Phins @ 5:30 then Vike-Packers @ 9.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ballinaman

Anybody else on nfluk fantasy?? I'm torn between schuab and garrard as qb this week. Also i never thought i'd see the day...i'm starting a lions player....kevin smith at RB...they playing the rams though it has to be said...

stew

If the pack can protect Rodgers they will win this game going away, I think that the vikings will again throw the kitchen sink at the packs O line and try and get to Rodgers, if they do thye will win, it's that simple.

Knowing the huge ego Favre has I suspect he will throw downfield a few times and he will fire away from Woodson, if that other tube Harris can contain himself and keep his man in front of him the pack will pick Farve will throw picks as long as there is no misunderstanding between the safeties and the corners.

Prediction time. Packers 24-viqueens 17. :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Claw

i don't think that Gbay's O line will be able to protect Rogers without some serious tight end help. Jaren Allen had a field day against them last time.

magpie seanie

Quote from: The Claw on October 30, 2009, 11:03:27 AM
i don't think that Gbay's O line will be able to protect Rogers without some serious tight end help. Jaren Allen had a field day against them last time.

That would be my fear too. Hopefully the Packers have looked and that and have devised an antidote. Actually want GB to win this one to keep Bears slim hopes just about alive. This is going to be a harder game for Favre than the earlier one. Harder for him to maintain focus I'd venture.

RedBolts

There won't be much between the Packers and the Vikings. Rodgers or Favre? I know who i'd rather have on my side going into a tight fourth quarter. GB have all the pressure going into this one, esp after their earlier defeat to Minnesota. Vikings by +3.5

Some other matchups this weekend:
NY Giants v Philadelphia Eagles - The Giants have been found out it seems, but i don't particularly rate the Eagles either (they lost to Oakland ffs). Manning been taking a bit of stick this past couple of weeks, good chance to get back on track. Giants by +6.5

Raiders v SD Chargers - perfect game for the Chargers to go 4-3. Bit disappointed in the Bolts this season, thought they might walk the division (maybe even go 6-0), but we never counted on the Broncos O. First Monday night football SD struggled in Oakland. Writing was on the wall then - easy win on Sunday won't erase it. Chargers by +13.5

SF 49ers v Indi Colts - Manning's been at his tip-top best and Indi look like Superbowl winners. Saw SF the other week on sky against Atlanta. They were horrible. 3-3 probably flatters them. Colts by as much as they want.

magickingdom

big game for the yankees tonight, pettitt is up for them so thats good, no dh for the next 3 games for the yankees tho. if they lose tonight the phillies will fancy their chances of finishing off the series at home....

Oraisteach

Yeah, it's terrific to see two Indians' pitchers dueling in the World Series.

Sure, if you have enough money you can buy whatever you want.

And that's one reason why I like the GEE-AAH-AY.  Good or bad, if you're from Armagh, you play for Armagh.

stew

Quote from: Minder on October 29, 2009, 10:44:50 AM

I just got handed two tickets for this game and I have no interest in going, the daughter would go but she is headed back to Milwaukee for school, any takers????
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Minder

Quote from: stew on October 31, 2009, 09:18:42 PM
Quote from: Minder on October 29, 2009, 10:44:50 AM

I just got handed two tickets for this game and I have no interest in going, the daughter would go but she is headed back to Milwaukee for school, any takers????

Would take them in a heartbeat but am 3000 miles away  :'(
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"